Photo

The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast

131 replies to this topic

#126 PFL OFFLINE  

PFL

Dragonstomper

• 831 posts

Posted Mon Mar 5, 2018 3:34 PM

I'd read that book!  I recently picked up Mark Bussler's (of Classic Game Room fame) Pac-Man book.  It's a fun little read.

I keep an eye on your blog but I figured it was just a legacy thing as it hasn't been updated in a while (I'm not judging!).

I've always found Pac-Man and its impact on popular and gaming culture to be fascinating.  I work with kids 5-12 and most of them know of Pac-Man even though they've never played any of the games.  That's some impact!

I'll keep an ear to the ground in case you do decide to go for it.  If you don't, well, at least I'll still have the PFP. :)

#127 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,588 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:34 AM

In episode 32, Sean explores zen and the art of automatonic feline location. Also featured: an unfinished homebrew game.

#128 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,588 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:45 PM

So...my "burnout" episode is out as of yesterday. I'd love to hear your thoughts. (And upon listening back, I noticed that I really need to stop saying "what happens is" and variations on same.) I don't know what to think about the final result though.

#129 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,588 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sat Apr 7, 2018 8:14 AM

After giving in to burnout, Sean returns with an on-topic episode (#33) with variations on a driving game, a tragic rarity for the Atari 7800.

#130 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,588 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:34 PM

After his whirlwind trip to exotic Milwaukee, Sean is back with episode 34, talking about the much-loved and highly sought-after multicart for the ProSystem. (Want to make an easy $20? Sell Sean yours!)

#131 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,588 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sat May 5, 2018 5:06 PM

Effective YESTERDAY, actually, episode 35 is out! This time around, the topic is one of the latest Atari 7800 homebrew titles, this time an e-book. (And not late this time!)

#132 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,588 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 7:28 PM

Episode 36, featuring the Mateos rewritable 16-in-1 multicart, has been released! This episode examines another piece of homebrew hardware, this time the only currently available option for playing ROM files on your ProSystem. Sean also takes a dive into podiatry. (What does he hear? Tune in to find out!)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users