IGNORED

Atari 7800 Robotron Controller

thegamezmaster

No if I remember right it looked like a nes controller with two dpads. One on each side. Thanks for the replies though!

Was it this? (Pictures below)

I made this a few weeks ago, really wanted a solution for Robotron. I came up with this, had to do some surgery on the case and had a friend make a label. I actually put it on Ebay to see if there was interest, and try and get some funds ready for the home-brew rush at the end of November :)

I was planning on making a few of these...

It works pretty well, diagonals aren't the greatest with it being an NES pad but I still got my highest scores with this controller

PM me if your interested

post-35160-0-61983100-1478389634_thumb.jpgpost-35160-0-21375500-1478389641_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

No if I remember right it looked like a nes controller with two dpads. One on each side. Thanks for the replies though!

I can vouch for the Edladdin Super Twin 78. I have one and its uncanny when paired with 7800 Robotron. It almost feels like the controller was made alongside the game BITD. :-D

• Like 1

I made this a few weeks ago, really wanted a solution for Robotron. I came up with this, had to do some surgery on the case and had a friend make a label. I actually put it on Ebay to see if there was interest, and try and get some funds ready for the home-brew rush at the end of November :)

It works pretty well, diagonals aren't the greatest with it being an NES pad but I still got my highest scores with this controller

PM me if your interested

attachicon.gif851.jpgattachicon.gif854.jpg

That's it. Thanks for the help!

Jeez… too bad. I'd love an excuse to use a DualShock controller these days! :lol:

You can ask iesposta to send you the one he has currently. I only made two and he currently has the second one, it went around several members already.

PM me if your interested

attachicon.gif851.jpgattachicon.gif854.jpg

I saw that on ebay and was very impressed by the work. Nice!

You can always mount the pain-lines to a board....they work GREAT set up like this (they're not good for much else anyway IMO)!

c282e4ca-4d35-43f1-99a4-71b9d2ff09dc.jpg

I really like that. I am going to have to try it.

Is there any special purpose to the half circle cuts in the board?

Edited by SIO2

I really like that. I am going to have to try it.

Is there any special purpose to the half circle cuts in the board?

Not really....I guess I thought it would look cooler than just a square board. It did (very unintentionally) work out good for wrapping the cords around though.

I used stickem velcro on the bottom of the controllers (which does peel off of plastic with no damage if needed), then three zip ties for each controller, through the board. They are rock solid and I can wail on the thing, and the pretty short throw of the pro line sticks work great for quick reactions in Robotron.

• Like 1

Hmm. With a couple CX40's, one could easily build a lego approximation.

There was a prototype 7800 joystick coupler, and I thought someone said they developed a 3D printer file so one could create a replica. Was the file ever created?