IGNORED

Is the Jaguar as bad as everyone thinks?

totallyterrificpants

So... Did the O/P buy the Jaguar?

No, he was a secret plant for the Sega Forums, trying to discredit the Jaguar and bring additional fame and adoration to the Sega Saturn.

Hah, honestly... I really like the Sega Saturn. I think I like the Saturn more than the Dreamcast, which I also have. There's just something about the Saturn.

No, he was a secret plant for the Sega Forums, trying to discredit the Jaguar and bring additional fame and adoration to the Sega Saturn.

Hah, honestly... I really like the Sega Saturn. I think I like the Saturn more than the Dreamcast, which I also have. There's just something about the Saturn.

Saturn had Grid Runner and was worth it, complete blast to play - at least, back then. I don't think it dated so well when I played it back in 2004 and can't imagine it's any smoother these days lol

Saturn had Grid Runner and was worth it, complete blast to play - at least, back then. I don't think it dated so well when I played it back in 2004 and can't imagine it's any smoother these days lol

I don't think I have that, I'll have to check it out.

My favorite game on the Saturn is some game where robots fight... kind of like a Mortal Kombat style game, but it's really a lot of fun. The name always escapes me though.

I don't think I have that, I'll have to check it out.

My favorite game on the Saturn is some game where robots fight... kind of like a Mortal Kombat style game, but it's really a lot of fun. The name always escapes me though.

Virtual On? That game is awesome and if you have a netlink you can play it online.

Virtual On? That game is awesome and if you have a netlink you can play it online.

I'm going to have to check, it might have been. It's been at least a year since I've played it... but that might be the one.

Ok, just looked it up on the YouTubes... it's not Virtual-On, although... that game looks AWESOME. Now I have to buy it, thanks for spending my money! :( haha...

I'll pull out the games and figure out what game it is, and then post again later. It was an awesome game.

Zero Divide?

Damn, that game looks awesome too. No, I finally got it out. "Rise 2 - Resurrection."

It doesn't look that awesome from the video, but it's a LOT of fun. It's a 2d fighter a side scroller, but what makes it interesting are the actual robots which fight. I used a forklift to basically kick the crap out of everyone else. Haha...

...but now I see two other games I have to get. :(

These Sega Saturn cases remind me of the old IBM PSjr software cases... hah.

Edited by 82-T/A

Rise 2 blows. Well.. To be fair, at least it's better than the original.

On a side note, those games mentioned are on the PS1 as well, so it's not like you really need a Saturn to play them (Zero Divide, Rise 2, Grid Runner, etc).

I interviewed with Acclaim back in the mid-90s when they were working on Rise 2. They were excited about its development after the success of the first game (pretty pictures sold well I guess). I asked if they fixed the gameplay issues from the first game and the person who was showing me around was pretty emphatic that they did. Obviously, they didn't, but then that's the story of Acclaim, who published a lot of misses to go with a handful of hits.

I interviewed with Acclaim back in the mid-90s when they were working on Rise 2. They were excited about its development after the success of the first game (pretty pictures sold well I guess). I asked if they fixed the gameplay issues from the first game and the person who was showing me around was pretty emphatic that they did. Obviously, they didn't, but then that's the story of Acclaim, who published a lot of misses to go with a handful of hits.

Yeah, I'm not one to rail on Acclaim too much because despite the misses, they had quite a few hits too. That said, when they missed, they had a tendency of missing hard. Rise 2 is one of those instances, unfortunately. It had potential, and while the game was no doubt an improvement over the first (mainly due to a wider character selection, more moves, etc), the gameplay was still extremely stiff and unresponsive.