IGNORED

Fest West 2017

Omega-TI

As stated before, Fest West 2017 will be from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday the 29th of April.
Attendance is FREE, however you'll be expected to pay for your own lunch when we break at 12:00 noon.
(Please do not bring your own food).
Signups begin on February 1st and conclude on April 15th.
This will enable me to give the approximate number of attendees to the restaurant so they can plan
for proper scheduling and staffing needs for us.
Atari Age users can just send me a PM by clicking << HERE >> for others, please send an email to:
festwest2017@gmail.com
I'll need your FIRST NAME and your prefered USERNAME on sites like here at atariage.com or atari.io.
Your name information will be printed on your own custom name badge (so people know who you are).
Name badges will be required to enter the drawings and you must be present to win.
Thanks! It's going to be fun!

PM incoming. I will have to make sure I have plenty of snacks and audio books for my three minute drive to the venue!

• Like 1

PM incoming. I will have to make sure I have plenty of snacks and audio books for my three minute drive to the venue!

I got the PM and I've added you to the list! Three minutes? Man, I'm jealous.

Speaking of audiobooks, I ordered an inexpensive MP3 player and a memory card to load up some TI podcasts on as one of the door prizes. If you win, maybe you can take it on a longer trip.

Besides an expanded prize drawing this year, we are going to do something new. Thanks to Tursi, the first eight people to show up at Fest West this year will get a replacement GROM port for their TI. So, make sure you sign up if you have not already! You have to have a name tag to be eligible.

gallery_35324_1027_534.jpg

• Like 4

Rich,

If you would like to do a presentation on a COMPLETED project, please send me a PM. We can go over time (length) and scheduling issues.

Ok give me a couple of months to get more progress I have only started.

But I do have something not seen before as I tied all the GPL XB Source code to the Assembly XML calls in the XB ROMs.

This will allow me to make a SAMS only XB with no ROMS at all from the SAMS, cool huh?

Instead of 3 4K ROMs or 2 8K ROMs like GK does I can run a 20K RAM in the upper 24K and swap them out using the SAMS. (Need 4K for exchanging values)

Also VDP will only be used for Graphics and DSR's. All the strings and programs will all be in SAMS memory.

Cool way to load it is the 20K of RAM for SAMS will be in another bank of GROM or 20K of ROM and moved from there into SAMS.

As long as RAM is not turned off a reset of the Console will maintain memory as I can place a flag there.

Now I can show all of this at Fest West. This even allows for future expansion of the new RXB SAMS cart.

Edited by RXB

But I do have something not seen before as I tied all the GPL XB Source code to the Assembly XML calls in the XB ROMs.

This will allow me to make a SAMS only XB with no ROMS at all from the SAMS, cool huh?

Very cool. I don't know if it would be of any help, but Myarc's Advanced BASIC (for the Geneve) is written in assembly, and the source code is available. Even though there is Geneve-specific code, many of the routines appear to have been pulled from the earlier Myarc XB iterations.

• Like 2

Very cool. I don't know if it would be of any help, but Myarc's Advanced BASIC (for the Geneve) is written in assembly, and the source code is available. Even though there is Geneve-specific code, many of the routines appear to have been pulled from the earlier Myarc XB iterations.

Yea I have the Myarc XB2 manual and could look at the Myarc XB2 Source Code, thanks.

• Like 2