109 replies to this topic

#101 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,492 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2017 10:24 AM

Whoa...it's late Saturday morning and I totally forgot there's a new episode out. (And I'm the host. Seriously!?!?) But the Moon Cresta episode has dropped! An obscure arcade shoot-em-up gets the 7800 homebrew treatment from one of the system's most highly respected developers.

#102 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,492 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 PM

Episode 24 — Crystal Quest…or Bentley Bear’s Crystal Quest…or Crystal Quest featuring Bentley Bear…or whatever! — is out!

In this episode Sean takes an in-depth look at a recently-released, highly-anticipated sequel to Crystal Castles.

#103 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,492 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sat Dec 2, 2017 9:58 PM

Hi, everybody! Sorry I'm late (well, this is coming out 14 hours later than I would have liked it to!), but...here's episode 25 - Astro Blaster!

Sega/Gremlin (or is it Gremlin/Sega?) gets some love from Sean in this look at another Bob DeCrescenzo classic, a conversion of a fairly obscure arcade game.

#104 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,492 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:23 PM

Help Sean celebrate the season with a very limited release homebrew as he waxes poetic about Christmas. Tap a spoon on your speaker, and maple syrup will be sure to ooze out.

#105 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 4,593 posts

Posted Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:39 AM

We had HBO before we had cable(yes, a door to door salesman got it to us) and I do remember Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas. Haven't seen it in decades. 

#106 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,492 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 AM

I think you and I had the same thing as little kids. :)

There was a black box on top of our TV and had three buttons. To get HBO youd have to set the TV to channel 3 and press button B on the box. (I also discovered that if you set the TV to channel 8 and hit button A youd get channel 5, which was (and still is) NBC. Could you just watch channel 5? Sure, but what was the fun in that? My parents didnt want me doing that trick because they thought itd ruin the TV or the HBO box or something.)

#107 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 4,593 posts

Posted Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:25 AM

I don't recall us having a box, but we had I think channel 7(unused station) was hard-set to HBO on our big 'ol Zenith console TV. I don't know how it worked. We didn't get regular cable + HBO until 85. I found out if you switched away from channel 3, and hit random channels on the cable box, you could get channels you didn't pay for, all free!

#108 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Just a regular dude.

• 25,101 posts
  • Meh

Posted Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:16 AM

We never had cable.  We only had a pirate ON TV box

#109 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,492 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:47 AM

Episode 27, the last for 2017, is now available! Just as the the title of this episode's game does, 2017 will end with a bang as Sean discusses the homebrew title Worm! and the history of "snake" games and...Neil Diamond???

#110 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,492 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:06 AM

2018 can now start: episode 28 has been unearthed!

Today Sean takes on Bob DeCrescenzo's port of a Gremlin/Sega oldie in his Chicago non-basement (but alas found no Hulks). Ruthann the Beagle insisted on helping with the intro segment.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users