IGNORED

The Atari Jaguar 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway

Clint Thompson

Absolutely! but wait, which part? The actual conversion or hooking it up with Gaz? =D

Seriously, thanks! All the contributions have helped make this whole thing blow up far beyond what I had anticipated in giving away.

:thumbsup:

Lets do it again next year, this was FUN!

• Like 9

Don't I even get a "thank you" for Xenon ? :P

I know some people think I can't read, but Driving Crazy is a lot of fun!

Good luck, everyone!

Thanks Cyrano, for Xenon ;) and for the kind words on Driving Crazy. I'm also sending the winner a fridge magnet and a book mark, cuz why not?

I've entered every day but this one (figured it would seem bad if I happened to win). It's been a lot of fun, and extremely cool how much excellent and rare stuff has been given away! I wanted... y'know, all of it, but ya don't always get what ya want.

Cheers,

Smeg

Yes - it was a great contest and I think got entries from a lot of Jaguar fans who are otherwise lurkers.

The collection of items donated was extremely impressive - I think the donaters should be congratulated on their generosity.

"Would like to officially announce the winner for the Day 12 Atari Jaguar Christmas Giveaway!
Mark S. from CA, U.S. for Xenon II from Gaztee+Jaguar Art from William Thorup+Bonus Stocking Stuffers!
Congratulations Mark! Will be in contact via e-mail to obtain details and send out your Jaguar gifts. Happy New Year!"

post-985-0-52780300-1483923662_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Massive thanks to everyone who contributed and donated gifts, which far exceeded original plans in items to give away but ultimately made it a truly amazing event in the end!

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone but in no particular order:

Carl Forhan from www.Songbird-Productions.com for donating Protector Resurgence CD and JagAds!

Albert Yarusso and Lawrence Staveley from www.AtariAge.com / Reboot.Atari.org for donating the ST Port Carts and RebootEROIDS!

Matthias Domin from www.mdgames.de for donating Impulse X for the Jaguar CD!

Nick Persijn for from https://www.facebook.com/RotaryControllers/ for donating his awesome Rotary Controller and helping with the carts!

Frank Traut for donating his sealed copy of Checkered Flag and Skiing and Snowboarding!

Gaztee for donating a copy of Xenon II ST Port!

William Thorup from JagCorner / www.WilliamThorup.com for his incredible Jaguar drawings!

Justin from www.Atari.IO for helping with the TV graphics for some of the gift days!

Randy Pearson from www.RandyPearson.org for donating a digital copy of his arcade book Driving Crazy!

post-985-0-41244100-1483988095_thumb.jpg

Also, thanks to everyone who entered to win and congratulations to all the winners! Without everyone involved above, the amazing amount of gifts wouldn't have been possible. Support these guys, they're awesome! Would like to hear feedback from everyone who entered as to what they thought overall, what they would've liked to see done differently, etc. and once everyone receives their gifts, please post pictures! =D

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 10

Thanks for sharing Clint. Just checked it out. As with the TRF ROM I realise how much I was drooling over screenshots back in the day and imagination going wild. For example I thought you could drive through the city, not realizing it was just the background graphics. ;-) Ah well, in any case interesting to see where the game started.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Clint :)

Other than the wheels/steering not springing back, for me it controls much better, and the framerate is comparatively phenomenal compared to the slideshow that the release version ended up having :( Such potential for a good arcade racer wasted.

I appreciated the contest too :) I tried to enter every day, but somehow missed two. One was definitely my fault for forgetting, but I can't work out how I missed the other one...maybe I slept too long after NYE festivities ;)

So, given the other question worked for CF, is there any change of a release of the 2600 emulator ROM?
(I'd love the soundtracks too, but I figure I've been following the story of the emulator for almost 20 years, I'm so keen to see / play it)

• Like 1

Any chance someone can post a video of the Checkered Flag Alpha in action? Thanks.

You asked for it and so here you go because emulators and stuff. No but seriously if you want to run it with Virtual Jaguar or Project Tempest you will need to run this one through jiffi first. That's what I did now it runs on both emulators.

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones
  • Like 2

It ran perfectly fine as is with Virtual Jag on the Mac. Do you have the latest version of VJ? With your comments about a bunch of games not working, I wonder if you need to update.

Yep. I have the latest build. Got a red screen on the version Clint posted with both emus. then ran I it through jiffi and it runs perfectly now on both VJ and PT. I don't really know what the deal is ????

You asked for it and so here you go because emulators and stuff. No but seriously if you want to run it with Virtual Jaguar or Project Tempest you will need to run this one through jiffi first. That's what I did now it runs on both emulators.

Thanks Jeff. I appreciate it.

So, given the other question worked for CF, is there any change of a release of the 2600 emulator ROM?

Disclaimer: This is currently owned by Songbird Productions and is posted with permission for personal use/enjoyment only (Thanks Carl!), so with that said -- please respect the ownership of this title and do not resale/distribute for profit. I don't think it works with any emulators, so you'll need a flash cart/skunk.

vvcs.rom

• Like 9

Disclaimer: This is currently owned by Songbird Productions and is posted with permission for personal use/enjoyment only (Thanks Carl!), so with that said -- please respect the ownership of this title and do not resale/distribute for profit. I don't think it works with any emulators, so you'll need a flash cart/skunk.

attachicon.gifvvcs.rom

Awesome. = ) Now if only I had a skunk.. or could pay Songbird for a cart version. = D

• Like 1

attachicon.gifvvcs.rom

It will probably be on Ebay soon, Unfortunately. Carl is too nice but appreciated.

Edited by Umberto