IGNORED

Anyone know more these games: Snowplow & SS Achilles

therealbountybob

In the penultimate HSC round we are playing SS Achilles and Showplow...

Snowplow - has anyone got a fill copy or the antic disk with it on?

Looks like the available SnowPlow XEX/COM/ATR's only have 1 level and the game should have 6 boards? Looks like it was an Antic Game but I can't see it, I'm guessing Winter 88? Found the author's web site and have sent him a greeting.

SS Achilles - anyone know if you can complete the levels and board the shuttle?

See the HSC thead for links and what we have found out and worked out so far on both games. It's been fun trying a couple of new oldies :)

• Like 2

Well,

BBK Software also released a Snowplow editor in Analog magazine (9/1988 and 10/1988) and most likely some Atarians created new levels/maps for it...

Alas, the level/map that is used for the game has to be named "SMAP.1" or similar and if I remember correctly it was not possible to name the next levels/maps "SMAP.2", "SMAP.3", etc. to make them autoload one after another. Instead the game (always) only loaded the SMAP.1 file, so you have to manually rename one of the six available levels/maps before loading and playing the game or you always play the same level/map... (but I might be wrong here, have not played the game for quite some time).

Attached is the game with editor.

EDIT: Further investigation shows that my disk does NOT have the levels, but the sources (named *.PT1 to *.PT5), ouch. So that is why auto-chaining did not work. Did not find more levels on my Analog diskettes...

SNOWPLOW.ATR

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 2

Well,

this download link does not contain any levels/boards/maps, just the Snowplow ML-file (Snowplow.OBJ) and its source (Mac65?) as five files *.PT1 - *.PT5, see attached image:

post-3782-0-82140700-1482859971_thumb.jpg

ML-files can be binary loaded e.g. with DOS (e.g .with DOS 2 option "L" binary load") or with a gamedos/menuloader or with a bootloader...

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Well,

this download link does not contain any levels/boards/maps, just the Snowplow ML-file (Snowplow.OBJ) and its source (Mac65?) as five files *.PT1 - *.PT5, see attached image:

attachicon.gifsnowplow_source.jpg

ML-files can be binary loaded e.g. with DOS (e.g .with DOS 2 option "L" binary load") or with a gamedos/menuloader or with a bootloader...

:-(