Parallax Starfield - demo released

assembler cartridge

31 replies to this topic

#26 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• 10,491 posts

Posted Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:26 AM

You're looking out into space from your little spaceship. Turn the ship in any direction using your joystick controller.

Stars move in 5 planes. 4 planes of stacked hardware sprites and 1 plane of software sprites. The planes has 6, 7, 9, 10 and 16 stars.

Oh yeah!  That is so cool.  I see a l :-ot of potential there for a new type of space based video game.

#27 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,166 posts

Posted Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:15 PM

Nice demo. I will have to make myself a physical cartridge of this one for my personal collection. . .if you have a preferred label for it, let me know.  I like your label designs almost as much as I like your software. :)

Edited by Ksarul, Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:17 PM.

#28 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,925 posts

Posted Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:28 PM

Oh yeah!  That is so cool.  I see a l :-ot of potential there for a new type of space based video game.

Thanks. :)

Yes, I did actually make a backstory, with you floating around in space, low on fuel and only one shot at hyperspace. Even got more than one idea for jump to lightspeed. ;)

#29 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,925 posts

Posted Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:40 PM

Nice demo. I will have to make myself a physical cartridge of this one for my personal collection. . .if you have a preferred label for it, let me know.  I like your label designs almost as much as I like your software. :)

Okay, hope you like it even though it's minimalistic. ;)

label.parallax.jpg

Attached Files

#30 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,166 posts

Posted Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:17 PM

That's perfect! It fits perfectly within the design style you've established for your cartridges.  :)

#31 ralphb OFFLINE  

ralphb

Dragonstomper

• 512 posts

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:33 AM

Great effect!  How about adding flying into the screen?  (Brings back horrible memories of Windows ... :P )

#32 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,925 posts

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:08 AM

Great effect!  How about adding flying into the screen?  (Brings back horrible memories of Windows ... :P )

Yep, I'll do one. - Back in the early eighties, I did do a flying through an asteroid belt with that 3D effect with vanishing point / one-point perspective. It was done with Mini Memory. Asteroids started out in the center, and grew in size and speed. Very nice effect. Fixed timing between new sprites fired from the center alternating between up and down motion with relatively steep / vertical angles (to avoid more than 4 sprites per horizontal line).

;)

Edited by sometimes99er, Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:09 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: assembler, cartridge

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users