IGNORED

The Positive NES Classic Thread

Count me in I have one. I don't intend to bust it open, but if I can find a 2nd one I would. Doesn't feel right shredding up a gift. :)

Still have no idea what you're on about with audio lag though.

Well...that's mostly because you haven't opened it up and played it.

Go check out some of the youtube reviews and you'll see what I'm talking about. The easiest way to experience it is to fire up SMB and simply jump: you'll see Mario jump up and a fraction of a second later, hear the 'boing' noise he makes. The audio lags the video. I've heard some tvs are worse in this aspect than others, and I'm thinking it's an HDMI thing. But maybe not.

That's why I'm interested to see if anyone who has done the game hack mod to see if the loaded games exhibit the same lag.

Anybody check yet? I don't leave messages on youtube so I can't ask there, thought maybe some brave souls here have done the mod.

There's a post in the thread over at gbatemp that does in fact have a user updated google drive excel sheet going which is mostly filled out for the US side for licensed/unlicensed and more is being added around it for regions and all that.

It appears US side you have around I think a 95% usability factor going into it. Almost every licensed game works, select very few don't, but more of the garbage unlicensed stuff have problems dragging the percentage down. Japan should end up being the worst as they went through quite a few special company made mappers, but on the other side FDS games work, so that's a plus too.

I'm still of the belief if/when I do it, I'll stay away from pages of it, it's too much and I'd never use the stuff. Loading up at the very minimum my current library of NES and (when not with special mapper) Famicom games would be mostly it, then round out the edges with other entries into popular franchises like Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3 to go with 1 which I don't own on NES but SNES. Yet I do have all 3 Turtles games so I'd stuff that on there already, same with Contra to their SuperC.

Link?

Here's the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QTRTPODrhE5X55EciFsiQZaa-xVGlSD73Rt26Nd2rk0/edit#gid=587784428

This is an up to date as people add to it list of every game that 100% works, works but has some minor problem (like say a glitched title screen), or just don't work at all and with notes why. All this is hakchi2 tested ROM loads to the Nintendo Classic Edition.

• Like 1

My brother managed to get one of these the other day. He'd stopped in at a Gamestop he's a regular at for unrelated Xbox stuff. When he got to the counter, the clerk checked to make sure the other group in the store wasn't listening, then leaned in and whispered "do you want an NES Mini?" Turned out they'd gotten a couple in, but rather than put them out & deal with an instant sellout and angry people who missed it, they were keeping them in the back & only bringing them out on request.

The moral of the story is: be good to the clerks at the stores you frequent. They'll hook you up sometimes.

My brother managed to get one of these the other day. He'd stopped in at a Gamestop he's a regular at for unrelated Xbox stuff. When he got to the counter, the clerk checked to make sure the other group in the store wasn't listening, then leaned in and whispered "do you want an NES Mini?" Turned out they'd gotten a couple in, but rather than put them out & deal with an instant sellout and angry people who missed it, they were keeping them in the back & only bringing them out on request.

The moral of the story is: be good to the clerks at the stores you frequent. They'll hook you up sometimes.

nice

I managed to snag one about a week and a half ago. I wasn't going to hack mine, but couldn't resist after watching a few YouTube videos. But after its hacked, there is so much more value to the unit. I've been wanting a cheaper alternative to buying an Everdrive or PowerPak for my NES to play Homebrews and Hacks. Blade Buster is now one of my favorite killer apps for the Classic. But now I want to snag the AVS even more than before since I've seen what NES games look through HDMI. My two NES Toasters are so much more temperamental than my 2600Jr or 7800Pro. Plus I feel the need to buy the Blade Buster cart. I like supporting the hombrew guys.

But easily the best feature about the Classic is that it's so portable, I bought the licensed carry case for when I go on vacation, or go to friends houses for game nights. I only wish the freaking cord on the controllers were longer.

I wanted one when they announced it, I already own a toaster and a top loader,they mostly sit on the shelf. Once I saw they hacked it to play more games it became a "must have", paid $100 for one from a guy on craigslist who claimed he ordered one on amazon but got one in store before he got the one he pre-ordered, so I paid an extra $40 finders fee after I had told myself I would find one for retail, my patience broke once we got to Feb with it still being scarce.

I played it once after I got it before I ran the hack, it currently has 665 games on it, I have already ran the hack twice to remove some games I won't play or they were zapper games. I think I will end up trying quite a few games I never got the chance to play, then slim down the game count to what I will actually play.

Super small and super convenient, I only have one crt tv left in my house so this being hdmi and the size make moving it around the house to an open tv a breeze, I have an 8bitdo nes 30 pro, I am looking to get the bluetooth receiver for it and then I am set.

That's because Nintendo told various outlets around that more would be arriving anytime. Check amazon, best buy, etc anyone who puts up a 'coming soon' date and I can't remember if it was this month or next but a large supply are due given it's not just one store throwing it up there. The scalpers are getting desperate because once people can pick them up easily they'll have no margins left. Best to dump the stuff and make $30 now than lose $20 in fees later.