Mad Studio

Mad Pascal Mad Assembler Graphics Player/Missiles Atascii screens Character sets

78 replies to this topic

#76 MrFish OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 4,498 posts

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2018 9:57 PM

Nice Job! Things are coming along well.

I won't say too much about missing features, since I know this is in progress, but here are a few things off the top of my head and one error I noticed.

1. When editing Player 1, data from Player 0 appeared, disappeared, and then reappeared in Player 1's grid.

1. Provide a way to retain the last palette loaded between sessions (so it won't need to be reloaded over and over).

2. I'd personally like to see WBM file format loading possible for Graphics 8. This file format is supported in Photoshop and is nearly 1 to 1 for translating to Graphics 8 (I've used it a lot for Atari stuff).

3. Current font loaded in editor should be available for various other modes and screen editors.

1. It's little consfusing having a multicolor view for the current player in the "Normal Mode" tab.

Edited by MrFish, Tue Mar 6, 2018 10:09 PM.

#77 Gury OFFLINE  

• Topic Starter
  • 1,232 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 4:35 AM

Good, I will look at all your observations.

I also agree that multi-color player view is probably confusing in first tab. It was put there for instant view what multi-color players would look like if combined together. I can remove that feature or make it as user option.

#78 Yaron Nir OFFLINE  

Yaron Nir

Space Invader

• 10 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:48 PM

Gury, very nice release!

i really like the missle editor and the ability to create 1 player out of all 5 missiles

The data numbers near each player is excellent! 

the only comment i have is the multicolor players

you only combine 0+1 and 2+3 (there is a bug when you see 2+3 you still mark 0+1 - please fix that)

my intial idea was to combie all 4 players and even the 5fifth missle "player" into 1 character multicolored

keep up the good work!

#79 Gury OFFLINE  

• Topic Starter
  • 1,232 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 6:17 AM

No problem, it is doable. But all priority combinations must be checked, so the final result is the same as on real thing. I will look at it as soon as possible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mad Pascal, Mad Assembler, Graphics, Player/Missiles, Atascii screens, Character sets

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users