IGNORED

Are we going to have a TI Christmas?

Omega-TI

Rasmus, this community will never be able to thank you fully for your stellar contributions to our hobby. I am hardly surprised that our first AMS card title would bear your moniker (and include a video tease that borders on evil in the anticipation it invokes!)

As far as having Asgard done by Christmas, allow me to paraphrase a former employer and say "we'll get it when it's ready!" - and that's OK, because just knowing that it's coming is a very fine Merry Christmas!

so a Merry Christmas back at you sir! Thank you so much!

• Like 2

Rasmus, this community will never be able to thank you fully for your stellar contributions to our hobby. I am hardly surprised that our first AMS card title would bear your moniker (and include a video tease that borders on evil in the anticipation it invokes!)

As far as having Asgard done by Christmas, allow me to paraphrase a former employer and say "we'll get it when it's ready!" - and that's OK, because just knowing that it's coming is a very fine Merry Christmas!

so a Merry Christmas back at you sir! Thank you so much!

Thanks, a Merry Christmas to you too, and I'm really glad you like what you see. This project is quite different from anything I have done before. It is driven by the desire to produce something for the SAMS cards that many of you have invested in, but also by the desire to make a game that has some of the staying power from other rougelikes like angband.

Also, speaking of TI Christmas. I had a link to a place to purchase the TI USB keyboard adaptor for around $40 and now I can't find it. Does anyone have a source?

USB [prefered but PS2 is also acceptable.

I wanted to do this immediately after returning to the TI, early this summer. Yet after discovering the TI-BASIC's Holy Trinity: Classic99 + XB256 Compiler + TIdBit; I'm thinking the old crappy TI keyboard is adequate for running games or things I'm tinkering with. It's not like I'd ever consider editing code or word processing on the TI so... I'm no longer excited about the keyboard mod.

• Like 1

I'm gonna jump the gun here and post my 2017 X-Mas wishlist item for the TI now. I pretty much got everything I could have wished for (sort of) for the TI this year.

Side cart HDD2SD emulation.

and for 2018...

Virtual ram and or rom for for use with the hdd2sd side cart. (use storage space on HDD as switchable ram and or rom). If both, call it R.R.O.A.M.

I'll just keep working on games and learning more while you guys get on that ok? :)

All,

I just released a new GPL game called "Break Free" a break out variant on arcadeshopper.

I wanted to create a new thread GPL -> Development -> Code -> Game -> Break Free but could not find a way of creating the New topic. Do you need special permission for this?

Official promo video is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9SCoX-KoY your comments will be appreciated.

David

• Like 1

All,

I just released a new GPL game called "Break Free" a break out variant on arcadeshopper.

I wanted to create a new thread GPL -> Development -> Code -> Game -> Break Free but could not find a way of creating the New topic. Do you need special permission for this?

Official promo video is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9SCoX-KoY your comments will be appreciated.

David

I figured it out

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259621-break-free/

• 3 weeks later...

I want you developers to know, both hardware and software, that even if we don't have a new item or program for Christmas, that your work and efforts are appreciated. I will be gone through the next week and connectivity will be minimal, so I wanted to say this now, before I leave Friday to visit family over the holidays.

You are exceptionally skilled and it is a joy to see our little lady expanded and able to be used to a higher level than we thought she was capable of 20-30 years ago. Now if I could ever get started on that stand alone Geneve emulator :?

Anyhow, Merry Christmas to all, here on Atariage and a Happy New Year.

Edited by RickyDean
  • Like 2

Here is an updated preview of the game I'm working on (requires 128K AMS):

It now has more options for the screen layout, a basic combat system (based on a few D&D rules), and saving and loading (not shown in the video, saving will only be available in the town). There are still lots of things left to program. Next I think I'm going to work on a shop where you can buy and sell items.

• Like 8