2 replies to this topic

#1 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Dragonstomper

• 817 posts

Posted Sun Nov 6, 2016 10:41 AM

I have scanned* the assembly source code printouts for the WSFN language:

https://archive.org/...iWSFNSourceCode

WSFN was released by Atari Program Exchange in 1982 (catalog entry), but it's clear from the source that it could have been released as an official Atari cartridge. WSFN (Which Stands for Nothing) was a programming language for controlling robots created by Li-Chen Wang and published by Dr. Dobb's Journal. The Atari version was by Harry Stewart.

I've included the first page here to whet your appetite, but you'll have to to go archive.org to see the whole things. Download the ZIP file if you really want to dig in :)

*By scanned, I mean: photographed, because I promised the person who lent me the printouts that I would not separate the pages. The pictures are, I believe, good enough. Readable enough to be entered by hand if anyone is inclined to do so. 

more good stuff to come.
WSFN579.JPG

#2 Atari_Ace OFFLINE  

Atari_Ace

Star Raider

• 95 posts
  • https://ksquiggle.neocities.org/

Posted Wed Nov 9, 2016 12:41 AM

Cool!  Another language implementation with source code!

I've transcribed this from the pdf and validated it against the APX release on AtariMania, so this appears to be the final source code (w/ BOOT = 1 instead of 0).  The pdf was pretty unreadable in places, although the jp2's were quite clean, which I didn't realize till quite late in my transcription, so the comments might not be as accurate as the PILOT and Colleen Calculator transcriptions (which themselves probably have a few errors).  I may go back and clean this up later, but for now, enjoy!

Attached Files

#3 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 817 posts

Posted Wed Nov 9, 2016 4:41 PM

Wow @Atari_Ace — you're amazing. Well done.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users