IGNORED

Fest West 2017

Omega-TI

I listened to one Pod cast and they mentioned RXB but not me or RXB by name just descriptions.

They just said there was this cool thing being done in XB by a guy and talked about how the TI is being supported currently.

Very uninformative and not very impressive to not even know names or things that have names.

Edited by RXB
  • Like 1

Thanks for making that effort Matt. This was the F18A, right?

Yes, the F18A... The winner got back to me, and says he does have a 4A, and does intend to put it to use. He turned down full market value, so I assume he is serious. Which is good to hear.

The more the merrier.

-M@

• Like 2

I listened to one Pod cast and they mentioned RXB but not me or RXB by name just descriptions.

They just said there was this cool thing being done in XB by a guy and talked about how the TI is being supported currently.

Very uninformative and not very impressive to not even know names or things that have names.

The strange part is, I spoke with Randy (the Antic Atari Podcaster whom appears on several different podcasts, not just TI specific), and he seemed quite interested in what was going on at FestWest.

I can understand the lack of TI/FestWest details on his mainstay Podcast Antic, yet completely miss why he didn't offer more on this general interest retro computing program?

Yep, I don't get it.

• Like 1

Hey Rich,

I find this very unusual as well. He's programs usually offer many details as he seems to do an excellent job preparing for his own Atari Podcast.

You shouldn't take any of this personal. He's probably just immersed in the Atari and not too interested in anything else.

• Like 1

Yes, the F18A... The winner got back to me, and says he does have a 4A, and does intend to put it to use. He turned down full market value, so I assume he is serious. Which is good to hear.

The more the merrier.

-M@

He did express to me a concern that he'd destroy his TI attempting the install. I assured him it was quite easy.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Good News!

If you attended Fest West 2017, you'll remember the grand prize winner of the F18A was an Atari guy, not a TI'er.  Well, with the help of Airshack mentioning that Randy Kindig, of Floppy Day's fame and a TI'er wanted one, and the fact that Airshack gets around as a pilot, he arranged the F18A a new home and even installed it for him! 

Way to go Airshack! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

In Progress.jpg

Installed.jpg

• Like 5