IGNORED

You’ll be able to play the Nintendo Switch before it launches in March

Maybe this little tour is about gauging interest and wrapping up beta-testing. But I believe it's about hype, each weekend is gonna be 3 days. Only 1 day is going to be for the public. The other two days are on invite.

The got one coming in chicago. But be damned if I'm going to travel into the city and fight the traffic. AND they're limited to 250 first come first serve time-slots.

I still like the old school way. Read about it in a magazine, and it shows up in stores on time and in quantity for holiday purchase. No fretting. No hype. No bullshit. Things like that were real. Not this BS.

Granted this is not something I'll purchase for myself, but we do give them as gifts and stocking stuffers and that kinda thing.

But I believe it's about hype, each weekend is gonna be 3 days. Only 1 day is going to be for the public. The other two days are on invite.

Yes, the "tour" is obviously about marketing hype. The "first come first serve" style of the final day open-to-the-public event definitely sounds like a good way to get the "look at the enormously long lines to try out the Nintendo Switch" type of news headlines. It's actually a really good idea from a marketing standpoint, and having them in the largest cities basically guarantees they'll be PACKED!

I like the part in the news release about the Switch preview being available to the "public at large". However, believe it or not but there is a LOT more USA than just the East and West Coasts (and Chicago). In other words, most people won't be able to try this thing out in March... LOL... One of the downsides of living in "Flyover Country" USA...

Anyway, hopefully Nintendo CAN build up some good press for this thing. They'll need it to be successful.

Edited by Retro-Z

Yes, the "tour" is obviously about marketing hype. The "first come first serve" style of the final day open-to-the-public event definitely sounds like a good way to get the "look at the enormously long lines to try out the Nintendo Switch" type of news headlines. It's actually a really good idea from a marketing standpoint, and having them in the largest cities basically guarantees they'll be PACKED!

I'm just fuck'n sick'n'tired of companies doing that. Manipulating the public without them even knowing they're being controlled. Sigh..

I like the part in the news release about the Switch preview being available to the "public at large". However, believe it or not but there is a LOT more USA than just the East and West Coasts (and Chicago). In other words, most people won't be able to try this thing out in March... LOL... One of the downsides of living in "Flyover Country" USA...

Public at large my ass! More like small minuscule events tryna'useda bullshit-generating power of the internet. I think Imna go play Slot Racers on my fake (emulated) VCS now.