IGNORED

FlashROM 99 3d printed case

evg2000

Nice case! I like the little open drawer at the front that looks to be a place to put your fingers to pull it out of the TI. If that really is the purpose, you might want to make the base of that wall thicker than the top (turn it into a bit of a right triangle using the bottom and the front as the right angle of the triangle). That will significantly increase the strength of that part of the case. It is definitely nice as is though!

• Like 1

Nice case!

I made the mistake of socketing all the chips when I built my FR99, and then found out that now the front end was too high to fit in the slot if I have the board in a case. Sooo, I used the bottom of the case I had already purchased and made a custom partial cover for it. It works :) That 3D printer is coming real handy lately!

post-25753-0-21551100-1484093577_thumb.jpg

post-25753-0-62464500-1484093591_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

ok i printed this and how in the heck do you get the board in, the chips/caps hit the top of it when you are trying to wedge it in

Yeah, I'd like to know too. I printed one of these a while back and it sure doesn't seem to fit my board. My SD card holder is also mounted significantly further from the main board than it is on your board. I'm going to replace my reader board at some point soon anyway, but I'll still have the issue of the components in the front hitting.