IGNORED

Is there some weird war between AA forums and Atari I/O forums?

Rev

http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2547-jr-pac-man-for-intv/page-2

Tried to make things better with the guy that was upset with the Jr Pac Man prank reveal. Only to get banned?

Im not really upset or really bothered, its just a little weird. A request from the forum admin over there was ignored as well.

Maybe maxRD or arenafoot, or Rick R can shed some light on why they dislike AA so much?

Pollution from other sites will not be allowed

Good job Rev... you made an honest apology and turned back from your pranky ways in your first post there, and still got banned! ;)

Also, regarding Jr Pac-Man, this would have been quickly debunked or at least had more doubt noted, if there were less people who already knew about the project (from beta testing, etc.).

http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2547-jr-pac-man-for-intv/page-2

Tried to make things better with the guy that was upset with the Jr Pac Man prank reveal. Only to get banned?

Im not really upset or really bothered, its just a little weird. A request from the forum admin over there was ignored as well.

Maybe maxRD or arenafoot, or Rick R can shed some light on why they dislike AA so much?

Wow! Some people have really no sense of perspective. It seems rather disproportionate to respond so harshly to such a silly stunt. It wasn't even a long-running scam. If anything, I think Eric overplayed his hand and Rev revealed it too soon. I never took any of it as having the intent to deceive, at least not in any malicious way.

Oh well. I guess they can "keep their Atari I/O beautiful." :roll:

I just read the whole thread as my first visit to Atari I/O, ever. The thread seems like a lot of drama centered about how Atari I/O doesn't drama. I hope that the vitriol in that particular thread is not representative of their site.

Exactly. :lol:

-dZ.

• Like 4

How beautiful is Atari I/O, let me count the ways...

Here are some choice quotes from that thread. Enjoy they happy beautiful feelings!

Beautiful looking game, but if this was a hoax to drum up some buzz their actions are abhorrent.

Very bad taste IMO... I say we join together and boycott his website, if and when he releases his game.

Had this happened here the topic would be removed and the Member permanently banned from the site.

Gutted to find this was now a hoax by what we British would refer to as an utter w#nker...

sorry but pulling a stint like that... is just disgusting..

Eric blah blah should be utterly ashamed.

I utter condemn anyone who's actions be they physically editing video footage or making up fabricated claims... without a care in the world or thought for others.

That'll be the last time I ever log into Atariage. Sleazeballs and douchebags. If Albert shows up to Arcade Expo, I may give him a hearty manslap.

i hope Eric reaps what he's sown with this one.....

Just the fact that AtariAge tolerates it disgusts me. As Justin said: delete the thread and ban the user.

"Smugness" is a good choice of word. It's very off-putting. Thumbs up to Arenafoot for posting his disappointment over there. They turn into sharks quickly. That took guts.

Probably still best you banished him and shut him down I guess...

And of course...

We want to welcome in as many great new people as possible, to join us and grow our membership...

We built a COMMUNITY where others built a forum... In all seriousness this forum should be bloody proud of what it's achieved.

I feel the love, mate! I do. I really do.

• Like 7

Wow how uptight are thise guys? They should just be happy they had something to talk (bitch) about at last,

apart from this thread it seems pretty dead on there.....

Not only that, but at the end of the thread it seems like they are quite happy with the game anyway and will buy it -- banning and boycotting talk notwithstanding. :roll:

• Like 1

Yah I was caught off guard by the level of vitriol in that thread. No puppies and kitties were murdered here folks, just Rev teasing an upcoming game in a fun and creative fashion.

I hadn't heard of that site before Rev posted that link and clearly 99% of us wouldn't be welcomed there as it would appear that most of us thought it was pretty funny when it was revealed and therefore wouldn't meet the entry standards. There are a lot of upsetting things in this world but finding out that Jr Pac Man is coming for the Intellivision isn't one of them.

• Like 8

The strange part is the threat of "man slap albert". WTF? Albert was NO part of it. I dont get the threat of violence. That is what led me to believe there was pre-existing problems loooong before my jr pac stunt. Anyone can shed light on that?

Thats what im more interested in, than the situation surrounding jr pac.

I still havent seen anyone from the IO forums post in here. Guys, dont be scared. We dont bite.....hard. Come on in here.

Edited by Rev