27 replies to this topic

#26 patrick99e99 OFFLINE  

patrick99e99

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted Mon Apr 3, 2017 8:51 PM

If I leave .lpc option , nothing happens

If I select .bin option a zero byte file gets saved.

Ah!  Sorry.. Ok I was only testing saving after loading .lpc files...  I found the bug, fixed it, and have updated the code & prebuilt binary.  Let me know if you have any other issues, problems, or requests.

#27 Doctor Hue OFFLINE  

Doctor Hue

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Wed Apr 5, 2017 12:31 PM

... Let me know if you have any other issues, problems, or requests.

Thanks Patrick, works like a dream now!

You have an "Excitation Only" check box, might be interesting to have a "Noise Only" check box ( produces whispers ).

I've always been fascinated by the Cybermen voices used in the science fiction BBC TV 1967, Patrick Troghton era, Dr. Who story "Tomb of the Cybermen"; they where the most scariest versions of the Cybermen ( in Black & White on a 405 line receiver). I spoke to the guy who created the voices and he told me that they sent a pulse/square wave to a small speaker which was placed in the mouth of the actor who then 'mouthed' the words to produce the effect. I've attached a .wav file from one of the 1967 episodes.

It would be good if you could re-create that effect. I think you've just got to set the Pitch Exciter to a fixed frequency. Have no "noise" and just use the vocal tract K filter. I think the pitch of the .wav file is around 1200 Hz although it would be nice to be able to set the fixed frequency to any value.

Attached File  Tomb-24k.wav   2.44MB   12 downloads

Edited by Doctor Hue, Wed Apr 5, 2017 12:32 PM.

#28 patrick99e99 OFFLINE  

patrick99e99

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted Thu Apr 6, 2017 12:24 AM

You have an "Excitation Only" check box, might be interesting to have a "Noise Only" check box ( produces whispers ).

This can already be done by simply turning on "Override pitch" and setting it to 0.

I think a Cybermen style effect could easily be done just by applying a custom pitch envelope, which is something I plan to add to this at some point...  but just by doing Override pitch with a value like 100 sounds pretty close..  The main difference is in that audio clip you provided, there is a resonant filter thats opening and closing throughout the speech.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users