IGNORED

No response from Intellivision Lives

PowerPakBlog

Resurrecting this thread to say that I never received any response from Inty Lives nor any merchandise, even after PMing Nurmix. Kinda forgot about it since it's been months ago at this point.

Not going to flame them because it won't do any good and I know some have apparently had reasonable dealings with them, but Buyer Beware.

If it makes you feel any better, I still haven't gotten my book either. Although, I didn't have to pay anything...

If you live in the SoCal area, then this weekend is the SCRGE (SoCal Retro Gaming Expo) and Keith is noted as a special guest to be there, so maybe you can attend and then hit him up.

http://www.socalretrogamingexpo.com/special-guests/

I am close by, but man my money is short after Christmas. I wanted to go to this event! :(

A couple of years ago I ordered 2 sets of overlays. They made it ok but they were not complete. One set was missing 3 and the other set was missing 4 (I think). I contacted them and the lady responed back very fast that she would get them in the mail the next day. I have sent an email every month since then to remind them. Still no answer.

A couple of years ago I ordered 2 sets of overlays. They made it ok but they were not complete. One set was missing 3 and the other set was missing 4 (I think). I contacted them and the lady responed back very fast that she would get them in the mail the next day. I have sent an email every month since then to remind them. Still no answer.

At least you are consistent!

Lets make it easy: Do not buy anything or from them, neither support them in any possible way. They are not trustworthy. Sorry, but the site sucks, their store sucks and their behaviour towards customers sucks more than anything else. I honestly never heard anything good. The best thing I heard over the past few years was when they were able to fix a mistake, but as you could read here often mistakes wont be fixed at all.

If we would rely to them, Intellivision would be pretty dead allready. So sorry Keith, but may its better to stop the "business", because you harm your formerly good reputation.

Edited by Ignorama

The last order I did at Keith´s store were the missing overlays for the flashback. You will remember, they were overwhelmed by the amount of orders. It took a while, but I got my overlay set.

Prior to that I ordered over the years the Intellivision Lives and Rocks cds, the Hi-Fi cd, the DS cart, two t-shirts, a mug and maybe some stuff I don´t remember just now. Some times it took a while until I got it (I think the Intellivision lives for DS took a half year), in the end I received all of my orders.

Yeah, be happy, because this thread just proves that other customers never get their stuff or replacements. Sorry, but the number of messed up orders is way too high to be acceptable. And even overwhelming orders do not excuse the missing responses. As you can read right here some people try to contact them for months and even years and we all read the drama back then wich the overlays.

If you say "hey, they are trustworthy, because I got my stuff" its kind of weird, because its a known fact, that others didnt had that luck.

For me its pretty simple: If you cant handle a business, dont run a business. I dont give them credits just because of things which happened 35 years ago.

Edited by Ignorama

This last Christmas, I ordered a poster as a gift, and it arrived promptly, packed perfectly in a mailing tube. I have purchased many things from Intellivision Productions in the past, including Intellivision Lives/Rocks/Hi-Fi collections, games, posters, T-shirts, and even an autographed Flashback console.

The only problem I had was with those pesky overlays for the Flashback, but I let it go because they were overwhelmed at the time and even Mr. Robinson admitted to this. I also think he did his best to fulfill the order. He even sent me an e-mail two days before Christmas asking me to give him a call directly because I did not provide a phone number in my order and there was some confusion with my address (I had moved recently and their records still had the old address).

We went around a few times in which he said he sent them again, but I would never get them, and his assistant (Emily?) called me also to try to fix the situation. Eventually I never got the overlays, although other people here got duplicate orders instead at the same time. At that moment, I recall it gave me the impression that there was still a screw up with my address, and perhaps someone else got mine when it was resent various times.

Still, my Father also ordered a copy of the overlays at the time and he got his. Like I said, this was the only problem I've had in years of doing business with them.

In my opinion, they are very trustworthy, although perhaps a bit slow, but that's probably because they handle fulfillment by hand themselves. Your mileage may vary, of course. :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Did you got a refund for your overlays? It would be very funny if your answer is no and you still claim they are trustworthy :lol:

But again: This is not a point of view topic, they are just not trustworthy and its very advisable not to order anything from them. If you order anything dont wonder if you never get your stuff, or at least have to wait for month and of course never get any response for any question. Becuase thats their style to run their business, like a very unprofessional, very bad seller.

Everyone who hasnt experienced it by its own just read this topic and try to find the old overlay topic. MANY People NEVER got their stuff (even DZJay) and much more just got incomplete stuff and never the missing parts. Keith promised much and done nearly nothing, unfortunately. "Overwhelmed by the orders" doesnt excuse the sloppy way they work. If it takes a very long time its one thing, but if they are not even able to assemble complete sets its something completely different. If they are unable to communicate with unsatisfied customers its straight up inacceptable.

So sorry for beeing that arrogant, but if anyone says they are trustworthy, ists just not true. Everyone should beware of Intellivisionlives and safe money and nerves.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

Did you got a refund for your overlays? It would be very funny if your answer is no and you still claim they are trustworthy :lol:

But again: This is not a point of view topic, they are just not trustworthy and its very advisable not to order anything from them. If you order anything dont wonder if you never get your stuff, or at least have to wait for month and of course never get any response for any question. Becuase thats their style to run their business, like a very unprofessional, very bad seller.

No, I did not get one because I didn't ask for one. I don't see how that is funny or incongruous with being trustworthy. I'm sure that if I were to demand a refund I would get one, but I really do not care because it was just one set of overlays amidst the many other things I've ordered. I still do not ascribe it to malice or dishonesty. I guess I'm tolerant that way.

Like I said, your mileage may vary. Some, like you, may have a different opinion. However, you keep stating they are untrustworthy as a statement of fact, when many other people here have claimed otherwise. Perhaps you mean to say "unreliable"?

And to your last point, the fact that they contacted me directly multiple times in the midst of a turbulent chaos to attempt to correct my order, and the fact that I got all my many orders promptly -- except for the one single item -- suggests to me their professionalism.

Again, that's my own experience and it appears to be shared with others. Like with many other things, caveat emptor.

-dZ.

• Like 1

For me ,

Every time I purchased something from them I

Had no issues and very fast shipping.

Even when I purchased the Overlay set.

Just wanted to share my experience with them.

Considering all the negative experiences by some ,There are mostly positive as most people don't post good experiences.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I'll say that I've had a good experience with Intellivision Lives. I've received everything I've ever order from there. The overlays were significantly delayed, but I'm cutting slack for that since I've had to rebuild crashed computers. His crash is happened right during Black Friday weekend, which is the worst possible time for that to happen to a business.

Not only that, but I once asked him if the Shark Shark T-shirt came in black. At the time, it didn't. It only came in white with red highlights (a great look but not my personal style). I was ok with his answer. A few weeks later, he surprised me by having the Shark Shark T-shirt available in a variety of colors, including black. Talk about going the extra mile.

I've chatted with him a little bit on two occasions at conventions and I get the vibe that he is a sincere fan of the Intellivision just trying to run a business based off of something he loves. I don't get that vibe off of every business owner I've met (I met the Coleco Chameleon guy 2 years before the debacle, cough, cough).

• Like 1

Add my 2 cents worth.

Bought the adaptor cables for the flashback console on 12/29/2016.

Got order confirmation. Nothing for several weeks. Ended up emailing on 1/29/2017 and as luck would have it the very next day i got a delivery confirmation.

Three days later i had my adaptors.

I did get the product but it did seem like a long time to get any shipping info and it also seems like i had to nudge them to get them to ship.

thats my one and only experience with IntellivisionLives.

For the record, I supply the Flashback controller adapters IP sells. If anyone here ordered them in the past month or so, your order may have been delayed because I was waiting on parts to make more (not sure how many he had in stock from previous cables I made for him). Anyway, I finally caught up, and I'm actually delivering a batch of them to Keith today.

I can't really speak for the other items, but I will say that Keith told me he had a lot of problems with the company who made the overlay sets - missing and/or duplicate ones, defective ones, late shipments. This is the primary reason there hasn't been an additional run.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

The one experience I had with purchasing from Intellivision Productions, the INTV FB supplemental overlay set I bought in mid-2015, went fine. I had prompt responses from Keith, and he signed my set's accompanying description sheet as I requested.

If you live in the SoCal area, then this weekend is the SCRGE (SoCal Retro Gaming Expo) and Keith is noted as a special guest to be there, so maybe you can attend and then hit him up.

I have to say, I'm impressed that there's a convention whose name basically abbreviates to "scourge." Was Mike Kennedy there? :P Also, I hope no one who attended was so upset that they ignored the last word in your sentence.

onmode-ky

Guys

I ordered two Flashback controllers from the Intellivision Lives webstore last month and haven't received them or any shipping/tracking info. My bank statement says I was indeed charged for the order.

I emailed their "info@" address and got no response. Over a week later I emailed their personal addresses listed under Contact Us. All I wrote was what I wrote here describing the situation and asking for an update.

Anybody know, is this typical, or is there something going on with them right now?

It's typical. They're just.. awful. You should have contacted ATGames directly.

It's typical. They're just.. awful. You should have contacted ATGames directly.

AtGames has nothing to do with selling extra INTV controllers. This was something INTV lives did for the fans. I purchased INTV Lives, Rocks, FB overlays and controllers and had no issues. I would still use them again if something came along that I liked.

• 3 weeks later...

A huge advantage (some might say yuuuugggge) is using a credit card with fraud protection. This is what happens: after months of no resolution, you call the CC company and tell them you want a refund/chargeback. They then ask to use 3-way calling and call the merchant. Now, the CC co knows a run-around when they hear one. They will ask for a shipping number, tracking number, etc. Then they remind the merchant that the card issuer (Visa, MC) will take note and may delay payment to the company if such issues aren't resolved.

Find a good card you like with solid fraud protection. Use it online. For example I use my signature visa only for online purchases. I use my Discover for items that have a potential for theft, as Discover will replace stolen items for free if you have a police report.

My 2 cents.