IGNORED

Bug found maybe?

Bikerbob

Hello all,

As many reading this know I have been using RespeQt with pclink so that I can access pc directories through SDX 4.48.

The current setup I am using is an 800xl with U1mb - with drives 1050(std) Xf551 and Indus GT. They are usually drives 2,3,4 OR 1,2,3 (sometimes I am booting from a large HD partition on the PC through RespeQt)

I am using a serial atarimax device ( a nice donation from a friend ) So i am not using any homebrew eqipment like I have stated in other past posts.

Here is the potential bug I think I have found - IT is specific to the Indus GT (or so it seems)

So.. if I have say 5 active drives - 3 hardware (1050,xf,GT) and 2 through RespeQt (NOT PCLINK drives) Lets say its A:respeQT b:1050 c:xf551 d:Indus GT E:respeQt.

IF I try and access drive d: from a RespeQt drive so a: dir d: it will give me a directory listing but will hang on sector 20 (read from led of Indus) and continue to spin ( I have let it go for as long as 10 mins)

If I go from hardware say b: dir d: - no issue I get the dir.. and it parks the head at sec 39 and shuts off. IF I do it from any hardware to hardware the same.. if I go from a respeQt drive to the 1050 or the xf551 it parks and stops.. but to the Indus GT it does not.

Now - if I then go to D: do a dir or disk access direct from that drive - it does the operation and shuts down.. If I go to another hardware drive and access D: while its spinning away.. it will do the operation and then shut down.. BUT if I do more operations from a respeQt drive to the GT it will do the operation but again hang on 20 and continue to spin.

What do you think?

James

• 3 weeks later...

In my continuing effort to figure this out.. I found out.. its not QUITE RespeQT... but it might be pclink.

I tried this using RespeQT.. but not sparta 4.48 that is on my U1mb.. but I used my spart 4.19 cartridge.. NO problem.

Then I loaded Sparta 4.48 again.. but no drivers, no autoexec or config.. no problem.

But when I load Sparta 4.48 with the pclink driver.. I get the problem.. so maybe kinda related.. but its the pclink driver issue??

James

I think I have found the issue.. although its not where I thought it would be.

It seems to be in the prompt command I issued in my autoexec.bat

prompt $l$p>

This is what is causing the indus GT to hang and continue to spin forever, unless I access the drive from a real drive in the sio chain. If I access the drive from an SIO2pc drive.. I get it hung up.

Now I know this is so odd, it does not effect a significant group.. but interesting none the less.

guess this should move this over to the spartados X thread.

James

Edited by Bikerbob
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...