IGNORED

Awesome new 3D printed case for the Atari Ultimate Cart

retango

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

Here are photos of the revised Atari Ultimate cartridge. It has been test fit in all of the Atari 8-bit machines. Here are some photos of the test, and a nice light blue finished product with the cartridge installed in it.

IMG_0867.jpg IMG_0868.jpg
IMG_0869.jpg IMG_0870.jpg

Here are the machine tests:

65_XE_1.jpg 130_XE_1.jpg 130_XE_2.jpg
130_XE_3.jpg 600_XL_1.jpg 600_XL_2.jpg
800_1.jpg 800_2.jpg 800_XL_1.jpg
1200_XL_1.jpg 1200_XL_2.jpg XEGS_1.jpg
XEGS_2.jpg
  • Like 8

Hello again.

Here are photos of the revised Atari Ultimate cartridge. It has been test fit in all of the Atari 8-bit machines. Here are some photos of the test, and a nice light blue finished product with the cartridge installed in it.

IMG_0867.jpg IMG_0868.jpg
IMG_0869.jpg IMG_0870.jpg

Here are the machine tests:

65_XE_1.jpg 130_XE_1.jpg 130_XE_2.jpg
130_XE_3.jpg 600_XL_1.jpg 600_XL_2.jpg
800_1.jpg 800_2.jpg 800_XL_1.jpg
1200_XL_1.jpg 1200_XL_2.jpg XEGS_1.jpg
XEGS_2.jpg

This looks cool. I'll probably get one when (if) the 2nd run goes through.

I've been recently asked by people here, and on the Commodore side of my business for higher resolution / smoother finish prints. I've been doing some testing, and have found that 100 microns is viable.

As such, I've decided to offer prints at 100 micron resolution as an upgrade over the standard print resolution of 200 microns.

You'll currently find that option available on the Atari Ultimate 1200 cartridge at present on the shop. If there's another model that you'd like at the higher resolution and the option isn't available, please let me know and I'll make the adjustment to the shop.

I do however have to charge an additional small surcharge on models for the higher resolution as it does double the print time, thus consuming more power to generate the model.

Thomas

Good to hear it...I'll most likely order the higher resolution print. Still trying to decide on which color, though I think I'm down to the grey or translucent blue.

Do you have any examples of your printed items with the orange filament?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The color varies between tomato red and orange depending on the light source. I am looking at it right now under cool white LED lighting and it appears more orange than red. But in any case it goes well with both XL and XE cases. One thing i noticed with this cartridge though is the fact that the front side isn't suitable for labeling, however in this particular case it needs no identification anyway, there is no mistaking it for anything else :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive comments on the case. Glad you guys are enjoying it. It does look nice in your machines.

And yes, I use Lulzbot TAZ5 printers. The photo in the tread above is exactly what they look like!

Thomas

COREi64

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'd love to pick one of these up, but I have the horizontal connector.. Any options here?

I would just need to borrow one of these boards for a short while, and I could adapt my design.

Same deal applies, if you loan me your board, you get the device sent back to you in a case in the color of your choice.

If that appeals to you, let me know.

Thomas

COREi64

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Lil Alien's loan of his cartridge board, I've completed work on the case for the horizontal connector case.

This design will work on ALL Atari 8-bit computers, including the 1200.

IMG_1663.jpg IMG_1664.jpg
IMG_1665.jpg IMG_1666.jpg
This is the board that it's modeled after:

IMG_1657.jpg IMG_1658.jpg
And here is a side by side comparison of the two versions:

IMG_1689.jpg IMG_1696.jpg
IMG_1684.jpg IMG_1686.jpg IMG_1688.jpg

If you're interested in one for yourself, you can pick it up here: http://corei64.com/store/index.php?cPath=16

Thomas

Edited by COREi64
  • Like 3

Thanks to Lil Alien's loan of his cartridge board, I've completed work on the case for the horizontal connector case.

This design will work on ALL Atari 8-bit computers, including the 1200.

IMG_1663.jpg IMG_1664.jpg
IMG_1665.jpg IMG_1666.jpg
This is the board that it's modeled after:

IMG_1657.jpg IMG_1658.jpg
And here is a side by side comparison of the two versions:

IMG_1689.jpg IMG_1696.jpg
IMG_1684.jpg IMG_1686.jpg IMG_1688.jpg

If you're interested in one for yourself, you can pick it up here: http://corei64.com/store/index.php?cPath=16

Thomas

Looks gorgeous. I've given up on getting a decent print (or case design) from my piece of shit DaVinci 1.0. I put Repetier firmware 0.92 on it some months back. Anyhow - don't mean to hijack the thread. Ordering one of your cases for my rev 1.1 cart this evening.

• Like 1

Lil Alien: Didn't get to the post office yesterday (life got in the way... sorry). It's going out today airmail.

Quadrunner: Thanks for the compliment. I presume this one is yours?

IMG_1818.jpg IMG_1819.jpg
IMG_1820.jpg IMG_1821.jpg
IMG_1822.jpg
It'll be going out today too! Tracking to both will follow.
Thomas
COREi64
  • Like 2