Photo

Mad Studio

Mad Pascal Mad Assembler Graphics Player/Missiles Atascii screens Character sets

153 replies to this topic

#151 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,314 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:19 AM

New version (0.9.5):

Graphics Editor
  - Very basic implementation of drawing graphics shapes (line, rectangle, circle, triangle, filled rectangle)
  - Added new toolbar for additional features
  - Bug fix: correct handling of graphics mode 8 screens on loading and saving process
  - Bug fix: correct loading of multi-color player files (*.mpl)

mad_studio_gr_shapes.png

Character set editor
  - New tool: copy drawing character to selected character set cell
  - Changed and added icons in toolbar (Flip horizontally, Flip vertically, Rotate, Copy character...)
  - Bug fix: eliminated switching of inverse video characters (found by Kaz)
  - Bug fix: eliminated deleting of character beneath cursor on load and default character set operation

mad_studio_chr_sets.png

Atascii editor (changed to Text mode 0 editor)
  - Source code generator:
    - added new examples for automatic generation of statements for data values and screen loaders

About graphics additions... Currently these are very basic operations to help you to draw some basic shapes. Unfortunately, there is no Undo/Redo function currently, which waits for next version. When the shape is selected, the drawing process seems a little bit sketchy, but it doesn't influence final results. I am sorry about that.

Character set editor - new function for copying drawing character to other cells works this way:
1. When this function is selected, currently drawn character can be copied to other cells freely
2. Use your mouse and click (left button) on selected cells where you want the new character to be
3. To end the process, press 'Esc' key to come back to normal mode

Kaz, I hope this is what you wanted to use. Also, yourself as graphics artist maestro, please tell me if new icons for Flip horizontally, Flip vertically, Rotate look ok, because I didn't like the old ones.

Greetings
Gury

Edited by Gury, Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:26 AM.

#152 Kaz atarionline.pl OFFLINE  

Kaz atarionline.pl

Moonsweeper

• 434 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:31 AM

Wow, a lot of improvements! Thank you. I'm going to use it as usual and will report bugs and propose add-ons :D.

PS. New icons look ok :)

#153 Gury OFFLINE  

Gury

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,314 posts

Posted Fri May 10, 2019 3:20 PM

New version (0.9.6)

- Character set editor
  - Character view (original and modified set) for all supported text modes
  - Character set selection boxes for Antic modes 4, 5, 6 and 7

- Antic mode 4/5 editor
  - Buf fix: proper handling of color registers
  - Source code generator:
    - added new examples for automatic generation of byte array values and screen loaders

Text mode 1 & 2 editor
  - Bug fix: correct handling of color registers
  - Source code generator:
    - added new examples for automatic generation of byte array values and screen loaders

and more... (see About / Release notes)

mad_studio_chr_sets_096.png
mad_studio_antic4_096.png

Edited by Gury, Fri May 10, 2019 3:21 PM.

#154 Kaz atarionline.pl OFFLINE  

Kaz atarionline.pl

Moonsweeper

• 434 posts

Posted Tue May 14, 2019 7:54 AM

Nice, installed!

I'm still preparing the report, so let's check what can be removed from the list :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mad Pascal, Mad Assembler, Graphics, Player/Missiles, Atascii screens, Character sets

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users