Ok, I will look at the compile problem.

I will revisit and update FastBasic code. Thank you!

Yes, text editor has new features. I am more comfortable to code with fixed fonts like Courier new. Other, more terminal like, is FixedSys font, but Courier New was the choice for default font.

• Like 2

Hi TIX,

does Color palette shows on the left side? To change the color of a player you have to click on corresponding color box at the bottom (PCOLR0, PCOLR1, PCOLR2, PCOLR3) and select another color of your choice.

yeah found it

thanks !

yeah found it

thanks !

I am aware the program needs documentation when it grows in features. It will be included someday, I need more time for Atari stuff.

Btw, I am glad it is of some use to you.

Good programs!

Editors can include a 48-character wide screen?

Better - could you declare the screen size of X = 9999, Y = 9999

and edit only a part of the whole. And add scrolling X, Y

greetings

It sounds like map editor to me :) It will be done somewhere in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this bug report, I will check if I can reproduce it. I am also working on new features.

I noticed from your screenshot that font layout is little off. It seems to be a problem of default OS font used by a program for displaying text. I will check if I can set some fixed sized font to display the same in all environments. We can test this when I prepare new version .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is new version with some new features.

Player Animator now includes source code generator for animations from loaded Atari Player Editor file. Currently you can select from Atari BASIC / Turbo BASIC XL and FastBasic example listings. Attached below are some examples generated with the program.

I changed GUI layout a bit in Player Animator source code generator for better handling of the listings. I will probably use the same approach in other modules next time.

You can also manipulate APL files in Player/missile editor. You can load two frames, stored in four players or you can select an option to load just one layer of the frames.

post-7301-0-72604900-1544050588.png

Saving APL in Player/missile editor will be included in next version. Currently you can save changes in Player Animator.

Here is a screenshot of a program with animated figure loaded from APL file.

post-7301-0-93692700-1544050722.png

You are welcome to send any new suggestions and bug reports.

About Player Animator usage... no documentation yet :(

You draw in the frame cells with mouse (left button for draw a color, right button for background). On first click you get the focus on the frame slot, later on you can draw in the cells. When you move to another frame slot, you again first get a focus. In drawing process, you can press key 1 or 2 to select layer (player 0 / 1), with which you want to draw in the cell. Or you can choose radio button above the editor.

Btw...

apl_anim_src.zip are source code examples + FastBasic executable generated with Mad Studio, apl_pack.zip is set of files collected from Atari Player Editor and http://atarionline.pl sites

Have a nice day...

apl_anim_src.zip

apl_pack.zip

Edited by Gury
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible that Source code editor saves language preference? Every time I have to switch to FastBasic.

Would it be possible to have a stand-alone Source code editor? Most of the times I only code and I don't need Color palette and Mad Studio floating windows.

Thanks!

Hi Philsan,

Good suggestions. Saving language preferences is not a problem. I can add properties to configuration file, which will indicate selected language of choice in source code generator.

Anyway, I plan to centralize source code generators from all modules in one of later releases to make things simpler. For now, I will detect last selected language which will be saved to configuration file.

Source code editor is just one of modules in the program, so I can add a feature to save current state of opened modules. So, when you would close Color palette window, it would not be opened next time unless you call it through the menu in main window again.

Main Mad Studio floating window is the main program module, so it cannot be closed simply like other modules. I will think about ways to overcome this, maybe making it invisible and call any module by shortcut keys.

Keep in touch

Edited by Gury
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New version - 0.92

Some major highlights:
Player Animator Editor
- Source code generator: support for Mad Pascal, Action! and TurboBasic XL in all listing examples
- Fixed colors when saving data to file
- Function Enable/disable mixed (3rd) color: immediate changes in all frames
Misc
- Saving language preference in source code editors
- Saving the state of opened and closed modules in the program
- Formatted json configuration text (now configuration file is more readable)

Would it be possible that Source code editor saves language preference? Every time I have to switch to FastBasic.

Would it be possible to have a stand-alone Source code editor? Most of the times I only code and I don't need Color palette and Mad Studio floating windows.

Thanks!

Below are examples of Player Animator generated source code listings in Mad Pascal and Action! Attached is also demonstration executable file (Mad Pascal).

post-7301-0-60580300-1545762089_thumb.png

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2019 to all...

Boštjan

test_anim_mp_action.zip

mp_anim_test.obx

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Gury,

I'm working with someone here to create a new game, I am programming on the MAC/65 Assembler on the Atari and he is trying out Mad Studio for the first time. Please can you add a feature to create a data file from the screen that can be read (entered) into Mac/65.

Thanks,

J

Hi!

Do you wish this feature for all supported graphics modes in the program? Did you mean screen data bytes as listing created by source code generator?

Ideally MAD Studio creates an exported file that can be read into BASIC/assembler with data statements for screen data (all modes) and PMG data. Preferably bytes in hex format.

In MAC/65 in text mode you can "enter" in a BASIC listed file and replace the text "DATA" from 10 DATA $30,$30... with ".BYTE" , but having it as .BYTE $40,$20,$23 would be fantastic - this doesn't need line numbers as can auto-number during import. So you could do 1 for BASIC (with line numbers) and 1 for Assember :)

I would need like data export in Graphics Editor too, with FastBasic format:

data image() byte = $00, $00, $00, $01, $55, $55, $15, $55, $50, $01, $50, $00,
data byte = $00, $00, $05, $40, $00, $00, $00, $00, $00, $00, $00, $00,

data byte = $00, $00, $05, $40, $00, $00, $00, $00, $00, $00, $00, $00

Notice that first line has "image()" and last line doesn't end with a comma.

Eventually, a complete graphics editor like Atari Graphics Editor would be useful: http://g2f.atari8.info/(scroll the page).