IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Season 4 Round 6 Galaxian

zylon

Our main game is Galaxian on default or game 0. For a half round scoring, I'll add a Game 9 challenge. ;) Play pn real 5200 systems using real controllers or trackball if it works. Only modern exceptions are flash/SD carts using 5200 ROM's. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends Sunday, January 8th 2017 @9pm EST

Current HSC records: Bust one or both for bonus point(s)!

Galaxian -
(Game 0)
zylon 30,400(busted)- NEW: 37,550 phuzaxeman
(Game 9)
zylon 11,300(busted)- NEW: 13,280 phuzaxeman
Final scores- Game 0
37,550 phuzaxeman+1+11+7=19
18,380 zylon+10+5=15
14,280 darthkur+9+4=13
11,270 peedenmark7+8+2=10
9,530 roadrunner+7+3=10
9,140 RangerG+6
5,480 MrBubble+5
Game 9 bonus-
13,280 phuzaxeman+1+6=7
8,250 zylon+5
4,770 darthkur+4
3,390 roadrunner+3
3,100 peedenmark7+2
Standings:
darthkur - 50
RangerG - 39
zylon -29
peedenmark7 - 26
roadrunner - 25
atariron82 - 18
phuzaxeman - 17
MrBubble - 15
King_Salamon - 11

Galaxian.BIN

Edited by zylon

Lord Darthkur, your 37,910 is on easy mode (you press "*" - you can tell when "level 0" is in yellow as opposed to blue). I know you're a killer gamer. No disrespect man.

Oh hell, I guess that explains why I did so well. Damn. Should have figured that was too good to be true. Thanks for the catch. I had no idea there were so many settings in this game.

Our main game is Galaxian on default or game 0. For a half round scoring, I'll add a Game 9 challenge. ;) Play pn real 5200 systems using real controllers or trackball if it works. Only modern exceptions are flash/SD carts using 5200 ROM's. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends Sunday, January 8th 2017 @9pm EST

Current HSC records: Bust one or both for bonus point(s)!

Galaxian -
(Game 0)
peedenmark7 38,890
(Game 9)
zylon 11,300
Current scores- Game 0
15,820 zylon
11,270 peedenmark7
11,070 phuzaxeman
9,530 roadrunner
Game 9 bonus-
3,390 roadrunner
Standings:
darthkur - 50
RangerG - 39
zylon -29
peedenmark7 - 26
roadrunner - 25
atariron82 - 18
phuzaxeman - 17
MrBubble - 15
King_Salamon - 11

I want to clarify things for this particular game. I just want to make sure were on the same level here. I noticed peedenmark7 has the record for 38,890. I went to see the picture on the link and noticed that his score was on easy level. You can tell its easy level because the font color of the score and level are both yellow. To get easy level, you press *.

Default of this game is level 0 (you can press start after your game loads up). You'll see "level 0" in blue. If you press "0" on the gamepad, you'll get also the default and level 0 is also blue.

Now I pointed this out with Darthkur which he acknowledged in his last score. We can keep peedenmark7 high score at 38,890 but the level should be documented "easy" mode or "*" mode (manual says easy mode). There is a big difference between level 0 default and * mode.

Here's the link:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/184682-5200-hsc-season-4-round-11-special-round/page-2?hl=galaxian

Sorry to cause confusion but we need to clarify this. It's like comparing centipede easy vs standard levels. Like Darth said, he didn't know there were so many options and this was the case as well. We could have a level 0 (blue/default), level 0 (yellow/easy), and a level 9.

post-28653-0-04336300-1311441239.jpg

Edited by phuzaxeman
  • Like 1

So if the score is a different color than the difficulty number , we are on wrong mode ?

I turn the machine on and play whatever comes up unless we are being prompted to play another game by number.

so zero is not zero ?

I know this my pic is shot on an angle, but I can see from the pic that the Zero is a different color than the score.

I wonder if I have another pic of it. I usually take 2 pics one with phone and one with floppy camera, but out of town with limited internet access. done after this post unless I can text pics and get the wife to post while I am away

If I am wrong I am fine with distinguishing between options, but again, not seeing that on my end,

The color of both the score and level 0 are the same (shade of yellow). That's not the default setting.

I can also tell that it's easy mode when you stated that you didn't die until 30K. On level 0 blue, that's almost impossible. I've been playing 5200 Galaxian for a long time.

It's not that you're wrong, it's just we need to coordinate scores with the corresponding level.

Having a level 0 (yellow/easy), level 0 (blue/default), and level 9 are my suggestions. No disrespect to your great score.

Edited by phuzaxeman

In the meantime, I have researched and found what would be the true HSC record for the default game. This was 2nd place in the round where the previous record was recorded. All scores that were higher than this were on easy, according to the photos.

2(9pts)- 30,400 zylon

It seems a lot goes on here while I'm at work.

Edited by zylon