Added:

jedimatt's usb keyboard interface boards

gotek floppy emulators

#77 pismire OFFLINE  

pismire

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 PM

Has anybody had any luck with the Floppy to USB emulator? Is there any work required or do you just plug it in, and then can start reading/writing to "disk" as if you still had a floppy drive?   My floppy in my PEB just died, and I'm weighing options... I like having the PEB around it reminds me of being 12 in 1982 with my original TI... I also like the idea of something like the CF7... Unfortunately I am not good with soldering, etc.... :(  I just want a drive damn it!  :)

#78 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• 1,875 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:10 PM

Has anybody had any luck with the Floppy to USB emulator? Is there any work required or do you just plug it in, and then can start reading/writing to "disk" as if you still had a floppy drive?   My floppy in my PEB just died, and I'm weighing options... I like having the PEB around it reminds me of being 12 in 1982 with my original TI... I also like the idea of something like the CF7... Unfortunately I am not good with soldering, etc.... :(  I just want a drive damn it!   :)

If I recall correctly the ones that ArcadeShopper are selling are already pre-configured and you just need to hook them up and make the appropriate drive selection.  The GoTek's are limited to one drive per device.

The Lotharek Floppy emulator utilizes a standard SD card and can emulate up to 2 disk drives at the same time.  Of course the Lotharek is about double the cost, but of course it emulates 2 disk drives at once.

Just really depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.  Both the GoTek and the Lothareks are good units.

Edited by Shift838, Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:18 PM.

#79 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

Stargunner

• 1,741 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:10 PM

It's pretty straight forward. Set the jumper on the GoTek to device 0 or 1 (DSK1 or 2). USB stick formatted for fat32 or fat I think - I forget but I have one. Your disk files are hfe format which is easy to create, use, format, add/remove files on PC using either TIDir or TIMT TI Image Tool). DSSD format. I'm unsure of how they are sold via arcadeshopper but you may want to mod it as well (add an LCD screen and additional button). Plenty of resources abound and the mod is well known.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users