IGNORED

7800 dev system mod

Scooter83

I'm looking for a quick and painless way to mod y system to be a developers system. I was told it's a bios swap so I assum a simple chip swap. Burn an eprom with the correct bios so I can play unencrypted games. What would be the best easiest and painless way to tackle this. This way I can test put 2 eprom boards I got today.

Edited by Scooter83

I'm looking for a quick and painless way to mod y system to be a developers system. I was told it's a bios swap so I assum a simple chip swap. Burn an eprom with the correct bios so I can play unencrypted games. What would be the best easiest and painless way to tackle this. This way I can test put 2 eprom boards I got today.

Straight from Eckhard's page, here's a direct download link of all the information and files you need in one zip archive.

• 7 months later...

I thought Curt mentioned at one time that he has one of the temperature carts for the 7800? But I don't think it was ever dumped because it required additional hardware in order to use it.

I think Curt has (had?) a temperature cart, a BASIC cart, and a word processor. But as you said they all need extra equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Curt has (had?) a temperature cart, a BASIC cart, and a word processor. But as you said they all need extra equipment.

If I recall, Dan Kramer also has a 7800 AtariLab ROM. But no way of dumping it. It would be interesting to see if it, BASIC, and the Word Processor would work with the XEGS Keyboard via the XM without code modification. I suspect not.

Glenn the 5200 Man in his Antic Podcast interview claimed to have several unreleased 7800 protos. Seems he was interacting with Atari staff both during the Atari Inc and Atari Corp days so who knows what the guy has in his possession. He didn't exactly elaborate.