Tempest Elite coming soon to Atari 8-bit

232 replies to this topic

#226 peteym5 OFFLINE  

peteym5

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,666 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:20 PM

Very cool. But still one question is missing.

A cardinal one.

What question is a cardinal one? This game has been much more beta tested and many had played it to much higher levels until they were killed. No one has yet reported an issue with the game play yet.

#227 peteym5 OFFLINE  

peteym5

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,666 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:59 AM

I am going to revise this and reposting it so it appears at a top of another page.

How many people like playing the game just to play it with another controller like Paddles, Trackball, or Indy 500 Driving Controller?

How many people like playing the game on stock Atari hardware?

How many people like playing the game for its VBXE Support?

How many people like playing the game for Stereo Pokey Support?

I cannot state exact sales figures, but so far it sold more in one month than Amok Bots, Delta Space Arena, Laser Blast X, or Megaoids 2016 did in one year.

We want to hear from you. I will be happy to make more games that support these things.

#228 miker OFFLINE  

miker

Stargunner

• 1,810 posts
  • Stay Atari!

Posted Yesterday, 11:54 AM

What question is a cardinal one? This game has been much more beta tested and many had played it to much higher levels until they were killed. No one has yet reported an issue with the game play yet.

Wrong.

OK, I'll add it for you:

How many people like playing the game on some emulator?

I know that above question (or similar one) was answered severel times but it still remains intact.

Edited by miker, Yesterday, 11:54 AM.

#229 peteym5 OFFLINE  

peteym5

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,666 posts

Posted Yesterday, 1:21 PM

http://forums.atari....-now-available/

Can we here from more people who actually bought the game?

#230 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Quadrunner

• 17,316 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:14 PM

Wrong.

OK, I'll add it for you:

How many people like playing the game on some emulator?

I know that above question (or similar one) was answered severel times but it still remains intact.

That's correct.

Emulation is the way forward. Emulation is becoming more prevalent and pervasive for many reasons.

#231 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 5,192 posts

Posted Yesterday, 3:11 PM

I just played my cart and have to say that it's...pretty freakin' amazing. It's more polished than 'Xtreem' and the sound samples seem cleaner, too. The soundtrack is incredible, and now I've just got to get a VBXE. I did try out a ST mouse on 'Trackball' mode, but it's too choppy for good gameplay. It's amazing just how much of the spirit of T2K was captured in 64k. Excellent!

#232 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Quadrunner

• 17,316 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:31 PM

From watching and playing my buddie's setup. I can see some minimal and minor improvements. Something for perhaps a point release or something. But otherwise it seems ok.

#233 peteym5 OFFLINE  

peteym5

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,666 posts

Posted Today, 5:15 AM

Tempest Elite has 96 different webs ranging anywhere from 12 to 24 lanes. Has lane highlighting. When a flipper "gocha," all the enemies get pulled down with you. Lets you use different controllers. Program adapts to VBXE and Stereo Sound. I spent some time optimizing and debugging the original programming from Tempest Xtreme so it runs better. So the improvements are beyond minor.

Tempest Elite is available on cartridge from Video61 for $49.95.  

We wanted to release the game back in January, but when I said something about using "Gray Code" to read trackball, driving, and mouse, someone jumped and said the trackballs use something different. I had a hacked version of Centipede source that we adapted to read a CX-80 or Wico Trackball, so I see how that was read from the joystick port. The other recent issue was with Playing Digital Voice Sounds was causing periodic crashes after getting 3 warp keys and going to the bonus round. It is fixed now. It was doing weird things like messing up the player/missile multiplexer causing pieces left on screen when a flipper did a "Gocha", pieces of players remained on the screen. I experimented with several fixes like setting the pokey timers lower. What finally did a trick was waiting until the VBI is done before triggering a digital sound so all the processes were completed before starting a new VBI. Now it works great. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users