The UAV Rev. D Video Upgrade Thread

652 replies to this topic

#651 BeaglzNZ OFFLINE  

BeaglzNZ

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:25 PM

Howdy all,

I'm interested in this for my UK pal Atari 800xl (imported to NZ by the guy I purchased off) but I am wondering if its worth it given my display (Sony KLV-19T400A - multi region TV with component, PC RGB connector, HDMI, composite - but no S-video).

Are there any converters recommended to convert the s-video signal to RGB, component or HDMI video? Or does this upgrade provide sufficient improvement to warrant installation based on composite video improvements alone?

Another option is that I acquire another TV or monitor. If so, can you guys recommend any particular brand / model combos recommended? (A bonus would be  proven available monitor suitable for the ST and Amiga!)

I have seen s-video to rgb or composite cables on Ebay, but can't understand how a cheap cable can convert between what I understand to be colour incompatible video transmission formats...

Apologies if Ive missed any relevant discussion about this - it's taken me about 4 days off and on to read all 26 odd pages on this forum.

I haven't tried the UAV in the 800XL yet but the composite output on the Atari 400 was exceptionally crisp - in fact it appeared better than the standard composite output on the original Atari 800. I have another plug in board and a couple of kits to work with so will try over the coming weekend if time permits - might be able to help you out if you are in Auckland - did you buy the 800XL off me?

#652 Irata 008 OFFLINE  

Irata 008

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:49 PM

If your first name starts with "A", you live in a suburb starting with "G" and you have a 400 for sale on TradeMe - then  yes, I bought from you (and an ST with a non working "help" key :))

Edited by Irata 008, Yesterday, 9:53 PM.

#653 Irata 008 OFFLINE  

Irata 008

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:50 PM

Would you be keen to fit Lotharek's U1Mb for me?? ( Ordered a month ago and languishing in the Polish postal system)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users