Photo

Mad Studio

Mad Pascal Mad Assembler Graphics Player/Missiles Atascii screens Character sets

84 replies to this topic

#76 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

River Patroller

• 4,878 posts

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2018 9:57 PM

Nice Job! Things are coming along well.

I won't say too much about missing features, since I know this is in progress, but here are a few things off the top of my head and one error I noticed.

Error

1. When editing Player 1, data from Player 0 appeared, disappeared, and then reappeared in Player 1's grid.

Suggestions

1. Provide a way to retain the last palette loaded between sessions (so it won't need to be reloaded over and over).

2. I'd personally like to see WBM file format loading possible for Graphics 8. This file format is supported in Photoshop and is nearly 1 to 1 for translating to Graphics 8 (I've used it a lot for Atari stuff).

3. Current font loaded in editor should be available for various other modes and screen editors.

Comments

1. It's little consfusing having a multicolor view for the current player in the "Normal Mode" tab.

Edited by MrFish, Tue Mar 6, 2018 10:09 PM.

#77 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,256 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 4:35 AM

Good, I will look at all your observations.

I also agree that multi-color player view is probably confusing in first tab. It was put there for instant view what multi-color players would look like if combined together. I can remove that feature or make it as user option.

#78 Yaron Nir OFFLINE  

Yaron Nir

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:48 PM

Gury, very nice release!

i really like the missle editor and the ability to create 1 player out of all 5 missiles

The data numbers near each player is excellent! 

the only comment i have is the multicolor players

you only combine 0+1 and 2+3 (there is a bug when you see 2+3 you still mark 0+1 - please fix that)

my intial idea was to combie all 4 players and even the 5fifth missle "player" into 1 character multicolored

keep up the good work!

cheers

#79 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,256 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 6:17 AM

No problem, it is doable. But all priority combinations must be checked, so the final result is the same as on real thing. I will look at it as soon as possible.

#80 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,256 posts

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:56 AM

Hi! Here is new version, mostly concentrated on multi-color player editor. It is separated from normal one-color editor as I figured it would be more logical to distinquish between them. In this editor players can be drawn freely in 32-bit area horizontally, so they are not limited to just 8-bit space. Program automatically determines the color priority between any of 4 players as they are drawn. Also, player width is put into consideration. Even if you try to draw in wrong place, it does not allow it.

I will add accompanying features to this editor as soon as you confirm this is closer to your liking. Currently multi-color editor does not support missiles.

To test your multi-color player arts, go to P/M source code generator and choose Example demonstration - Multiple color players in Source code examples combo box. In addition, I am thinking of incorporating special P/M file format to mix players and missiles together for later restoring.

Some other changes and fixes:

- New icon for compile and automatic run in your favourite Atari emulator (suggestion by walktari)

- Correct handling of color registers when reading and saving 2-color graphics mode images

mad_studio_03.png mad_studio_04.png

Greetings

Edited by Gury, Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:57 AM.

#81 Philsan OFFLINE  

Philsan

River Patroller

• 3,675 posts
  • New Orleans Saints Super Bowl XLIV Champions

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:18 PM

Hi Bostjan.

Mad Studio is getting very good.

For my needs I would like the following features:

- Fastbasic support

- Atari Player Editor import data

- Sprites frames to test animations (see Atari Player Editor)

#82 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,256 posts

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:24 AM

Thank you. I considered to include missing cross-compilers before and FastBasic is surely candidate, as is CC65.

Sure, I will look at listed features and they will be added in later release.

#83 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,256 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2018 6:53 AM

Hi there!

New version: 0.8.3

Brief summary of new features:

- New PC format for drawing and mixing all 4 players together (.mpl), added icon in toolbar

- Control of horizontal movement for any player

- Bug fix: drawing a player is interchangable in normal and multi-color editor

- Very basic support for FastBasic and CC65 (currently you have to set existing path for these languages on your system, no examples ready yet)

- Character set editor, Antic mode 4/5 editor:

- Shift and move operations moved to main editor window and removed from toolbar

- Buf fix (Antic mode 4/5 editor): proper representation of color registers in characters

The multi-color player PC format is in experimental stage, which currently supports area of 32 pixels horizontally and 22 pixels vertically. When you are happy with your multi-color player drawing, go to Source code generator and click on Source code examples combo. There you can select Players and missiles or Multiple color players option, which automatically generates code for you.

The idea for the future release is using whole Atari video screen area, where you might select also size of the player or missile (yes, missiles are on the plan board too).

madstudio01.png madstudio02.png madstudio03.png madstudio04.png

Edited by Gury, Tue May 1, 2018 6:56 AM.

#84 Yaron Nir OFFLINE  

Yaron Nir

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:48 PM

Gury,

mad study latest version looks awsome!

some additional features i think needed:

- For multiplayer mode, add a grid.

- Add the ability to disable the mixed color between the player.

- next to each row in player (even in multiplayer) add the data values for that row on the fly (toggle hex/dec)

keep up the good work!

#85 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,256 posts

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:29 AM

Good points. It will be done!

Greetings

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mad Pascal, Mad Assembler, Graphics, Player/Missiles, Atascii screens, Character sets

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users