IGNORED

new products at arcadeshopper.com

arcadeshopper

I carry these already made for the ntsc model on arcadeshopper.com. The PAL I believe is a 6pin DIN and requires component inputs on the monitor. I don't carry those but I am considering making them but I have no way to QA my work as I don't have a PAL console. .

Greg

I'm not sure, but the pinout seems to suggest that it might be a 5-pin DIN that uses the metal sheath for ground? I've got a Sony PVM that will accept composite NTSC and PAL video signals, as well as component and RGB, but I sure don't have a PAL console to test it with either.

The .ch TLD is for Switzerland which uses PAL, but I was under the impression that PAL displays still used single wire composite video so I'm still quite thoroughly confused by that pinout.

I'm not sure, but the pinout seems to suggest that it might be a 5-pin DIN that uses the metal sheath for ground? I've got a Sony PVM that will accept composite NTSC and PAL video signals, as well as component and RGB, but I sure don't have a PAL console to test it with either.

The .ch TLD is for Switzerland which uses PAL, but I was under the impression that PAL displays still used single wire composite video so I'm still quite thoroughly confused by that pinout.

I made a PAL A/V cable and I can confirm it's some sort of component signal. Not a standard one, as blue levels are too high but some screens (as an old Panasonic plasma and some Sony LCD, both with PAL support, shows the colors right. Also a newer TCL screen shows it as UNSUPPORTED and I can't feed it via my ONKYO component to HDMI converter.

AuTomato, on 30 Jan 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

With the PAL consoles, the console outputs R-Y, B-Y and Y to an external modulator box which generates the single RF video signal.

With the PAL consoles, the console outputs R-Y, B-Y and Y to an external modulator box which generates the single RF video signal.

Ah, I get it now. It's not that it's some weird interconnect to a television, that's just the signals needed by the modulator. In the NTSC region we were just lucky enough that the output was something that became standard on televisions. Don't know how I didn't think of that sooner.

LOVE! :love:

Really wish the TI had two 2600 compatible joystick ports built-in like that in the first place. Luckily, I had an adapter for it BITD, but was only single player. My friends and I would take turns on who got stuck using the keyboard when playing games like Blasto! lol

So many cool projects, so few cases for them though. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to 3D print something for it!

dfae35a8aa958a8806cce307c7716b7f.jpg

9ae91a7b8d7c9d6e64ddf97dae5f7a9f.jpg

First one going to get some better screws

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was making a list of things to buy with with my tax return when it comes, and I could have sworn that there was a neverlander cart on Arcadeshopper but I can't find it lol

I have one that i'm bringing to fest west for a door prize :)

also the rom is in the hummingbird eeprom section https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Hummingbird-Eeprom/p/33994194/category=12497082

and you can buy and assemble a 128k cart board and put it in there.. OR it's in the 2048 games cart. and probably one of the 512k games carts

Greg

It is on gamecart 3, selection "N".

Still my favorite TI arcade game.

any time Mr Hull and DSAPSC have a new release it becomes my favorite.

I actually like Mad Marvin's Great Escape more than Never-Lander (although I know I'm in the minority there) and Tex Turbo replaced Tris as my favorite falling blocks game, and remains unchallenged as my favorite current-era TI arcade game.

- Seriously, thank you Marc. Three of your creations are in my TI top-10-games (and let's not forget SID Master - which makes my PEB rock!).

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fyi if you are having trouble reaching the site our hosting provider has been under dos attacks all week. Ftp.whtech is also affected. My store is also accessible via Facebook at www.Facebook.com/arcadeshopperdotcom

thanks for the update! I was wondering why I couldn't regularly get back into the FTP site- it has so much good stuff on it.

I'll make sure I 'like' your Facebook page.

Fyi if you are having trouble reaching the site our hosting provider has been under dos attacks all week. Ftp.whtech is also affected. My store is also accessible via Facebook at www.Facebook.com/arcadeshopperdotcom

this seems to be resolved for the most part..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...