• 73 posts

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:13 AM

1 Gold for my ATARI 400 PAL, please.

#27 Foster OFFLINE  

Foster

Chopper Commander

• 125 posts

Posted Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:22 PM

Now this looks REALLY impressive!!  Please put me down for 1 Gold (ATARI 400/NTSC).  Thanks for sharing your fine work with the community.

#28 tf_hh OFFLINE  

tf_hh

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 767 posts

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:04 AM

Hi,

a few weeks ago I built one of Bryan´s UAV mod into an 800 XL for an ABBUC member and was absolutely excited about the picture quality. At this time my prototype for the new CPU card was already ordered by PCB house.

So I ask Bryan, if I could integrate his superb UAV solution on my new CPU card and he said yes... :)

THANK YOU Bryan for shared your fine solution!

Grateful I want now to announce that all ordered Super Color CPU Cards will be equipped with the UAV solution for video-out instead my own circuit to provide the best, non FPGA-based picture quality ever possible.

Of course this will imply some delay in my suggested time schedule. I got the schematics from Bryan today, have to change my drawings and PCB. First I will order one prototype... at this size with ENIG thge PCBs are too expensive to play on risk, and errors are human. Depending on my spare time I suggest that first boards can be shipped out in the mid of march. If anybody who ordered and paid already won´t wait so long, no problem, just drop a note and I will refund the money.

Thanks to all for support!

Jurgen

#29 Foster OFFLINE  

Foster

Chopper Commander

• 125 posts

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:11 AM

This is exciting news!!  ....and is certainly worth the delay imo.  Many thanks to Bryan for sharing his design!  Thank you Jurgen for incorporating this and delivering an even better solution!!

#30 vazquezrick OFFLINE  

vazquezrick

Chopper Commander

• 212 posts

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:17 PM

Awesome, I can wait for mine.

#31 tuf OFFLINE  

tuf

Chopper Commander

• 245 posts

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:51 AM

Put me down for a gold 800 board, NTSC.

Thanks!!

#32 Android8675 OFFLINE  

Android8675

Moonsweeper

• 439 posts
  • Incognito'N

Posted Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:27 PM

Can't wait for this card

a few weeks ago I built one of Bryan´s UAV mod into an 800 XL for an ABBUC member and was absolutely excited about the picture quality. At this time my prototype for the new CPU card was already ordered by PCB house.

So I ask Bryan, if I could integrate his superb UAV solution on my new CPU card and he said yes... :)

I can't wait to get this card. I hope it'll resolve all my 800 woes, and if it doesn't I'll just have to find another 800.

Edited by Android8675, Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:28 PM.

#33 Kyle22 OFFLINE  

Kyle22

River Patroller

• 3,890 posts
  • Call my BBS! telnet://broadway1.lorexddns.net

Posted Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:46 PM

So, if I understand correctly: This card will do PAL, and also use a normal 6502B (or in my case, a 65c802)?

#34 tf_hh OFFLINE  

tf_hh

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 767 posts

Posted Wed Feb 1, 2017 12:02 AM

So, if I understand correctly: This card will do PAL, and also use a normal 6502B (or in my case, a 65c802)?

I didn´t know about a 65C802 CPU (only 65C816), but it should run. My board supports both types of CPU, the unmodified, genuine MOS one (6502B, the B indicates max. 2 MHz clock) and the for Atari specialized modell 6502C with additional HALT signal.

Also you can use PAL (i.e.my board has the needed parts for generating the PAL color sync signal for the GTIA) or NTSC - not depending on which CPU-type you use.

#35 Stormbringer OFFLINE  

Stormbringer

Chopper Commander

• 212 posts

Posted Wed Feb 1, 2017 2:44 PM

Is there any way of designing this so we can put both pal / ntsc chips on the board and select between the two?

#36 Frankie OFFLINE  

Frankie

Moonsweeper

• 482 posts

Posted Wed Feb 1, 2017 4:42 PM

Can we still put in a order? I would like one gold 800 NTSC.

Frank

#37 Kyle22 OFFLINE  

Kyle22

River Patroller

• 3,890 posts

Posted Thu Feb 2, 2017 1:15 AM

Is there any way of designing this so we can put both pal / ntsc chips on the board and select between the two?

Unfortunately, No.  You'd need to switch out almost all pins of ANTIC/GTIA to achieve a switchable PAL/NTSC system.

#38 Kyle22 OFFLINE  

Kyle22

River Patroller

• 3,890 posts

Posted Thu Feb 2, 2017 1:17 AM

I would also like one.  I think I can cut a few corners on other things and come up with enough cash for this. :)

#39 tf_hh OFFLINE  

tf_hh

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 767 posts

Posted Thu Feb 2, 2017 3:30 AM

I´ve make some thoughts about while starting the project, too. But main problem is the ANTIC. ANTIC is not only a video-chip, it´s a complete CPU also. To have two GTIAs in one system isn´t a problem, because the GTIA has a Chip_Enable input. Only the outputs for video and frequency generation must be switched - 8 signals at all. On the other hand, at the ANTIC chip nearly all pins must be switched, at least 24 for address- and datalines. Too much additional stuff, too much parts. IMHO.

#40 Stormbringer OFFLINE  

Stormbringer

Chopper Commander

• 212 posts

Posted Mon Feb 6, 2017 9:58 AM

2 Gold for me, please :)

Edited by Stormbringer, Mon Feb 6, 2017 10:01 AM.

#41 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Stargunner

• 1,034 posts

Posted Mon Feb 6, 2017 11:06 AM

2 gold please

#42 adam242 OFFLINE  

adam242

Stargunner

• 1,004 posts

Posted Mon Feb 6, 2017 10:38 PM

I would be very, very interested in this! This theoretical board, coupled with an Incognito, would create the ULTIMATE Atari 8-bit.

#43 tf_hh OFFLINE  

tf_hh

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 767 posts

Posted Tue Feb 7, 2017 1:48 AM

I would be very, very interested in this! This theoretical board, coupled with an Incognito, would create the ULTIMATE Atari 8-bit.

Maybe later. There´s a new challenge for something like a hybrid CPU card with good video (UAV)... the space on the PCB. Five DIP40 chips plus a lot of other components must fit - and requirements for different voltage paths etc. must be meet. One step to the other... :)

#44 Sleepy OFFLINE  

Sleepy

Moonsweeper

• 346 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:37 AM

Uups, sadly I read first today... can I still place an order?

Sleeπ 

#45 tf_hh OFFLINE  

tf_hh

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 767 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:43 PM

Uups, sadly I read first today... can I still place an order?

Yes, some left. Sent you an email in görmän :-D

#46 commander OFFLINE  

commander

Star Raider

• 76 posts

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:47 PM

please put me on the list with 1x gold

hope it will work, because I am late

thanks from germany

#47 SenorRossie ONLINE  

SenorRossie

Star Raider

• 70 posts
  • Rediscovering the atari 8bit after 30 orso years
  • Location:Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, The Netherlands, Flevoland, Almere

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:47 AM

Also late to this party, although I have a great excuse: I just got a 400 to play with :)

If there are any gold ones left, I'd like one please.

#48 tf_hh OFFLINE  

tf_hh

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 767 posts

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:27 AM

Hi,

just want let you know that the prototype board (needed again a prototype after adding the UAV circuit) has arrived two days ago and yesterday I successfully assemble one. All is fine. Now I will order the PCBs in the amount of orders and start assembling. All parts already at my home. Purchasers will be kept informed as usual by email.

BR Jurgen

SCCC_2.jpg

SCCC_1.jpg

P.S.: There´s a little bug in the markings of the both pads between CPU and ANTIC... Can´t find the reason why I miss that so much, but of course the IRQ and HALT pads are made for connecting the Incognito, not VBXE... :?

#49 Marius OFFLINE  

Marius

River Patroller

• 4,829 posts

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:46 AM

Amazing!

#50 Dub OFFLINE  

Dub

Space Invader

• 19 posts

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:05 AM

2 gold please  :) Not too late I hope?

Edited by Dub, Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:07 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CVBS, S-Video, Mod, Atari 400, Atari 800

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users