IGNORED

Recommended US-based Amiga repair?

Laner

I've got an A600 with a wonky audio channel. I took a look at the caps and they all appear intact, but beyond that I have no idea what might be wrong. I see that Amigakit offers a repair service, but that would mean shipping it overseas.

There's also a guy (Chicago-based) on ebay with a 100% rating who provides these services, but after the whole Swampfox debacle I'm hesitant to ship my stuff to someone I don't know from Adam*.

Any recommendations? TIA**.

--

*The biblical figure, not the Coleco home computer.

** Thanks In Advance, not the 2600 component.

(Sometimes I think I'm in too deep...)

Edited by Laner

Not that it helps you, but I think if you find anyone in your local area confident in doing surface mount soldering work, they would be able to order the required caps and do the job by just following instructions, not required to have any real Amiga experience from before. A lot of people have changed the caps, even I considered doing it for a while but didn't get to it as the 600 I borrowed seemed to have working sound most of the time. Eventually I'll have to though.

• 3 months later...