Photo

Mad Studio

Mad Pascal Mad Assembler Graphics Player/Missiles Atascii screens Character sets

111 replies to this topic

#101 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,276 posts

Posted Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:12 AM

Ok, I will look at the compile problem.

I will revisit and update FastBasic code. Thank you!

Yes, text editor has new features. I am more comfortable to code with fixed fonts like Courier new. Other, more terminal like, is FixedSys font, but Courier New was the choice for default font.

#102 TIX OFFLINE  

TIX

Moonsweeper

• 252 posts

Posted Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:52 PM

Hey Gury, great job :)

I use MadStudio mainly for sprite editing and its an excellent and easy to use tool set !!

I encountered a problem can you help ?

probably my fault but in version 0.8.5 I cant seem to change the colors of any players except player 1..

#103 TIX OFFLINE  

TIX

Moonsweeper

• 252 posts

Posted Thu Nov 1, 2018 11:37 AM

.. never mind  :|

#104 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

Quadrunner

• 5,837 posts

Posted Thu Nov 1, 2018 11:52 AM

.. never mind  :|

but now we have to know!

#105 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,276 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 1:34 AM

Hi TIX,

does Color palette shows on the left side? To change the color of a player you have to click on corresponding color box at the bottom (PCOLR0, PCOLR1, PCOLR2, PCOLR3) and select another color of your choice.

#106 pajero_pn OFFLINE  

pajero_pn

Star Raider

• 76 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 2:29 AM

Good programs!

Editors can include a 48-character wide screen?

Better - could you declare the screen size of X = 9999, Y = 9999
and edit only a part of the whole. And add scrolling X, Y

greetings

Attached Thumbnails

• Atascii, Text mode editor.PNG

#107 TIX OFFLINE  

TIX

Moonsweeper

• 252 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 1:06 PM

Hi TIX,

does Color palette shows on the left side? To change the color of a player you have to click on corresponding color box at the bottom (PCOLR0, PCOLR1, PCOLR2, PCOLR3) and select another color of your choice.

yeah found it

thanks !

#108 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,276 posts

Posted Sun Nov 4, 2018 11:38 AM

yeah found it

thanks !

I am aware the program needs documentation when it grows in features. It will be included someday, I need more time for Atari stuff.

Btw, I am glad it is of some use to you.

Good programs!

Editors can include a 48-character wide screen?

Better - could you declare the screen size of X = 9999, Y = 9999
and edit only a part of the whole. And add scrolling X, Y

greetings

It sounds like map editor to me :) It will be done somewhere in the future.

#109 TIX OFFLINE  

TIX

Moonsweeper

• 252 posts

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:19 AM

I think I found a bug,

sometimes when I am in the player/missile editor,the layers lose the alignment and when I try to fix it with the slider they become corrupt..

see below:

Attached Thumbnails

• mad.JPG

#110 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,276 posts

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 AM

Thank you for this bug report, I will check if I can reproduce it. I am also working on new features.

I noticed from your screenshot that font layout is little off. It seems to be a problem of default OS font used by a program for displaying text. I will check if I can set some fixed sized font to display the same in all environments. We can test this when I prepare new version .

#111 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,276 posts

Posted Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:10 PM

New version 0.9

New features:

- Player Animator + data source code generator (full support for loading Atari Player files)

- Player/Missile editor: support for loading Atari Player files (first two frames)

I will describe inner works and current observations about bugs later. Too tired now.

madstudio01.png madstudio02.png madstudio03.png madstudio04.png

#112 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,276 posts

Posted Wed Dec 5, 2018 5:06 PM

Here is new version with some new features.

Player Animator now includes source code generator for animations from loaded Atari Player Editor file. Currently you can select from Atari BASIC / Turbo BASIC XL and FastBasic example listings. Attached below are some examples generated with the program.

I changed GUI layout a bit in Player Animator source code generator for better handling of the listings. I will probably use the same approach in other modules next time.

You can also manipulate APL files in Player/missile editor. You can load two frames, stored in four players or you can select an option to load just one layer of the frames.

mad_studio_03.png

Saving APL in Player/missile editor will be included in next version. Currently you can save changes in Player Animator.

Here is a screenshot of a program with animated figure loaded from APL file.

mad_studio_05.png

You are welcome to send any new suggestions and bug reports.

About Player Animator usage... no documentation yet :(

You draw in the frame cells with mouse (left button for draw a color, right button for background). On first click you get the focus on the frame slot, later on you can draw in the cells. When you move to another frame slot, you again first get a focus. In drawing process, you can press key 1 or 2 to select layer (player 0 / 1), with which you want to draw in the cell. Or you can choose radio button above the editor.

Btw... 

apl_anim_src.zip are source code examples + FastBasic executable generated with Mad Studio, apl_pack.zip is set of files collected from Atari Player Editor and http://atarionline.pl sites

Have a nice day...

Attached Files

Edited by Gury, Wed Dec 5, 2018 5:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mad Pascal, Mad Assembler, Graphics, Player/Missiles, Atascii screens, Character sets

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users