IGNORED

need O2 cartridge connector

grips03

Bought O2. Has bad cartridge connector. Any one know of source for them?

2 x 15 / 30 pin

3.96mm pin spacing aka pitch

5.08mm row spacing

body is 11mm tall

body is 67.30mm long then extends out to 80.81mm including the part for the rivet holes

body is 8.63mm wide

through-hole pins are 5.3mm long

Does O2 do anything without a cartridge inserted, i.e. Splash screen or something?

edit: EDAC 307-030-520-208 <---fits perfect Digikey sells them, to be used with short 4-40 screw in lieu of rivet

If you still want to use rivet then use EDAC 307-030-520-202

Thanks

What comes up when you power on the O2? Is it a black screen or a grayish one with random characters? If black then you have a bad chip or other component on the board.

I have a couple dead boards so I can send you a cart connector or the whole board (with bad chips)for cheap. That is assuming you are sure it is the connector.

What comes up when you power on the O2? Is it a black screen or a grayish one with random characters? If black then you have a bad chip or other component on the board.

I have a couple dead boards so I can send you a cart connector or the whole board (with bad chips)for cheap. That is assuming you are sure it is the connector.

gray with random characters.

connector on this O2 has 29 pins, not 30 :(

ordering from digikey, if it does not work I'll circle back. Thanks for the offer.

EDAC 307-030-520-208 <---.200 inch / 5.08mm row spacing. Fits perfect in O2. Order from Digikey. Use with short 4-40 screw in lieu of rivet. Towerhobbies sells short 4-40 screws.

If you still want to use rivet then use EDAC 307-030-520-202

EDAC 305-030-520-202 <--row spacing is too narrow. Its .140 inch / 3.56mm <---this won't fit

post-27883-0-90349400-1482521971_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-64781300-1482521977_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If you haven't already check the continuity of each connector pin to the chips, power and ground.

Clean the pins on the game carts as i doubt both are bad but dirty pins can cause solid screens.

You can also try to pull and push the cart in the slot when you power on as maybe the connector is not making good contact on the cart.

If all that fails I will check and see if I have any good ICs... I know I have an 8244 but I will have to test my 8048s as they may all be bad.

Checked continuity of each connector pin to the chips, power and ground

Cleaned game cart, tried pulling & pushing cart in slot, same results

When I got this console, cartridge pin R (A8) and 15 (A9) where shorted due to bent pin on the connector. A8 and A9 go to P8048 and to 74LS156N in lower right corner. Perhaps the short caused damage to those two ICs?