IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2017 (Season 10)

ATARI 2600:

Double Dunk - 8 minutes

Missile Command - 54 minutes

Planet Patrol - 156 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Galaga - 10 minutes

Moon Cresta - 15 minutes

Planet Patrol was my game for the 1st round of 2600 NEW HSC Season 6 Gold Medal Tournament. The battle between me and KaeruYojimbo was tough!

And Moon Cresta was played for the 2nd round of 7800 HSC Season 2017-2017, which I started at the lowest positions.

• Like 4

Pong (1st Gen)

10 minutes

Atari 2600

Crystal Castles: 30 min

Took the Pong console to work and played a few rounds with two of my colleagues. Fun.

Crystal Castles was played in the Bronze Medal bracket of the HSC. I lost against Mr VCS, who came up with a really decent score.

What do you mean you lost? There's still over 15 hours to go. LOL

Edited by Atarian7
  • Like 2

This is the first time posting times, but since I'm actively trying to play more of my older games (all work and no play make me a very dull boy), this would seem to be a good way to get into that habit.

I don't have much to post this week...but it is better than nothing.

Atari Jaguar

Defender 2000 - 67 Minutes

PC (MS-DOS)

Rise of the Triad - 5 Minutes

• Like 5

What do you mean you lost? There's still over 15 hours to go. LOL

Technically yes. But I just don't have the time to sit down for an hour or so and figure out strategies to get past certain levels. All I could manage was squeezing in 10 minutes each here and there. September is always bad gaming-wise, because there is so much stuff going on in the job.

• Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (September 18th through 24th)...

Arcade:

Centipede - 2 min.

Gyruss - 75 min.

Missile command - 4 min.

Q*bert - 180 min. in 6 sessions

Q*bert's Qubes - 16 min.

Atari 2600:

Gyruss - 17 min.

Panky the Panda - 13 min. in 3 sessions

Colecovision:

Gyruss - 15 min.

Commodore 64:

Gyruss - 55 min.

Juice - 85 min.

non-eligible:

Rubik's Cube - 27 min. in 2 sessions

Stockstream - 48 min.

Odyssey^2:

Q*bert - 51 min. in 2 sessions

Online (non-eligible):

Robot wants Kitty - 30 min.

Robot wants Puppy - 52 min.

Robot wants Fishy - 89 min.

SPAR Wandercup - 6 min.

I continued to play Gyruss, but hit a brick wall in what I was able to achieve in the original arcade version, so I tried some other versions. The Colecovision one is off... the enemies are small and fast, and your shots are fast as well, but it's still hard. The Atari 2600 version is actually a bit truer to the original other than it's simplified in that the enemy formation is invisible (and unshootable). The C-64 version is what I know from back in the day, and it's quite a bit easier than the arcade original since the meteors (or asteroids?) are slower and don't come up nearly as often, and the enemy fire doesn't speed up during the game. In this version I reached the Earth, after which the game restarts from stage 01 (yes, even the stage numbers reset), only the score stays the same. After that; I also tried the Odyssey^2 port of Q*bert which is quite a bit different to the arcade. In later levels you don't get as many flying discs because there's at most 3 on screen at any one time, but to make up for that, you get many green balls.

After that, I played some variants of Q*Bert. I actually managed to beat the arcade original. It doesn't have an ending, but after finishing Level 9, Level 9 repeats, and I got that far in a 43 minute game. I also played the Q*bert variant "Juice" on the C-64 until I had the feeling I couldn't get any further Here there's a time limit instead of limiting the number of flying discs, and at some point you can't finish the level fast enough to go on. I also replayed the sequel Q*bert's Qubes, but didn't get as far as I hoped, so I only played a single game of it.

Then I briefly played "Centipede" and "Missile Command" which have been reworked as online games using "Focal Emulation". That is, I guess these are recompilations of the arcade ROM's, but they somewhat hacked the controls since both games can now be played with the mouse.

Then I tried "Panky the Panda" which is finished by now, but didn't get very far.

As for online games, I completed the first three parts of the "Robot wants..." series which is available as online games, but each sequel takes longer to finished than the previous episode. I also played an online game on the Spar homepage called "Wandercup" (wandering cup) where you play a bear collecting various food products which come scrolling at you (a bit like "Stampede") while avoiding rocks and answering questions about the products you collect. You have a time limit, but for each correctly answered question 10 seconds get added.

As for other non-eligible games, I solved Rubik's Cube some more times, and I'm getting better at it, now consistently getting times of less than 5 minutes. I also took part in Stockstream, the multiplayer stock trading "game".

• Like 4

My times for the week:

Atari 2600:
Airlock (PAL version) - 51 min.
Genesis:
Family Feud - 39 min.
Beat the PAL version of Airlock, which turns out to be significantly different from the NTSC version, with upgraded graphics...and a nearly game-breaking bug. Still, it wasn't enough to keep me from defeating the game on its hardest settings, which requires selecting Game 3 and (like other Data Age games) putting the difficulty switch in the counterintuitive B position.
  • Like 5

Not the most eventful week for gaming around here this past week, but at least there was a little more tracker eligible time than the last few! :)

aYkKhgQ.jpg

Ineligible
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo Wii) - 208 minutes
Miitopia Demo (Nintendo 3DS) - 173 minutes
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (Nintendo 3DS) - 43 minutes
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Nintendo Wii) - 656 minutes
Sonic Generations (Nintendo 3DS) - 36 minutes
StreetPass Mii Plaza (Nintendo 3DS) - 84 minutes

Arcade
Pac-Man (Played on Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions for Nintendo 3DS) - 19 minutes

Game Boy
Mega Man IV (Emulated on Nintendo 3DS) - 20 minutes
Mortal Kombat II - 12 minutes
Pipe Dream - 24 minutes

Game Boy Color
Duke Nukem - 19 minutes
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - 112 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
1,405 minutes (23 hours 25 minutes) [205 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Wii: 864 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 336 minutes
Game Boy Color: 130 minutes
Game Boy: 56 minutes
Arcade: 19 minutes

This week was a much smaller week for gaming than the past few have been around here, with my gaming time largely consisting of just dinking around on my 3DS and Game Boy Color a bit here and there until I finally decided to start in on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii and commit to actually finishing it this time. I played Twilight Princess for probably 40 or so hours last year but ended up getting distracted by some other games and never went back to finish it, so this year I started a new game from the very beginning and I am going to finish this 60 hours gaming epic this time; darn it! I've also been slowly but surely working on finishing The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages on the Game Boy Color, but I've kind of lost interest in playing Game Boy games for the time being so I might put that one off until I get through Twilight Princess; if I can handle any more Zelda by the time it's done that is. :lol:

As far as the misses' gaming time this past week goes she really just played Resident Evil 4 and that was it. She spent much of the week working on her second play through of RE 4 and working towards stockpiling enough money in the game to buy the Infinite Rocket Launcher and Infinite Chicago Typewriter weapons that she unlocked by beating the game the first time around, which she eventually did a few days ago, then as far as I can tell she just sorta lost interest in the game after she had unlocked and bought all the stuff she wanted to get. Speaking of wanting to get stuff in games, after 24 days of playing the StreetPass Mii Plaza games on my 3DS I finally unlocked the one accessory I had been wanting for my Mii character since I first got my New 3DS: The Kitsune Suit! While that may not sound very exciting to most people it was something I had been working towards getting for the past month, so when I finally got it yesterday I was pretty thrilled. You can see it on my Mii in the picture above. :thumbsup:

Well, I think that's about it for this week! Next week I plan to continue playing through The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and trying to get in a few more tracker eligible games as well, and for once I've honestly got no idea what my wife will be playing next. She seems done with Resident Evil 4 at this point, but fortunately we have no shortage of other games to choose from. Until next week, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours!

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 38, running from September 18 - 24. We logged 2208 minutes of eligible play, playing 51 games on a total of 16 systems.

Top 10:

1. Phantasy Star II (Genesis) - 286

2. Q*Bert (Arcade) - 180

3. Planet Patrol (Atari 2600) - 156

4. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 154

5. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 130

6. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Game Boy Color) - 112

7. Juice (C64) - 85

8. Blinky Goes Up (Atari 2600) - 80

9. Gyruss (Arcade) - 75

10. Defender 2000 (Atari Jaguar) - 67

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Q*Bert (Arcade) - 180

2. Planet Patrol (Atari 2600) - 156

3. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 154

4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 130

5. Juice (C64) - 85

6. Blinky Goes Up (Atari 2600) - 80

7. Gyruss (Arcade) - 75

8. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 59

9. Gwendolyn (C64) - 57

10. Gyruss (C64) - 55

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (868)

2. Genesis (325)

3. Arcade (296)

4. C64 (197)

5. Game Boy Color (131)

6. Amiga (88)

7. Atari Jaguar (67)

8. Game Boy (56)

9. Odyssey^2 (51)

10. Atari 8-bit (29)

Phantasy Star II marks its third consecutive week at the top, while the arcade game Q*Bert claims the summit of the pre-NES chart; meanwhile, the Atari 2600 gets the system crown by a wide margin. Ergo, three different charts, three different platforms, which is always nice.

Q*Bert also reaches the 1000-minute club, as does the VCS homebrew Hunchy II. Between them, they claim spots #300 and #301 in that elite cadre, with 1178 and 1008 minutes logged to date respectively.

• Like 5

ATARI 7800:

Centipede - 10 minutes

Summer Games - 1 minute

ATARI 2600:

Dishaster - 48 minutes

Frostbite - 22 minutes

Plaque Attack - 60 minutes

Activision's Plaque Attack was my game for the 2nd Round of 2600 NEW HSC Season 6 Gold Medal Tournament. My opponent for this week is Diamonds.

If I advance to the Finals, my opponent will be Snakeboy or Vocelli.

And while the next round of Gold Medal doesn't start, I played 2 games for 2600 with my ProSystem Console just for fun: Frostbite and Dishaster.

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) Plaque Attack for 2600 NEW HSC Season 6 Gold Medal Round 2 - 65,295 points on Game 1 B/B

2) Frostbite - 263,210 points on Game 1

post-24681-0-99403900-1506857955_thumb.jpg

3) Dishaster - 115,540 points on Skill 2 (Medium)

post-24681-0-60490700-1506857997_thumb.jpg

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 4

Dreamcast:

Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 - 300 minutes

Well, this week wasn't too exciting game-wise but whatever. The one and only game which I have that counts is PSOv2 - I got a few dudes I know to get online with me, and we all ended up playing together for a while. They had started with new characters, so I dug up another VMU so I can make a new character to play with - they had no clue how to do anything so after half an hour of awkwardly typing on the DC controller (I'm starting to really consider buying that keyboard...) they got it down and we played through the first few bits until they had to get off.

So yeah, that's about it. For next week I'm thinking of starting up random horror games as it is October, maybe go over some of the real early PC-6001/88 titles, Sweet Home, and some PS1 stuff? I haven't really done a "themed" month that I can remember anyways, so this could be kinda cool to do.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (December 16th through 30th September 25th through October 1st)...

Commodore 64:

Q*bert - 24 min.

Intellivision:

Q*Bert - 16 min.

Non-eligible:

Rubik's Cube - 25 min.

Online (non-eligible):

Robot wants ice cream - 42

Snailiad - 291 min.

Stockstream - 601 min.

My main game this week was "Snailiad", a platform game divided in several rooms where you play as a snail which has to defeat various bosses with increasing equipment which can be found throughout the area, but you have to unlock the area step by step by killing the bosses and collecting the items which are already available.

Then I "played" Stockstream for about 10 hours (which I already described in the last weeks).

Another platformer I completed was "Robot wants ice cream", the last installment of the "Robot wants..." series I hadn't finished yet.

Apart from that, I replayed the Intellivision and C-64 versions of Q*bert, but didn't get as far as on the arcade version. The Intellisivion has got a faster snake chasing you and a less forgiving collision detection. The C-64 version is truer to the arcade, but doesn't have the DIP switch settings giving you more extra lives, so the game ended at Level 5 there as well.

I also solved Rubik's Cube twice, but in my first attempt I screwed up with a wrongly executed move destroying most of my progress so that I pretty much had to start over. The 2nd attempt went better than that, however.

• Like 4

Amiga OCS:

Pinball Dreams: Steel Wheel - 13 min.

Atari 2600:

Asteroids - 4 min.

Bowling - 4 min.

Atari 8-bit:

Gateway to Apshai - 23 min.

Nothing spectacular: some game testing and some HSC. We held Retrogathering this weekend, but this time I had 0 minutes to spend on either of the 25+ different game systems and the half dozen arcade games we had set up.

• Like 4

My times for the week:

NES:

Jajamaru Gekimaden: Maboroshi no Kinmajou - 115 min.

The Last Starfighter - 29 min.

Star Voyager - 282 min.

Beat Star Voyager (for the second time), and started working on an action RPG that the fan-translation dubs "Ninja Jajamaru: Legend of a Demon's Attack".

• Like 5