IGNORED

Atari 800 to USB?

smovedividends

Greetings, I am trying to get started on a project to adapt existing Atari code into other games and applications. So far I have acquired code examples an Atari 800 computer, power supply and a couple basic cartridges. I am unsure of how I am to save my work. Up to this point I've explored an sio adapter cable but I think this will only allow me to save to a 5 in floppy. Can anyone please advise how I could maybe incorporate usb or any other modern technology for storage purposes? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

SD

Hi SD,

I think you'd end up being more productive if you sought first to cross-develop, e.g. use an environment such as WUDSN IDE. You don't mention what languages you intend to code in?

If you want to develop directly on the Atari 800 then for saving your work there are a number of options, search the 8-bit Atari forum for topics mentioning SIO2BT (bluetooth), SIO2SD (stand alone unit simulating Disk access to an SD cart), SIO2PC (serial or USB cable to PC). There other other options for IDE drives too.

Mark

PS. I'd suggest reposting in the Atari 5200 / 8-bit Programming forum.