Happy New Year!
2017 has started and with it comes a new version of the IntyBASIC SDK for Windows. The new year is off to a good start so far.
I know I've made you all wait long enough, and in fact this version of the SDK has been (mostly) ready since Summer 2015 waiting for me to complete the Mac version. So, in the interest of advancing the state-of-the-art as we go along, I've decided to release what I have ready. Sorry Mac users, you will have to wait a bit longer.
This edition adds many fixes to the tools discovered on the first release and adds a host of new features. One notable new addition is a default Mattel-style title screen with the name of the program and copyright notice with the author's name. New projects created will include this title screen automatically unless explicitly suppressed.
It also includes the latest version of IntyBASIC and its libraries and the latest build tools from the SDK-1600.
Needless to say, we've heard all the comments and feedback, and we've tried hard to make this version of the SDK even easier to use and more powerful.
If you are a brand new user, you just download and install the SDK and off you go. If you have an earlier version of the SDK, you can just uninstall it and install the new one. The installer will automatically detect a previous version and attempt to uninstall it first.
The SDK has always been designed with future updates in mind, so it should be completely safe to replace older versions with newer ones. When uninstalling, all folders will be removed except the "Projects" folder, which should carry on to the next version. If you made any modifications to any files of the distribution, they will also not be removed. However, they will be replaced automatically with newer versions when you upgrade.
You can get the latest version of the SDK in the official IntyBASIC SDK thread. Like always, if you have any questions or problems, just post them here.
- Added infinite loop to INTYNEW template to avoid “falling through” at the end.
- Users can now select destination folder during installation.
- INTYDBUG did not enable the debugger correctly.
- Updated all tools to support usage help invocation.
- Updated INTYNEW to accept “Author” argument and generate default Mattel-style title screen.
- Fixed argument extraction bugs in tools.
- Added new program “classic” to demonstrate the default classic title screen, in “Examples” folder.
- Added new option to INTYNEW to suppress default title screen.
- Updated to the latest version of IntyBASIC distribution (v1.2..
- Updated to the latest version of the SDK-1600 binary tools.
- Included the latest “constants.bas” library file (v1.24F).
- Added support for Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- ... and more!
Edited by DZ-Jay, Sun Jan 8, 2017 7:37 AM.