IGNORED

CF2k v 2.4

Shift838

I have the latest copy of Freds CF2k from his site and it shows on the main screen when it loads:

CF2k v2.4 03-0502015 (CF7+)

does the CF7+ mean it's only for the CF7 and not the Nano?

If I press any key I get a

FATAL: DSR error 6

Edited by Shift838

hmmm shortcuts on the startscreen ? on the screen you get when you power on the TI ?

Or do you mean the menue from the CF2K ?

If so, maybe something with filling the CF-card has gone wrong.....

Did you use DSK2CF to convert the DSK-files?

Maybe check the CF-card/volumes on the PC with TI99DIR....

aaaaah OK. Understand. I did not check the CF2K (BIN) with the FR99 yet.

Maybe just copy the CF2K.DSK with the DSK2CF-Util to the CF-card,

then plug it into the NanoPEB, mount it via TI-Basic CALL MOUNT(1,1)

and the use the E/A-Option to start it (with the E/A-cart, not the FR99)

this as a first step to see if your NanoPEB is OK ;)

Is it a new NanoPEB or did it work before ? :-D

I, too, have a V1 nanoPEB and it works fine with CF2K loaded from a disk image on the CF card with E/A option #5.

...lee

i copied the ea5 files via CFHdxS over to a mounted disk volume and when I run it I just get a bunch of random characters appearing and disappearing ont he screen then the screen goes blank (dark blue).

that's it.

Try the attached image, which I created in TI99Dir as a blank 1600-sector DSK image and copied the files from the 720-sector DSK image in Fred's ZIP file. It works for my V1 nanoPEB.

attachicon.gifCF2K_V24.dsk

...lee

Same issue.

I'll contact Jamie.

it works fine on my Nano V2.

the CfHdxS utility works fine. So the TI99HDX server sees the DSR.

• Like 1

Same issue.

I'll contact Jamie.

it works fine on my Nano V2.

the CfHdxS utility works fine. So the TI99HDX server sees the DSR.

Have you tried copying my CF2K_V24.dsk to the CF with TI99Dir to isolate the problem to the HDX transfer? I could not tell from your response whether you tried that and still had a problem.

...lee

Have you tried copying my CF2K_V24.dsk to the CF with TI99Dir to isolate the problem to the HDX transfer? I could not tell from your response whether you tried that and still had a problem.

...lee

Yes. I used your disk image and transferred it to a new volume #5. And mounted it as dsk3. Works with no issue on my version 2.

What's odd is the DSR is recognized via CfHdxS.

Hopefully I will hear something from Jamie soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect Jaime changed the address of one of the routines slightly, which would cause the program to fail spectacularly if it depended on that address (which it apparently does). As Jaime did a lot of work to improve other aspects of this release, it doesn't surprise me that he did some work here as well. You might want to take a look at a hex dump of his earlier DSR software and do a byte comparison to what he provides now--that will let you hone in on the change pretty quickly. . .

I have the latest copy of Freds CF2k from his site and it shows on the main screen when it loads:

CF2k v2.4 03-0502015 (CF7+)

does the CF7+ mean it's only for the CF7 and not the Nano?

If I press any key I get a

FATAL: DSR error 6

The “(CF7+)” means that CF2K thinks it is a CF7+—it says “(nanoPEB)” for me. Fred told me that CF2K checks the DSR for SIO for nanoPEB v1, COM1 for nanoPEB v2 and PIO for CF7+. I do not know the order of the checks, but the reason for them, other than being able to post which it is in “()”, is to determine the IDE I/O ports in DSR space for talking directly to the IDE interface because, unfortunately, they are different between the nanoPEB and the CF7+. If CF2K thinks it is dealing with a CF7+ and it is not, it will set the IDE I/O ports wrong. I need to check with Fred again.

...lee

• Like 1

I have not yet contacted Fred, but I am thinking that CF2K's check for which device is present is by looking for SIO, then COM1 and failing finding either of those, CF2K concludes the device is a CF7+.

Jaime, on his webpage, only mentions the RS232 serial device for the nanoPEB v1. My nanoPEB v1 can use all three names for the serial device's port #1 that the TI RS232 card used, viz., SIO, RS232 and RS232/1. If my hunch is correct, the new nanoPEB v1 will fail to open either SIO or RS232/1. I would like to know the results of your attempts to open the serial device by all three of its possible names. You can do this in TI Basic or Extended Basic. Open with each device name and, if successful, close it before going on to the next one. Failure will result in “I/O ERROR 00”:

OPEN #1: "SIO."

CLOSE #1 <---if the OPEN succeeded

OPEN #1: "RS232."

OPEN #1: "RS232/1."

Please let us know what happens.

...lee

I have not yet contacted Fred, but I am thinking that CF2K's check for which device is present is by looking for SIO, then COM1 and failing finding either of those, CF2K concludes the device is a CF7+.

Jaime, on his webpage, only mentions the RS232 serial device for the nanoPEB v1. My nanoPEB v1 can use all three names for the serial device's port #1 that the TI RS232 card used, viz., SIO, RS232 and RS232/1. If my hunch is correct, the new nanoPEB v1 will fail to open either SIO or RS232/1. I would like to know the results of your attempts to open the serial device by all three of its possible names. You can do this in TI Basic or Extended Basic. Open with each device name and, if successful, close it before going on to the next one. Failure will result in “I/O ERROR 00”:

OPEN #1: "SIO."

OPEN #1: "RS232."

OPEN #1: "RS232/1."

Please let us know what happens.

...lee

I get a fail for OPEN #1:"SIO" with the error of "I/O ERROR 00"

Opening with RS232. or RS232/1. works with no errors.