The UAV Rev. D Video Upgrade Thread

186 replies to this topic

#176 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

Stargunner

• 1,495 posts
  • Starmaster Leader

Posted Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:54 PM

So I wanted to bump up this thread to remind people that if they're getting some fringing or artifacting around text that you don't care for, the little potentiometer on the UAV can be adjusted. I decided today to see if I could improve my text in software 80 column mode (using The Last Word) - as it happens, my particualr 800XL daily driver machine needed the pot to be tweaked almost entirely through its range counter-clockwise. Made a tremendous difference. :) 

#177 Bryan OFFLINE  

Bryan

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,326 posts
  • Cruise Elroy = 4DB7

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 PM

I just want to let everyone know that I've arrived at my new place in Michigan and I've got parts on the way to fulfill the April orders. I'm buried in boxes and emergency home repairs but I'll be responding to everyone's messages shortly and determining how many waiting list orders can be filled. Now I've just got to find my tools and supplies.

#178 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

Stargunner

• 1,495 posts
  • Starmaster Leader

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:51 PM

I just want to let everyone know that I've arrived at my new place in Michigan and I've got parts on the way to fulfill the April orders. I'm buried in boxes and emergency home repairs but I'll be responding to everyone's messages shortly and determining how many waiting list orders can be filled. Now I've just got to find my tools and supplies.

Sorry to hear about the emergency home repairs but very much looking forward to the second Rev D board I've ordered.  I got a "new" (to me) 800Xl tonight as a parts machine and while testing, I was astounded at how much worse the stock video on it is compared to my UAV-equipped daily driver. :)

#179 dkerfoot OFFLINE  

dkerfoot

Star Raider

• 75 posts

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:23 PM

Sorry to hear it Bryan.  Get the home front squared away first.  As much as I am looking forward to my UAVs, anything Atari is the very definition of secondary in the bigger scheme of things.

#180 tf_hh OFFLINE  

tf_hh

Moonsweeper

• 382 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:37 AM

Maybe I missed the (or a) list, but I want 3 more plug-in kits if possible :-)

Thanks, Jurgen

#181 48kRAM OFFLINE  

48kRAM

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:58 PM

Really looking forward to this. I'm actually contemplating selling another vintage machine (SGI Indigo^2 10K) to buy an 800xl to put my expected UAV in. :)

Thanks so much and I hope the house gets sorted well and quick. Sorry to hear that. :(

-Josh

#182 steddyman OFFLINE  

steddyman

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:22 PM

Does anyone know if this will fit the PAL 800XLF which has the Freddie chip and from what I can see no C56 or C54?

Bryan, if I wanted just one now, what sort of wait would I be looking at?  The picture is terrible and this is my only Atari so I don't think I can face waiting ages to fix it.

Thanks

Edited by steddyman, Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:25 PM.

#183 rattboi OFFLINE  

rattboi

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:34 AM

Just learned about this. Would love this for my 7800. Please add me to the next waitlist.

#184 seastalker OFFLINE  

seastalker

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:19 AM

ALSO just learned of this. I'd like to be added to the waiting list for one for my 800XL.  Would this have any compatibility issues with this PAL/NTSC mod (basically swapping in a PAL Antic chip) as seen in this youtube video?

#185 Foster OFFLINE  

Foster

Chopper Commander

• 122 posts

Posted Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:10 AM

Please put me down for 3 800xl units if there is room on the list.

Thanks,

... Foster

#186 Boojakascha OFFLINE  

Boojakascha

Space Invader

• 32 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:05 AM

I would like to order one unit for a 800XL

#187 bradd1978 OFFLINE  

bradd1978

Dragonstomper

• 862 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:27 AM

Bryan all the best with the home repairs, hope everything goes smoothly.
If I'm already not on the list, put me down for 3 of the basic kits! :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users