IGNORED

Please! Can we have one more Incognito run?

ACML

It's actually closer to four months since Candle has logged into AA. Life happens. He said he is recently a new dad. It's a fun time, enjoy your children, they grow up fast.

Ah I didn't realize that he just had a child. Well that explains things then. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today prototype boards arrived, so i was able to assemble them

unfortunatly it seems i've forgot about some parts ;(

here is side by side comparison of old and new incognito board

WOW! I think I would like 2 of these!!! THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS!

It's been five months since candle has logged onto AA. No longer holding breath. Currently in the process of selling my two beige 800 computers (and they are gorgeous). An Incognito II would have been the reason to keep them. I love the 800, but a stock 800 in 2017, there is a lot of software that won't run on them. Thirty-four years ago, it used to be the other way around. Decided I've accumulated too much hardware and its time to thin the heard some. Once I've sold the two 800's, that should insure that the Incognito II will be coming soon. I've got my 1200XLs and that works for me.

My offer to port the alt BIOS to the new hardware having received a rather surly rejection, I reluctantly agreed to write the PBI SPI driver but the last email I sent including sample code and technical queries has gone unacknowledged for six months. Done nothing since in case I'm wasting my time.

• Like 5

My offer to port the alt BIOS to the new hardware having received a rather surly rejection, I reluctantly agreed to write the PBI SPI driver but the last email I sent including sample code and technical queries has gone unacknowledged for six months. Done nothing since in case I'm wasting my time.

Have you received a beta / test unit of Incog.II?

My gut tells me HW may not yet be ready... most likely due to family priorities in Candle's household...

BTW: your Incognito / Utltimate ALT BIOS suite is the *BEST* thing that ever happened to such HW upgrades, and our supporting community. Can hardly think running these upgrades in any other way. Cheers!

• Like 8

Hmm. That's discouraging.

Your BIOS takes the potential of the U1MB + SIDE2 combination and makes it so much more EVERYTHING - capable, easy to understand, easy to use. I can't understand why Candle isn't interested in leveraging that goodwill for his next project?

• Like 4

I really hope this comes out so I can bring out the 800 as my daily driver. :)

I want to do that as well, though I REALLY wish some millionaire Atari enthusiast would fund replacement keyboard mechanisms - or at least new plungers! - for those cracked, yellow Stackpole keyboard components. Of course, all three of my 800's have the same keyboard mechs and the same issue to some degree or another.

I want to do that as well, though I REALLY wish some millionaire Atari enthusiast would fund replacement keyboard mechanisms - or at least new plungers! - for those cracked, yellow Stackpole keyboard components. Of course, all three of my 800's have the same keyboard mechs and the same issue to some degree or another.

If this is about what we'd REALLY wish for....

FOURTEEN

FIFTY

EX

EL

DEE.

But that said, I'm looking forward to the Incognito 2. I don't have an 800 yet, but if I can get my hands on an incog 2 I'll be getting one (hopefully) to go with my Happy 810's.

Which should round out pretty much what I want from my A8 collection (never really wanted any of the 400/600xl/65xe "lower end" systems).

• Like 2

I bought a new keyboard last year from Best and so far havn't had any problems with it. I'm hoping it's long sealed hibernation slowed the aging process of those plungers.

• Like 2

Getting back on topic...

The problem I see is that without FJC's BIOS development, the Incognito II won't be anything like what people have gotten used to from a usability standpoint in the earlier version using FJC's BIOS. And if it's shipped with something similar to what originally came with the U1MB, it'll sadly be lacking in features, and require an entirely different mindset when moving between different BIOS's. Of course there is nothing stopping 3rd party development after the fact, and hopefully that is what we'll see happen. Although that would go much faster if Candle would embrace this.

- Michael

Edited by mytekcontrols
  • Like 8