2017 Flashback FAQ and Speculation Thread

609 replies to this topic

#601 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• 5,881 posts
  • Armchair Arcade Managing Director

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:22 PM

Just as an FYI... As many of you know - and has been public since June 2014 when it turned from informal, to formal - I've been a Business Advisor to AtGames as an Independent Consultant. Basically that meant that, on an occasional, part-time basis, I would provide various business and other support services. I will continue in that capacity, but as of yesterday, I will also be helping to lead their social media efforts for both the main AtGames business and their digital services efforts for at least the next several months (assuming all goes well, of course, and also on a part-time basis). I don't expect to become fully engaged in this until early December, but I thought it important to point that out now so there would be no misunderstanding going forward. As always, I will do my best to be as objective, informative, and transparent as possible.

#602 Hwlngmad OFFLINE  

Hwlngmad

Star Raider

• 98 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 PM

Just as an FYI... As many of you know - and has been public since June 2014 when it turned from informal, to formal - I've been a Business Advisor to AtGames as an Independent Consultant. Basically that meant that, on an occasional, part-time basis, I would provide various business and other support services. I will continue in that capacity, but as of yesterday, I will also be helping to lead their social media efforts for both the main AtGames business and their digital services efforts for at least the next several months (assuming all goes well, of course, and also on a part-time basis). I don't expect to become fully engaged in this until early December, but I thought it important to point that out now so there would be no misunderstanding going forward. As always, I will do my best to be as objective, informative, and transparent as possible.

Congratulations Bill.  I know that I speak for a lot of people when I say that we all wish you the best of luck.  We know that you have done a great job with AtGames.  We hope you can be even more successful and really help propel AtGames products (particularly the 'Flashback' line) into something truly remarkable.  Take care and good luck.

#603 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• Topic Starter
  • 10,340 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:16 PM

Good luck, Bill. You have always been truthful, fair, respectful, and well-spoken. They picked a good one. 

#604 Tanooki ONLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 2,955 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:10 PM

Very nice pick up on the job and nicer the transparency.

#605 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• 5,881 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:53 PM

Thanks, guys, I genuinely appreciate that. With that said, no congrats or acknowledgements are necessary. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea going forward since I tend to be outspoken and enjoy a good debate (and don't plan on changing that). 

#606 Tarzilla OFFLINE  

Tarzilla

Stargunner

• 1,905 posts
  • Huh?

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:31 PM

Thanks, guys, I genuinely appreciate that. With that said, no congrats or acknowledgements are necessary. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea going forward since I tend to be outspoken and enjoy a good debate (and don't plan on changing that). 

I hope you negotiated a per post pay rate for posts on AtariAge ;) You certainly earned it for all the responses you have made regarding ATGames products in this thread and others  :thumbsup:

#607 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• 5,881 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 AM

I hope you negotiated a per post pay rate for posts on AtariAge ;) You certainly earned it for all the responses you have made regarding ATGames products in this thread and others  :thumbsup:

I wish! But to be serious for a moment, some things I just do on my own time without thinking about being on a clock, as it were. I obviously have a day job and other work and non-work responsibilities outside of the AtGames stuff, and it all kind of blends together at times. Better not to sweat the small stuff, since it's more enjoyable for me that way.

#608 BitMerge6502 OFFLINE  

BitMerge6502

Space Invader

• 19 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:31 PM

Has anyone else confirmed yet whether Sonic 3 works on Genesis HD FB yet? I tested my cart on a few of the other OEM Genesis models I have, seems to work fine. 

Another strange anomaly is that I've had this "Rampart" cart that will no longer work on any genesis I have no matter how much I clean it. I had it sitting in a box for a few years waiting to replace the EPROM when I came across another Tengen cart for a donor. But I put it in the Genesis HD & It loaded 1st  time & after, with no problems?

#609 Bebop OFFLINE  

Bebop

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 PM

Okay the FBG and SGFB are Android. If we can get the AFP in that flavor with some more emulation capability (Like running ALL of Atari's classic systems.) You will really have a killer system. Atgames has now crossed the quality Rubicon, keep it up!

#610 Tanooki ONLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 2,955 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:07 PM

It appears there has been a tear down of the HD Sega hardware and inside the shell the board itself has an open micro USB port.  I guess it's me but that is starting to sound a little interesting like given how the mini NES/SNES get hakchi'd through that kind of business end of things.

G5Yjuuu.png

youtube.com/watch?v=sIAgzWNhIj4&feature=youtu.be

The hardware is a rockchip rk3036. Specs for that chip indicate a Dual-Core Cortex A7 "up to 1.26 GHz" (we don't know yet if it's actually clocked that fast or slower), a Mali-400MP GPU, and DDR3 RAM.  I would not be surprised if someone made a hack tool for this device as well given the hardware is pretty capable as long as there's easy access to it.  Imagine those who hate the menu putting their own in there and also cleaning up any emulation issues that still annoy while throwing all sorts of other systems at it.  It could be very interesting in a battle of the SNES and Genesis again as the most fun shell to use to run other stuff.

Edited by Tanooki, Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 PM.

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users