IGNORED

HOTEL BUNNY for the Mattel Intellivision - NOW AVAILABLE!

Rev

I don't get it. $25 USD for this game? It's not worth the plastic shell of the cartridge...

What am I missing? Are we going to start putting all the little cute demos people have made while learning IntyBASIC in cart individually and sell them to collectors? Oscar, mate, we're doing this all wrong! :o

Why can't we focus on quality, and not quantity?

• Like 2

It's good for introducing young children to video games. Graphics can be better; make use of the full resolution available to moving objects.

Oh really? As if children need an excuse to be introduced to video games. :roll:

Why can't we focus on quality, and not quantity?

Exactly, are we so hard up for Intellivision cartridges? All I see is another excuse for speculators to buy a bunch, add it to their "official list of homebrews" and put it back on e-Bay for $$$.

Oh well. Like I said, I don't get it.

• Like 2

Or give an impression that that is the case. Just saying...

That reminds me of the new Nintendo mini Nes. 60 bucks retail. 150/200 online, even on walmart.com. Supposedly they made a bunch. But I can't find one in stores.....once rare/expensive always rare/expensive?

That reminds me of the new Nintendo mini Nes. 60 bucks retail. 150/200 online, even on walmart.com. Supposedly they made a bunch. But I can't find one in stores.....once rare/expensive always rare/expensive?

Oh man, just like the Wii. Eventually it turned out everyone bought one, even though they were so "scarce."

Am I the only one that thought that this was going to be an adult game?

Rev posting a game called Hotel Bunny ... I mean, come on! Am I REALLY the only one that inserted the word Playboy in there somewhere?

The next person that finds themselves in the gutter, see if you can find my mind for me.

Bunny Ranch

I'm confused- is it up to the collector elite to determine which games are allowed to be published as a home brew? Part of the free market is to allow anyone to produce a product. Whether an individual likes a game or not doesn't matter- the development, coding, manufacturing, advertisement, and shipping is the sole responsibility and financial risk of the developer and producer. I would rather have poorly developed games available for anyone to purchase rather than a very limited run of a game that is only for sale by invite only to select few.

If games by certain coders or developers are known to be flops then the demand will be weak, resulting in a drop in price as the producer seeks to minimize their losses.

Bottom line we as hobbists are not the ones to decide on which game is to be produced. I, for one, applaud the man for creating a new game on a new console for him. Well done, sir. We should be encouraging the programmer.

• Like 1

Bring back Analog recordings on vinyl, music

Just sound so much better raw.

What was the last album you bought on vinyl? Mine was Dream Theater's self-titled album last summer. Then Norah Jones most recent one. I'm trying to get all of Type O's albums but I'm missing one.

• Like 1

I'm confused- is it up to the collector elite to determine which games are allowed to be published as a home brew? Part of the free market is to allow anyone to produce a product. Whether an individual likes a game or not doesn't matter- the development, coding, manufacturing, advertisement, and shipping is the sole responsibility and financial risk of the developer and producer. I would rather have poorly developed games available for anyone to purchase rather than a very limited run of a game that is only for sale by invite only to select few.

If games by certain coders or developers are known to be flops then the demand will be weak, resulting in a drop in price as the producer seeks to minimize their losses.

Bottom line we as hobbists are not the ones to decide on which game is to be produced. I, for one, applaud the man for creating a new game on a new console for him. Well done, sir. We should be encouraging the programmer.

I think that was a compliment. :-)

Thanks! The following is not directed at you Genetixj. Its just a blanket statement. ;-)

----------

I think its a neat little 'mini' game. Which is one of the reasons its being put on cart. The beauty of it is, that no one is forced to buy every game. (Well unless you are OCD like me and others) If this is not your type of game then skip it or download the free ROM that Sebastian so graciously made available. ;-)

Edited by Rev

What was the last album you bought on vinyl? Mine was Dream Theater's self-titled album last summer. Then Norah Jones most recent one. I'm trying to get all of Type O's albums but I'm missing one.

That's cool that you still buying new release Vinyl , but I really haven't bought new presses do to it is still a

digital recording transferred to vinyl, You don't get the same sound like Analog recordings on Vinyl.. I still try to buy old records every so often though..

But nothing like still buying Albums that's for sure..

Cheers

• Like 1

Oh please, nobody is saying which games are allowed to be published or not, so burn that strawman down. :roll:

Some of us are criticizing the practice of just scraping the bottom of the barrel with whatever you can find (apparently IntyBASIC demos now), repackage it (in a box, of course!), and releasing in very small batches in order to inflate the "Home-Brew List" with "rare items," which can then be re-sold at exorbitant prices on eBay. It's just speculator fodder, and it encourages a behaviour that I find to be unpleasant.

This particular release is not even bundled other demos, or expanded into a full game. It's just some dude's cute little project to teach himself IntyBASIC.

But, to each his own. I guess you prefer this type of exploitation. I rather have a community in which people just enjoy the games, even cute and small games, rather than see $$$ on every thing.

About the game itself, I know that Rev likes the game and has mentioned in the past that he plays it with his kids. It is a cute little game with very limited re-play value, and I personally think that releasing it in a small batch will just create another Blix: a game that collectors "gotta to have," that nobody plays because it's crap, but that goes for inflated prices.

Have you noticed that even with more producers than ever, Intellivision games are mostly going up in price?

-dZ.

EDIT: I just want to add that I do not think Rev is doing this for the money, nor to exploit anybody. I'm sure he really likes the game and has a plan for releasing it. Perhaps it includes an expanded version of the game or other extras, I don't know. However, releasing small demo games individually and in limited quantities just encourages a bad practice that can be exploited by others. That is all.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

That's cool that you still buying new release Vinyl , but I really haven't bought new presses do to it is still a

digital recording transferred to vinyl, You don't get the same sound like Analog recordings on Vinyl.. I still try to buy old records every so often though..

But nothing like still buying Albums that's for sure..

Cheers

To me, what I most miss of the days of vinyl is mixing hands-on with the records themselves. Remixing and editing on reel-to-reel tape with Technique MK2 turn tables. Sometime in the late 90s, all DJs switched to CD mixing consoles and digital editing, and I started doing that for a while . It's very good and easy, and eventually the software got to the point that it would do beat-matching and all by itself, but it never felt the same.

Later on, at the beginning of the Millennium, after I had left my DJ life and equipment behind for several years, my wife presented me with a CD mixing console for my birthday, so that I could relive the "Good Ol' Days." I was very excited and loved it as much as I did 15 or 20 years before.

Yet, it is still not the same. I really miss the absolute, hands-on control I had over the placing of the needle and the cuing with my hands on the vinyl. It's technically the same now, but it feels artificial... ersatz mixing.

The sound, I could take it or leave it. I never enjoyed the snack-crackle-pop of vinyl and the high maintenance needed to avoid it. I actually welcomed the crisp and pure sound of CDs, as long as the mix-down is done right and well balanced, of course. It's the physical and intimate closeness to the technology that I miss.

-dZ.

There's definitely a difference between the old "warmer" analog recordings to the newer digital recording. Prefer the flutter, pops, and tape hiss to the harsher digital sounds.

A game cartridge like this one is purely for collectors. The game itself doesnt matter since everyone can play the game right now. The guys making the cartridge know the collector market and will make the right number.

Edit: the original Intellivision games were known for having a high percentage of quality games. Cartridges that shouldnt have been made, eg. Sharp Shot, are few.

Edited by mr_me