Photo

Phoenix Software source code

3 replies to this topic

#1 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Dragonstomper

• 805 posts

Posted Sun Nov 6, 2016 6:39 PM

Here's the source code for three text adventure games: Adventure in Time, Birth of the Phoenix and Queen of Phobos, all published by Phoenix Software.  I got these from the programmer, Paul Berker. My interview with him will be published in the ANTIC podcast soon.

Adventure in Time source code 1.DSK

Adventure in Time source code 2 81-08-04.DSK
Adventure in Time Atari version, toolkit.DSK
Adventure in Time modem version.DSK

Adventure in Time and Birth of the Phoenix includes both Apple // and Atari versions, because the Atari version was cross-compiled from the Apple. Note these are Apple // .DSK files. The modem version was a special version that allowed you to play the game online, presumably.

Birth of the Phoenix.DSK
Birth of the Phoenix backup.DSK
Birth of the Phoenix - Atari version.DSK
Birth of the Phoenix - Atari version backup, bad track 6.DSK
Birth of the Phoenix - Games Channel.DSK
Birth of the Phoenix - Games Network Channel.DSK
Birth of the Phoenix.DSK
Birth of the Phoenix backup.DSK

Again for Phoenix, we have Apple // and Atari versions. Plus a couple of versions that were meant to played online, on something called Games Network Channel. (Paul didn't remember much about that.)

Phobos Dav Holle IO Phobio.DSK
Queen of Phobos Modem Text Version.DSK

Queen of Phobos was only made for the Apple //. It was a graphical game, and I don't think this is the complete source code.

-Kevin

Images made with my Apple //: Attached File  Apple DSK images.zip   588.49KB   105 downloads

The same disks, but imaged with kyroflux: Attached File  Apple DSK images - KyroFlux reads.zip   597.24KB   79 downloads

All of the source code extracted as text files for your convenience: Attached File  Extracted text files.zip   1.37MB   191 downloads

disks.JPG

Edited by Savetz, Sun Nov 6, 2016 6:50 PM.

#2 rdefabri OFFLINE  

rdefabri

Star Raider

• 90 posts

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 9:07 AM

Man, I loved those fuschia colored Verbatim disk sleeves...I have a ton of them still, wonder if they are still readable??

Cool stuff - it's great that these programmers still have (and share) their code...thank you!

#3 MarkO OFFLINE  

MarkO

Dragonstomper

• 810 posts
  • Location:Albany, Oregon, USA, North Western Hemisphere, Planet Tera

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 4:48 PM

Thank You so very much, Kevin, for all you do for the Classic Computer Enthusiasts!!!!!

MarkO

#4 polyex OFFLINE  

polyex

Star Raider

• 86 posts

Posted Tue May 16, 2017 8:33 AM

Phoenix Software's first game.  Thanks, Kevin!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users