Tempest Elite coming soon to Atari 8-bit

360 replies to this topic

#351 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 6,457 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:04 PM

I wish I could just give up on hard issues in my day job.  I'll try it next time I am having trouble figuring something out.  I'll just tell him I am not doing it, and other people on the internet couldn't do it either, so tell the customer that.  LMAO.

#352 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 4,761 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:48 PM

Just ship the least buggy version.

#353 peteym5 OFFLINE  

peteym5

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,769 posts

Posted Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:56 AM

I am willing to let people look at the binary and source, but privately and those that I can trust. I require their personal information and need them to sign a confidentiality agreement. Each binary will be stamped so it can be traced back to who received it. I do not know who is who, or what they do on the public forums. I will not post the binary publicly, nor will it be available for pay-per-download. Isn't that like asking Nintendo to post the next Super Mario Brothers World game publicly so it can be debugged? The cartridge game is available from www.atarisales.com for $49.99. http://members.tcq.n...mpestelite.html

Edited by peteym5, Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:04 AM.

#354 gozar OFFLINE  

gozar

Dragonstomper

• 792 posts

Posted Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:02 AM

I am willing to let people look at the binary and source, but privately and those that I can trust. I require their personal information and need them to sign a confidentiality agreement. I cannot track who does what on here. I will not post the binary publicly, nor will it be available for pay-per-download. The cartridge game is available from www.atarisales.com for $49.99. http://members.tcq.n...mpestelite.html

Are you requiring personal information and a confidentiality agreement with every person who has bought a cartridge? They are now in possession of a binary of the game and can do whatever they want with it.

Cartridges can easily be read, they do not offer any copy protection.

#355 flashjazzcat ONLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 12,646 posts

Posted Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:08 AM

I am willing to let people look at the binary and source, but privately and those that I can trust.

Don't whine because no-one can be bothered with all that hassle to help you for free. I'll bet no-one here who offered to help and who knows what they're doing was even approached privately, and clearly no-one who already jumped through the hoops necessary to get sight of the code has a clue how to troubleshoot it. And as gozar said: it's out there already. No-one cares.

#356 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 4,761 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:29 AM

Isn't that like asking Nintendo to post the next Super Mario Brothers World game publicly so it can be debugged? 

Thanks, I needed a laugh tonight after a long day at work.

#357 peteym5 OFFLINE  

peteym5

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,769 posts

Posted Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:43 AM

I required proof of purchase for technical support before working with the people privately who bought the game to help resolve the VBXE issue. Video61 kept records of everyone who purchased the game. He needed to know the address, payment through some financial institution, and email of everyone who bought the game before shipping it to them.

Edited by peteym5, Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:47 AM.

#358 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• 2,772 posts

Posted Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:51 AM

I require their personal information and need them to sign a confidentiality agreement. 

This is so bizarre when you consider the system is over 30 years old and the market is so small and collector oriented.

#359 gozar OFFLINE  

gozar

Dragonstomper

• 792 posts

Posted Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:56 PM

This is so bizarre when you consider the system is over 30 years old and the market is so small and collector oriented.

I'm wondering if each individual copy is watermarked with the purchasers name or some identifiable information. Is it worth the trouble to compare the md5 of the cart for those that bought it? 

#360 remowilliams OFFLINE  

remowilliams

Quadrunner

• 10,248 posts

Posted Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:55 PM

I'm wondering if each individual copy is watermarked with the purchasers name or some identifiable information. Is it worth the trouble to compare the md5 of the cart for those that bought it? 

Given the outlandish level of paranoia exhibited, I'd assume there's someone paid to lurk in the bushes watching each person who purchased a cart.

#361 peteym5 OFFLINE  

peteym5

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,769 posts

Posted Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:30 PM

Maybe something encrypted in between some other game data.....

But lets not talk about piracy and digital downloads, and whatever, it just leads to things becoming negative.

Video 61 just keeps customer records just in case he needs to back track proof of purchase.

The main thing I figured out how to get it to run with VBXE, and other hardware and different firmware should less likely interfere with it.

I have been busy preparing Secretum Labyrinth for the 5200 and figuring out how to make the game more intense. I am glad to had provided the first game in that series as a free download and kept everything positive on those threads. Improving the RPG / adventure game engine is an ongoing process. I just wish the cartridge would had sold better after letting people try a smaller version of it. It is unlike anything else and I can say it is copyright material and my own intellectual work. It probably is something sought by collectors. By the time I get to the next cartridge game, I can add more monsters, and puzzles for the player to solve. I even thought about doing something with VBXE and Secretum Labyrinth.

Edited by peteym5, Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:41 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users