IGNORED

Help with Altirra 2.71 and pop up box of "Select CARTRIDGE Mapper

Propdept

I got Alitirra working and the rom bios set up. My roms are for the Atari 5200.

I go to File, Boot Image, (I select a Rom). And the next thing that pops up is SELECT CARTRIDGE MAPPER.

Is there a way to disable this function? Is there a way to set it and forget it? Is there a way to prevent this from constantly coming up?

The reason why I ask is because I am building a game cabinet and I am using rocket launcher to help launch the games in hyper spin. I cannot have that grey pop-up box popping up behind the scenes as it will not allow rocket launcher to load the game.

I got Alitirra working and the rom bios set up. My roms are for the Atari 5200.

I go to File, Boot Image, (I select a Rom). And the next thing that pops up is SELECT CARTRIDGE MAPPER.

Is there a way to disable this function? Is there a way to set it and forget it? Is there a way to prevent this from constantly coming up?

The reason why I ask is because I am building a game cabinet and I am using rocket launcher to help launch the games in hyper spin. I cannot have that grey pop-up box popping up behind the scenes as it will not allow rocket launcher to load the game.

The Altirra dialog box pops up because the 5200 ROM files you're using don't have headers (which is normally a good thing for ROM archival, of course). To be able to skip the Altirra dialog box in the future, set-it-and-forget-it style:

1) Boot a ROM image in Altirra

2) Manually select the correct cartridge mapper in the pop-up dialog box

3) Once the ROM is running, use: "File" menu / "Save Firmware" / "Save Cartridge"

4) Save the cartridge image with header as a new file

Loading the saved cartridge image file in the future will skip the mapper dialog box. You can also check out this thread for a link to a helpful "Atari ROM maker" Java tool that creates the needed cartridge files with headers via drag-and-drop batch process. Much easier than going through this process for every ROM you have.

Just FYI, the current version of Altirra is 2.81. Good luck with the build!