Photo

Did you get any video games for Christmas?

45 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you get any video games for Christmas? (81 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you get any video games for Christmas?

1. Yes (57 votes [70.37%])

Percentage of vote: 70.37%

2. No (24 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Dreamcast Gamer OFFLINE  

Dreamcast Gamer

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Wed Jan 4, 2017 10:10 AM

I got the Atari 2600 4 switch woodgrain model with Asteroids, Basketball, and E.T.  That stuff was bought with money I got for Christmas.  My parents got me the Intellivision Flashback, The Ecco The Dolphin Dreamcast Game that I can't remember the name of (it was defective so I returned it and got 12 Atari games,) Pac-Man World 3 on PlayStation 2, and Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure on GameCube, which I made a review of on YouTube the same day.  Let's just say it was one of the best Christmas's I've had :)

#27 BydoEmpire OFFLINE  

BydoEmpire

River Patroller

• 2,680 posts

Posted Fri Jan 6, 2017 9:12 AM

For the first time in a couple of years, and it's great!

7800 Dungeon Stalker

7800 KC Munckin

#28 Garwor OFFLINE  

Garwor

Space Invader

• 29 posts

Posted Sun Jan 8, 2017 3:05 AM

Rounded up some missing Activision titles, including Pressure Cooker, Frostbite, Pitfall II, Plaque Attack. Snagged one of the few remaining Vectrex titles I never bought, Armor Attack (of all things). DiRT Rally for Xbox one. Shovel Knight and Star Fox Zero for the Wii U. Then picked myself up Mace: The Dark Age for N64, Vortex for SNES, Forgotten Worlds for the Genesis, Tropical Freeze for the Wii U, and a Vectrex Multi-Cart. Also about to rebuild a few DMG's with custom cases, buttons and lighting, as well as building a nice two button arcade stick for 2600/7800 with pinout switching so two button support will work with the Colecovision.

Basically I'm going to starve to death because I just blew a year's worth of game budget in two weeks.:(

#29 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• Topic Starter
  • 16,414 posts

Posted Sun Jan 8, 2017 6:04 AM

Rounded up some missing Activision titles, including Pressure Cooker, Frostbite, Pitfall II, Plaque Attack. Snagged one of the few remaining Vectrex titles I never bought, Armor Attack (of all things). DiRT Rally for Xbox one. Shovel Knight and Star Fox Zero for the Wii U. Then picked myself up Mace: The Dark Age for N64, Vortex for SNES, Forgotten Worlds for the Genesis, Tropical Freeze for the Wii U, and a Vectrex Multi-Cart. Also about to rebuild a few DMG's with custom cases, buttons and lighting, as well as building a nice two button arcade stick for 2600/7800 with pinout switching so two button support will work with the Colecovision.

Basically I'm going to starve to death because I just blew a year's worth of game budget in two weeks. :(

So you bought those for yourself and didn't get them as a gift for xmas correct?

#30 Garwor OFFLINE  

Garwor

Space Invader

• 29 posts

Posted Sun Jan 8, 2017 11:27 AM

Everything after the "Then picked myself up" part, shamefully, yes.

#31 ntavio OFFLINE  

ntavio

Stargunner

• 1,447 posts
  • I play a super stuntman on TV.

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 AM

My wife got me the Atari Portable Flashback (actually I bought it and she me paid me back).  

But she did put it under the tree. :)  :)

#32 ntavio OFFLINE  

ntavio

Stargunner

• 1,447 posts
  • I play a super stuntman on TV.

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 AM

I don't know why that happened.

Edited by ntavio, Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:33 PM.

#33 karokoenig OFFLINE  

karokoenig

Stargunner

• 1,964 posts

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 PM

Yes, I did. My AtariAge Secret Santa sent me (among other things) a CIB Silent Service for NES :)

#34 EmuDan OFFLINE  

EmuDan

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 PM

I used a $30 gift card for Disc Replay and got Canyon Bomber, No Escape, and Crackpots all CIB, and some loose cartridges of Roc N Rope, Burgertime, Cosmic Creeps, and Megamania (blue label).

Dan

#35 syn OFFLINE  

syn

Chopper Commander

• 115 posts
  • There can be only one.

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:14 PM

No but I bought myself a new tv, xrgb 3 and a mini so they're gaming related.

#36 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 7,229 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:01 PM

No. But I did get some afterwards...

revenge-of-the-homebreviews.jpg

#37 save2600 ONLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 13,816 posts

Posted Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:45 PM

Now that's a haul! :love:

Btw: is that the special edition of Lady Bug? Thought those were sold out? Same with Boulder Dash and D. Scott's Star Castle... or are those box only?

#38 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 7,229 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:01 PM

Now that's a haul! :love:

Btw: is that the special edition of Lady Bug? Thought those were sold out? Same with Boulder Dash and D. Scott's Star Castle... or are those box only?

They are sold out. I worked on Boulder Dash (layout for the box, manual, and cart labels using André Bolfing's illustration), and Lady Bug CE (game graphics and artwork for the box, manual, and cart), so I had copies waiting for me. It's just taken me this long to get around to having them shipped. D. Scott's Star Castle is a loaner for the sake of writing a review.

#39 omegadot OFFLINE  

omegadot

Dragonstomper

• 890 posts

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:57 AM

I bought my son Pokken tournament, Lego the force awakens, and Super Smash Bros for 3ds. The first two were sorta for me too.

I usually just get useful stuff for Christmas.

Edited by omegadot, Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:58 AM.

#40 bpatte02 OFFLINE  

bpatte02

Chopper Commander

• 130 posts

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:41 PM

My girlfriends folks got me Seaquest and E.T. for the 2600. Not sure if that was to be nice or show disapproval of me lol

#41 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• Topic Starter
  • 16,414 posts

Posted Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 AM

My girlfriends folks got me Seaquest and E.T. for the 2600. Not sure if that was to be nice or show disapproval of me lol

I'd take that as a win. My inlaws didn't get me anything, let alone video games.

#42 high voltage OFFLINE  

high voltage

Quadrunner

• 6,139 posts

Posted Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 AM

Since I celebrate XMas just with me, I got myself Boulder Dash for VCS, a Petster (Cat), House shoes (yes), and some Lenovo computing hardware.

Oh, and two Bob Dylan concert tickets for myself and a lovely gorgeous girl.

Edited by high voltage, Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 AM.

#43 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Stargunner

• 1,917 posts

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:58 AM

She decided not to wait the couple of days, but I got the NES Classic Edition from that push a couple days before Christmas.  Oddly at that same time as I never do actually get games since no one knows what I want, at least that's new, or because ebay is scary, I gifted myself something.  Found a spectacular condition Dreamcast in a box at goodwill for $6 which I decided to keep and use.

#44 Neo 64 OFFLINE  

Neo 64

Chopper Commander

• 154 posts

Posted Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:21 PM

Got real bout Fatal fury, fatal fury 3, world heroes 2 and fatal fury special all for aes

#45 minerscale OFFLINE  

minerscale

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:32 AM

I got Shenzhen I/O

Such a fun game

#46 Laner OFFLINE  

Laner

Moonsweeper

• 441 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:09 AM

I got the Skyrim remaster and Persona 4 Golden from my mom, and a 20" Sony PVM from the wife.  Though it was more like "Hey, I'm gonna buy this monitor on eBay - it can be my Christmas present"  :P

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users