Photo

Hello, mistake in rules?, HSC idea

10 replies to this topic

#1 briwayjones OFFLINE  

briwayjones

Star Raider

• 98 posts

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:12 PM

Hi all I'm Brian!  I've been lurking here for years but never had a reason to post.  I have tended to come and go from my Atari it seems.  And I have started dabbling around with programming for the 2600 and 7800.  While reading how the HSC works I saw what might be an error.  Under the game mode setup it says that on the difficulty switches on a 2600 that the "A" position is Expert and "B" is novice which would be correct.  For the 7800 it says" "On an Atari 7800, moving the switch to the left is equivalent to "B" and moving the switch to the right is equivalent to "A".  So to the left would be novice and to the right would be expert.  However in my 7800 manual it says: "When a difficulty switch is moved to the left, the game becomes more difficult." so the expert setting.  Which would match the setting position on the 2600s.  Anyway that just caught my attention and I thought I would point it out.

Has anybody thought about also having an all time high score list?  Just an ongoing running list of all time high scores for games?  Or would that be to much work?

-Brian

#2 Zoyx OFFLINE  

Zoyx

Stargunner

• 1,538 posts
  • Prominent Internet User

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:28 PM

All-time high-score list

#3 KaeruYojimbo ONLINE  

KaeruYojimbo

Stargunner

• 1,120 posts

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:31 PM

There's also an online high score list here.

#4 briwayjones OFFLINE  

briwayjones

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 98 posts

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:55 PM

All-time high-score list

Thanks, I saw that thread but didn't look at the attached PDF.  So it looked like something else.  I guess I should have poked around a little deeper.

There's also an online high score list here.

Thanks, I also saw that but thought it had to do with just the season, not all time.  Again I guess I should have looked closer.

Feeling kind of dumb here. :/

#5 briwayjones OFFLINE  

briwayjones

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 98 posts

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:12 PM

How do you submit high scores for whatever game in general?  When you are not competing in a season competition?

#6 Zoyx OFFLINE  

Zoyx

Stargunner

• 1,538 posts
  • Prominent Internet User

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:39 PM

How do you submit high scores for whatever game in general?  When you are not competing in a season competition?

You don't. Your scores must be part of competition.

#7 KaeruYojimbo ONLINE  

KaeruYojimbo

Stargunner

• 1,120 posts

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:18 PM

There's highscore.com and other sites like that for submitting high scores for any game. HSC scores can only be submitted during the competition.

#8 briwayjones OFFLINE  

briwayjones

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 98 posts

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:23 PM

You don't. Your scores must be part of competition.

Okay, that's what I was asking about in my first post.  High scores in general that are not part of a competition.  Thanks

Edited by briwayjones, Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:23 PM.

#9 S.BAZ OFFLINE  

S.BAZ

River Patroller

• 2,093 posts

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:15 PM

Under the game mode setup it says that on the difficulty switches on a 2600 that the "A" position is Expert and "B" is novice which would be correct.  For the 7800 it says" "On an Atari 7800, moving the switch to the left is equivalent to "B" and moving the switch to the right is equivalent to "A".  So to the left would be novice and to the right would be expert.  However in my 7800 manual it says: "When a difficulty switch is moved to the left, the game becomes more difficult." so the expert setting.  Which would match the setting position on the 2600s. 

Thanks for pointing that out but it's not a mistake, the manual actually got it wrong!    x]

#10 briwayjones OFFLINE  

briwayjones

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 98 posts

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:29 PM

Thanks for pointing that out but it's not a mistake, the manual actually got it wrong!    x]

:-o

#11 karokoenig OFFLINE  

karokoenig

Stargunner

• 1,953 posts

Posted Sun Jan 1, 2017 11:23 AM

Hey S.Baz. While you're around, why not announce when the next season will begin in the other thread? At least roughly. We have some newcomers there who are eager to kick our old asses :)

Edited by karokoenig, Sun Jan 1, 2017 11:23 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users