Photo

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2017 (Season 10)

Where Action 52 is tops the Game.com beats the N64 and Kaboom usually wins

783 replies to this topic

#776 karokoenig OFFLINE  

karokoenig

Stargunner

• 1,987 posts

Posted Today, 4:38 AM

Pong (1st Gen)

10 minutes

Atari 2600

Crystal Castles: 30 min

Took the Pong console to work and played a few rounds with two of my colleagues. Fun.

Crystal Castles was played in the Bronze Medal bracket of the HSC. I lost against Mr VCS, who came up with a really decent score.

#777 oyamafamily OFFLINE  

oyamafamily

River Patroller

• 2,622 posts

Posted Today, 6:13 AM

ATARI 2600:

Double Dunk - 8 minutes

Missile Command - 54 minutes

Planet Patrol - 156 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Galaga - 10 minutes

Moon Cresta - 15 minutes

Planet Patrol was my game for the 1st round of 2600 NEW HSC Season 6 Gold Medal Tournament. The battle between me and KaeruYojimbo was tough!

And Moon Cresta was played for the 2nd round of 7800 HSC Season 2017-2017, which I started at the lowest positions.

#778 Atarian7 OFFLINE  

Atarian7

River Patroller

• 3,183 posts

Posted Today, 6:28 AM

Pong (1st Gen)

10 minutes

Atari 2600

Crystal Castles: 30 min

Took the Pong console to work and played a few rounds with two of my colleagues. Fun.

Crystal Castles was played in the Bronze Medal bracket of the HSC. I lost against Mr VCS, who came up with a really decent score.

What do you mean you lost?   There's still over 15 hours to go.  LOL

Edited by Atarian7, Today, 6:28 AM.

#779 oyamafamily OFFLINE  

oyamafamily

River Patroller

• 2,622 posts

Posted Today, 6:28 AM

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) 2600 Missile Command from ProSystem Console - 267,210 points on Game 16B just for fun

20170919_213505.jpg

2) Planet Patrol gameplay video for 2600 NEW HSC Season 6 Gold Medal Tournament, Round 1 - 17,900 points on Game 1B

#780 Karyyk OFFLINE  

Karyyk

Dragonstomper

• 538 posts

Posted Today, 9:35 AM

This is the first time posting times, but since I'm actively trying to play more of my older games (all work and no play make me a very dull boy), this would seem to be a good way to get into that habit.

I don't have much to post this week...but it is better than nothing.

Atari Jaguar

Defender 2000 - 67 Minutes

PC (MS-DOS)

Rise of the Triad - 5 Minutes

#781 karokoenig OFFLINE  

karokoenig

Stargunner

• 1,987 posts

Posted Today, 11:23 AM

What do you mean you lost?   There's still over 15 hours to go.  LOL

Technically yes. But I just don't have the time to sit down for an hour or so and figure out strategies to get past certain levels. All I could manage was squeezing in 10 minutes each here and there. September is always bad gaming-wise, because there is so much stuff going on in the job.

#782 zylon OFFLINE  

zylon

Quadrunner

• 6,047 posts
  • 5200 HSC Mod

Posted Today, 12:38 PM

5200-

Zaxxon- 20min

Genesis-

Phantasy Star II- 4hrs 46min Completed

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7793.JPG
  • IMG_7794.JPG
  • IMG_7795.JPG

#783 Kurt_Woloch OFFLINE  

Kurt_Woloch

Stargunner

• 1,210 posts

Posted Today, 2:30 PM

Here are my times for this past week (September 18th through 24th)...

Arcade:

Centipede - 2 min.

Gyruss - 75 min.

Missile command - 4 min.

Q*bert - 180 min. in 6 sessions

Q*bert's Qubes - 16 min.

Atari 2600:

Gyruss - 17 min.

Panky the Panda - 13 min. in 3 sessions

Colecovision:

Gyruss - 15 min.

Commodore 64:

Gyruss - 55 min.

Juice - 85 min.

non-eligible:

Rubik's Cube - 27 min. in 2 sessions

Stockstream - 48 min.

Odyssey^2:

Q*bert - 51 min. in 2 sessions

Online (non-eligible):

Robot wants Kitty - 30 min.

Robot wants Puppy - 52 min.

Robot wants Fishy - 89 min.

SPAR Wandercup - 6 min.

I continued to play Gyruss, but hit a brick wall in what I was able to achieve in the original arcade version, so I tried some other versions. The Colecovision one is off... the enemies are small and fast, and your shots are fast as well, but it's still hard. The Atari 2600 version is actually a bit truer to the original other than it's simplified in that the enemy formation is invisible (and unshootable). The C-64 version is what I know from back in the day, and it's quite a bit easier than the arcade original since the meteors (or asteroids?) are slower and don't come up nearly as often, and the enemy fire doesn't speed up during the game. In this version I reached the Earth, after which the game restarts from stage 01 (yes, even the stage numbers reset), only the score stays the same. After that; I also tried the Odyssey^2 port of Q*bert which is quite a bit different to the arcade. In later levels you don't get as many flying discs because there's at most 3 on screen at any one time, but to make up for that, you get many green balls.

After that, I played some variants of Q*Bert. I actually managed to beat the arcade original. It doesn't have an ending, but after finishing Level 9, Level 9 repeats, and I got that far in a 43 minute game. I also played the Q*bert variant "Juice" on the C-64 until I had the feeling I couldn't get any further Here there's a time limit instead of limiting the number of flying discs, and at some point you can't finish the level fast enough to go on. I also replayed the sequel Q*bert's Qubes, but didn't get as far as I hoped, so I only played a single game of it.

Then I briefly played "Centipede" and "Missile Command" which have been reworked as online games using "Focal Emulation". That is, I guess these are recompilations of the arcade ROM's, but they somewhat hacked the controls since both games can now be played with the mouse.

Then I tried "Panky the Panda" which is finished by now, but didn't get very far.

As for online games, I completed the first three parts of the "Robot wants..." series which is available as online games, but each sequel takes longer to finished than the previous episode. I also played an online game on the Spar homepage called "Wandercup" (wandering cup) where you play a bear collecting various food products which come scrolling at you (a bit like "Stampede") while avoiding rocks and answering questions about the products you collect. You have a time limit, but for each correctly answered question 10 seconds get added.

As for other non-eligible games, I solved Rubik's Cube some more times, and I'm getting better at it, now consistently getting times of less than 5 minutes. I also took part in Stockstream, the multiplayer stock trading "game".

#784 thegoldenband OFFLINE  

thegoldenband

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,207 posts

Posted Today, 5:55 PM

My times for the week:

Atari 2600:
Airlock (PAL version) - 51 min.

Genesis:
Family Feud - 39 min.

Beat the PAL version of Airlock, which turns out to be significantly different from the NTSC version, with upgraded graphics...and a nearly game-breaking bug. Still, it wasn't enough to keep me from defeating the game on its hardest settings, which requires selecting Game 3 and (like other Data Age games) putting the difficulty switch in the counterintuitive B position.

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users