IGNORED

Super Pro Boxing and SP Hockey 2

intvdave

You removed the part where I said "I would prefer wait for street hockey to release.". I was not aware that this game might get made. People in this forum have proven to be very productive. Street Hockey will get made.

To directly answer your question. I update games for me to enjoy. If everyone wants to see Street Hockey, then there is no need for me to make my updates available. It does not mean I will not enjoy it which is the primary reason I hack games.

Understand that Street Hockey will be much better and more desirable than the updates I would release. It is stupid for me to release something that will get overshadowed quickly. Every game I update is just a hack. And my hacks do not even come close to what everyone wants. I am going to leave this in the hands of people that really know what they are doing.

For the record, I will never release any kind of hockey game (although pong had a hockey mode :P )

I *think* they wanted YOU to make street hockey! :D Ill go back and read how this street hockey even infested this thread. It only takes 5 seconds here for a thread to go off topic. I think I even seen some a-hole posting shark game box art. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

For the record, I will never release any kind of hockey game (although pong had a hockey mode :P )

I *think* they wanted YOU to make street hockey! :D Ill go back and read how this street hockey even infested this thread. It only takes 5 seconds here for a thread to go off topic. I think I even seen some a-hole posting shark game box art. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I will not make Street Hockey. I leave that up to the real programmers in this forum.

Rev, you kind of hit the nail on the head with your comment. This thread was about Super Pro Hockey and Boxing. It is not that this thread went off topic regarding hockey. People are just interested in Street Hockey instead of an update to Super Pro Hockey. If I was a better programmer, I would have made it instead of hacking SP Hockey. I completely understand people wanting other games.

Now that the hockey discussion is over with, hopefully, is there more interest in an alternative to boxing? Wrestling has already been made so I do not see that as being the alternative. I just want to gauge if I should post anything in this thread on Boxing or just keep it to myself.

Here is the starting point. MCrew! :P :P

Oops posted without me even commenting.

That wasn't ment to derail thread. It was ment for my excitement to the release.

But like anything here it went off coarse after that.

:)

Edited by m-crew

I will not make Street Hockey. I leave that up to the real programmers in this forum.

Rev, you kind of hit the nail on the head with your comment. This thread was about Super Pro Hockey and Boxing. It is not that this thread went off topic regarding hockey. People are just interested in Street Hockey instead of an update to Super Pro Hockey. If I was a better programmer, I would have made it instead of hacking SP Hockey. I completely understand people wanting other games.

Now that the hockey discussion is over with, hopefully, is there more interest in an alternative to boxing? Wrestling has already been made so I do not see that as being the alternative. I just want to gauge if I should post anything in this thread on Boxing or just keep it to myself.

What is the current list of proposed changes/upgrades to boxing again? (im too lazy to go back and read)

Here is some I can think of, dont know feasibility of them:

• add more boxer color to choose from. black, light tan, very light yellow, pink)
  • can more detail be added to boxers? like different colored shorts? or gloves? (i dont know hardware limits on this)
  • able to change rounds (too unrealistic????)
  • 1 player vs computer
  • added punching moves? (jab) punch faster?
  • have characters with set abilities to choose from? the current 'choose men' system expanded???
  • or...instead of choosing a 'color' for your character, choose cool names like in body slam. "bruiser" "rocky" etc
  • able to choose your boxers abilities via menu system?
  • after match is over, a sexy girl holding a 'winner' sign? haha

Super Pro Street Hockey players would move different than regular hockey. They would move like they had shoes or they had roller blades so either way there would be less skidding. Also, there would be no penalty box. If there was any high-sticking, a mom would come out and yell at all the kids (insert Q-bert sounds here).

You can stop and change direction much quicker on ice skates than running sports. Since in the Intellivision 'running' sports you can change direction instantaneously, (ice) hockey should be the same. One difference with Intellivision (ice) hockey would be when the disk is released the player should continue gliding.

Edited by mr_me

You removed the part where I said "I would prefer wait for street hockey to release.". I was not aware that this game might get made. People in this forum have proven to be very productive. Street Hockey will get made.

To directly answer your question. I update games for me to enjoy. If everyone wants to see Street Hockey, then there is no need for me to make my updates available. It does not mean I will not enjoy it which is the primary reason I hack games.

Understand that Street Hockey will be much better and more desirable than the updates I would release. It is stupid for me to release something that will get overshadowed quickly. Every game I update is just a hack. And my hacks do not even come close to what everyone wants. I am going to leave this in the hands of people that really know what they are doing.

Fair enough but for the people that really want the update for slap shot, I think you would be making that fan base very happy too. For the record, Slap Shot has needed updated for a while. I am a hockey fan and the idea of a street hockey game just degrades the game and would make it less fun to play IMO. besides, I would think it would be long enough between releases that it wouldn't overshadow the hack. Please reconsider releasing this. Thanks Dave!

People are just interested in Street Hockey instead of an update to Super Pro Hockey.

I don't think this is true at all. Sounds to me like it was more of a joke. A simple poll will tell you that your hack would be a welcome addition to the Intellivision community!

• Like 1

What is the current list of proposed changes/upgrades to boxing again? (im too lazy to go back and read)

Here is some I can think of, dont know feasibility of them:

• add more boxer color to choose from. black, light tan, very light yellow, pink)
  • can more detail be added to boxers? like different colored shorts? or gloves? (i dont know hardware limits on this)
  • able to change rounds (too unrealistic????)
  • 1 player vs computer
  • added punching moves? (jab) punch faster?
  • have characters with set abilities to choose from? the current 'choose men' system expanded???
  • or...instead of choosing a 'color' for your character, choose cool names like in body slam. "bruiser" "rocky" etc
  • able to choose your boxers abilities via menu system?
  • after match is over, a sexy girl holding a 'winner' sign? haha

Make the boxers look like actual boxers.

Edited by Eric7100

People are just interested in Street Hockey instead of an update to Super Pro Hockey.

I'm certain this is not the case at all. No other title in the sports network needed a Super Pro update more than hockey as the one we got wasn't up to snuff. You've made some great sounding changes and those of us that enjoy playing hockey are very excited to play it, if I may speak for hockey fans all around. :) I hope you'll release it, as I suspect many would be disappointed if you didn't.

• Like 5

I'm certain this is not the case at all. No other title in the sports network needed a Super Pro update more than hockey as the one we got wasn't up to snuff. You've made some great sounding changes and those of us that enjoy playing hockey are very excited to play it, if I may speak for hockey fans all around. :) I hope you'll release it, as I suspect many would be disappointed if you didn't.

That's spot on Cmart. Now you are just preaching to the choir, but it needs to be said. Maybe you could mention this on the next Intellivisionaries (assuming they let you back on)! ;-) We need to "rally the troops!"

Seriously though, when I heard Slap Shot was being tweaked for a new release, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Please release this game to the Intellivision community Dave. Pay no attention to those strange people asking for street hockey. Nothing to see here. Move along! :-D

I'm definitely interested in the release, Dave. It's my favorite sports game on the system, and your updates sound fantastic, that's why I'm eagerly following this thread.

A street hockey game would be interesting, but that doesn't mean I don't want your updated SP Hockey. Please reconsider the release. A ROM is fine. PayPal payment ready to go...

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 1

I don't give a crap about street hockey. I just want to see Slap Shot work correctly and Dave is our best bet to bring out all of what it should have been originally. There is no need to go so far as to make it a wholly different like that. His current list of modifications/upgrades/repairs is perfect as it is.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for Hockey and Boxing updates! Pure and simple.

We have lots of threads for what we want to see made. Too many people with ADD play Intellivision. Myself included.

• 1 year later...

Hi Carl! It is great to see you interested in working on more games.

Hockey is nearing completion. I want to believe we are now in the final testing phase. I am ready to move on to boxing.

I will contact you directly.

Dave, I was just wondering if there is any progress made on Super Pro Boxing, or whatever title it may have. It's one of the very few games which still need the "one player" treatment just like Sea Battle :)

Edited by intellivotion