IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List

Yes, I agree. I just didn't want to change too much up. I figured we were keeping the status' of the original ROMs in that column, and making notes of hacks in the far right column

That's been the way I've been approaching it as I make updates.

• Like 1

What I meant was when it states "Dpad not working" or such, it implies that it should in the original. And for those types, it's not the case. So far, every (unhacked) paddle controller game I've tried that is not in the AFB's list of included games does NOT work with the Dpad. Filed under "special handling". Obviously, keyboard/Driving/mouse-controlled or lightgun roms are a no-go, too. So keep it focused on the stick games.

• Like 1

Has anyone put together a new zip file, similar to the one in the first post, that includes all the hacked additions in the last couple months?

Yes, I did ........... I posted it in the other Atari forums.

http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2796-long-awaited-atari-flashback-portable-is-here/?p=28755

• Like 2

So far, every (unhacked) paddle controller game I've tried that is not in the AFB's list of included games does NOT work with the Dpad.

If it's true that only certain paddle games are whitelisted to work with the d-pad, then maybe we should make a list of them, because Warlords works and I don't see it in the default menu.

I tried the Masters of the Universe rom from this file but all that happened was a black screen some garbled sound.

Has anyone got the Snow White prototype to work?

I tried the Masters of the Universe rom from this file but all that happened was a black screen some garbled sound.

I thought it was fixed here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258970-atari-flashback-portable-compatibility-list/?p=3653305

I have removed it from my folder of games (for the next upload) and also updated the AFP Compatibility List too.

Has anyone got the Snow White prototype to work?

It looks to me that Snow White is somewhat playable (also its only 50% of a completed game too). The opening screen does have some glitches, which is not the actual title screen though.

If you hit the "S" button on the AFP the game starts at the correct title screen and plays from there.

I have a request for this list, can the standard ROMs that are listed as "unplayable" but have been updated to work, be listed differently, perhaps "modified to work" or something. This way it can be sorted by that column and separate the still bad ones from working ones easier.

• Like 1

I have a request for this list, can the standard ROMs that are listed as "unplayable" but have been updated to work, be listed differently, perhaps "modified to work" or something. This way it can be sorted by that column and separate the still bad ones from working ones easier.

Good idea! But I only have limited access to edit the spreadsheet. When I tried your idea, it says it's a protected cell and to contact the sheet owner.

Good idea! But I only have limited access to edit the spreadsheet. When I tried your idea, it says it's a protected cell and to contact the sheet owner.

It's me. Willie has rights to it as well, since I've kinda abandoned it. Ask for editing rights and I'll let you in. Screw it up and I'll kick you out! :-)

• Like 4

So I tried Halo 2600 from that file but it's glitchy to the point of unplayability. Too bad. Might want to just take it off the list.

So I tried Halo 2600 from that file but it's glitchy to the point of unplayability. Too bad. Might want to just take it off the list.

I left it in, since most people I tell about Halo 2600 have never seen it or heard of it and at least it is playable thru the first 3 rooms (up and down).

It's me. Willie has rights to it as well, since I've kinda abandoned it. Ask for editing rights and I'll let you in. Screw it up and I'll kick you out! :-)

I have editing rights but some of the cells are protected by owner. I can't find a request for rights on the Google page to send. Any ideas?

• Like 1

It looks to me that Snow White is somewhat playable (also its only 50% of a completed game too). The opening screen does have some glitches, which is not the actual title screen though.

If you hit the "S" button on the AFP the game starts at the correct title screen and plays from there.

Got it to work. Thanks. Part of my problem was not having it labeled correctly (did not capitalize the first letter of the file). This caused it not to appear on the SD card within the system.

• Like 1

This is a good suggestion, thank you. Arenafoot and I implemented the change.

Column C, "file name" isn't really important -- I set this up before we understood the necessary formatting for the SD reader.

Column E, "condition," now has "Modified to Work" as an option, and will come up as a blue label if selected. I suggest that a link to the modified ROM go in the Notes field so the non-standard ROM it can be located.

• Like 1

This is a good suggestion, thank you. Arenafoot and I implemented the change.

Column C, "file name" isn't really important -- I set this up before we understood the necessary formatting for the SD reader.

Column E, "condition," now has "Modified to Work" as an option, and will come up as a blue label if selected. I suggest that a link to the modified ROM go in the Notes field so the non-standard ROM it can be located.

Thank you for implementing this. I really didn't feel comfortable hacking up that nice list that obviously has a lot of work put in to it.

• Like 3

Top post is now a FAQ. Did I miss anything important or interesting?

Excellent FAQ's list Flojo! Alot of the same info I did over at the other forums: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2796-long-awaited-atari-flashback-portable-is-here/

The only change I see would be: the ROM file names end with .BIN or .bin both work.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1