IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2016

Pixelboy

Hello ColecoVisioneers! :D

Welcome to another edition of the Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. I'd like to start by wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas, and a more general "Happy Holidays" for those who do not recognize themselves in this holiday. :)

I'm afraid I don't have much to offer this year in terms of special gifts, but at least I can give you the ROMs of Front Line SCE and Boxxle. Find them attached at the bottom of this post. Boxxle is a 64K game that uses an auxiliary EEPROM to save the player's progress and also to store puzzles created with the puzzle editor, so you'll need nanochess' CoolCV emulator to play it. Not sure if it plays properly with the latest firmware update on the AtariMax Ultimate SD cartridge, but the savegame features are unlikely to work. Front Line SCE plays the same as the original Front Line, the only difference is that you need to use the (1) and (3) keys on the keypad to rotate your gun left and right.

I also have very little to offer in terms of actual news today, and that's because I'm keeping most of the news updates for the next News Bulletin of January 1st 2017. For now, I can at least mention that I'm expecting to receive a third lot of budget game boxes next week (or early in the week after) and my contact at the printer company assures me that he will step on the accelerator pedal starting in January to get the rest of the budget game boxes printed. We'll see if he will honor this commitment. ;)

I can also share a few pics (attached below) of The Cure. You will immediately notice that the graphics in the cut-scenes have been much improved over the ones in the original MSX version. I can also confirm that The Cure will not require the Super Game Module. The programmer recoded the music and sound effects for the ColecoVision's native sound chip, and the results are very good. Aside from some minor graphic alterations, the main game looks and plays the same as the original MSX game, which is definitely good news any way you look at it!

Wow, this must be the shortest News Bulletin I've ever written, especially for Christmas. I'll have a lot more to say one week from now, as I will outline my release plans for 2017.

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. :D

boxxle_colecovision.zip

front_line_sce_colecovision.zip

post-7743-0-76019600-1482667518_thumb.png

post-7743-0-84253000-1482667526_thumb.png

post-7743-0-75505000-1482667534_thumb.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

ONLY TWO GAMES??? WHY YOU CHEAP SCROOGE! I OUGHTA.....

I'm joking, of course. Everything you bring to the scene is appreciated. Hell, you were supposed to be out of the game, as it were, so I'm sure we consider it a gift games are still being published, Merry Christmas to you & yours.