Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ Compatibility List

753 replies to this topic

#751 5200Fanatic OFFLINE  

5200Fanatic

Chopper Commander

• 165 posts

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 AM

I would keep mine in a soft case so it doesn't happen in the first place.  :)

But seriously, not sure -- it's pretty soft plastic. I guess you could try the toothpaste trick. 

Toothpaste is kinda granular - maybe some plastic polish. 

#752 ColecoJoe OFFLINE  

ColecoJoe

Dragonstomper

• 621 posts

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 AM

Toothpaste is kinda granular - maybe some plastic polish. 

I use this stuff on my clear canopies when i'm building models. Works great, not sure about the plastic on the FB though but give it a try?

https://www.amazon.c... plastic polish

#753 PeterN OFFLINE  

PeterN

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Mon Mar 4, 2019 4:10 AM

I found that there are a great many scanned 2600 game manuals on the Internet Archive (www.archive.org). I searched for "atari 2600 manual". Some are good scans and some aren't. Downloading is free.

When you click on the items in the list (cover art), the information can be downloaded in a number of file formats (PDF, EPUB, KINDLE, etc.) so that it is easy to make a library of manuals for your preferred reader.

These made figuring out how to play the games a lot easier, at least for the original 2600 cartridge games, both the Atari originals as well as the third party ones (Activision, etc.). I printed the ones I was interested in on 4x6" paper then spiral bound them into a book so I could take it with me for reference while traveling.

#754 thetick1 ONLINE  

thetick1

Dragonstomper

• 792 posts

Posted Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:37 PM

Actually the firmware can be upgraded. We just have to wait for Atgames to make new firmware...

Hmm and how could you possibly know that ?  An SD slot that can read files does mean the OS image on the final device can boot off of SD card.  Reading files and booting an image need to be configured separately on the final burned OS image.  I suspect more likely ATgames did not use programmable memory for the final OS image as that would be cost a bit more.

Edited by thetick1, Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:38 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atari Flashback Portable, FAQ, Compatibility List

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users