midi interface for Ti994A

9 replies to this topic

#1 Astharot OFFLINE  

Astharot

Star Raider

• 75 posts
  • Married

Posted Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:08 AM

Hello every one, reading old post i found an article for use a midi interface with Ti994A. Looking the program seem project for only midi out..(from ti to music expander at example). I like look that Bruce Harrison had create or upgrade 2 midi program. One is midi master99 that i found here on atari age. Other program that i search is midi play-in, that i found in old meeting video. The interface i no found info, then i try at build an rs232 to midi that have all midi in,out,and trust. For test i need the program that interface a ti with music keyboard . How i built a prototipe i show here with electronic scheme. Thanks at all for help can give me. Ermanno

#2 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

Stargunner

• 1,971 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:10 AM

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

http://atariage.com/...to-the-ti-994a/

#3 Astharot OFFLINE  

Astharot

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • Married

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:26 AM

Thanks Sinphaltimus,

i start my project reading the post that you link up.

Reading the post i found the name of program good for use a midi interface. Midi master99 that disk is present in post and "Midi Play in" created from Bruce Harrison that no found.. Midi master is good for connect ti99 at expander midi, midi play in for connect a music keyborad to ti99. The interface is no only connect 3 wires.. and looking standard midi pin the scheme in post i do no believe is correct.. missed more signal.. sure from rs232 you no use pin1 but pin 2-3 and 7. They are tx,rx and gnd. After is better translate rs232 signal in ttl and after send to midi machine.. keyboard,expander etc.. 

An old project of midi interface maybe i found, just need built and adapted for ti99. But for test if this midi interface is good i need the input midi program. However first i built prototipe, show electric scheme, try at use how midi out using midi master99 and after try midi in.. 

#4 Lee Stewart OFFLINE  

Lee Stewart

River Patroller

• 3,391 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:26 AM

Thanks Sinphaltimus,

i start my project reading the post that you link up.

Reading the post i found the name of program good for use a midi interface. Midi master99 that disk is present in post and "Midi Play in" created from Bruce Harrison that no found.. Midi master is good for connect ti99 at expander midi, midi play in for connect a music keyborad to ti99. The interface is no only connect 3 wires.. and looking standard midi pin the scheme in post i do no believe is correct.. missed more signal.. sure from rs232 you no use pin1 but pin 2-3 and 7. They are tx,rx and gnd. After is better translate rs232 signal in ttl and after send to midi machine.. keyboard,expander etc.. 

An old project of midi interface maybe i found, just need built and adapted for ti99. But for test if this midi interface is good i need the input midi program. However first i built prototipe, show electric scheme, try at use how midi out using midi master99 and after try midi in.. 

MIDI Master99 only handles MIDI Out.  That is why pin 2 is not connected on the TI-99/4A’s RS232 port.

...lee

#5 Swim OFFLINE  

Swim

Star Raider

• 67 posts

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:41 AM

The latest midi master 99 files including play in can be found on the Hidden Reef BBS 1-718-448-9402. My wife and I were the testers for Bruce on the Midi Master 99 project. I also have the source code but that would take a bit to dig out and I don't have time right now but eventually I plan to add it to the Hidden Reef BBS downloads. Bruce did some amazing work with these programs and created some nice tools that made it much easier to publish music. Unfortunately, Bruce passed on before he was finished with Play-in but it works fine for all but the most virtuoso serious music. In addition the SAMS card allows very large symphony pieces to be played on the TI. The cable I use is the latest design from Mike Maksimik that cured a "ground loop" problem when using Yamaha midi keyboards. I will try to add the picture of the cable pin outs here when time allows me to dig it out of one of the piles around here.

#6 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,565 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:06 PM

The latest midi master 99 files including play in can be found on the Hidden Reef BBS 1-718-448-9402. My wife and I were the testers for Bruce on the Midi Master 99 project. I also have the source code but that would take a bit to dig out and I don't have time right now but eventually I plan to add it to the Hidden Reef BBS downloads. Bruce did some amazing work with these programs and created some nice tools that made it much easier to publish music. Unfortunately, Bruce passed on before he was finished with Play-in but it works fine for all but the most virtuoso serious music. In addition the SAMS card allows very large symphony pieces to be played on the TI. The cable I use is the latest design from Mike Maksimik that cured a "ground loop" problem when using Yamaha midi keyboards. I will try to add the picture of the cable pin outs here when time allows me to dig it out of one of the piles around here.

Richard,

Would love to see the cable info.. I only have the ones that Tony posted earlier which seem simple 

Greg

#7 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,565 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:31 PM

Btw I found Tim's diagram in the other thread

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

#8 Swim OFFLINE  

Swim

Star Raider

• 67 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:32 PM

Will try to get it here. I think I have a DV80 file that shows the cable on the BBS. It may be in with the latest midi master 99 ARC file.

#9 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,565 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:38 PM

Will try to get it here. I think I have a DV80 file that shows the cable on the BBS. It may be in with the latest midi master 99 ARC file.

I will check the arc

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

#10 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

Stargunner

• 1,731 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:54 PM

I was in the process of testing the midi-in connection for the nanopeb cable.  Now that I think of it, I am not sure where that even disappeared to or what I did with the modified input program. All sort of a blank to me at the moment...  I'll have to poke around the boxes for anything that looks familiar.  ;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users