IGNORED

Where is the GOTY 2016?

Rev

Proper voting, not polling, no results visible until voting is closed, like this:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PMMJJ8K

I like this idea. The AtariAge thread could have a listing of the games and maybe a suggested voting criteria and the window for the voting period. People could lobby here for their favorite(s) if they want, but the final results would be more meaningful. Make it so!

• Like 1

Proper voting, not polling, no results visible until voting is closed, like this:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PMMJJ8K

Responses are not visible until end of Poll

IP Addresses are tracked

Multiple Responses from same device are Off

This is just a test, but once everyone agrees on the Release list that qualifies we can set up a proper one.

Is there a way to limit the entries?... otherwise potentially I could vote at home, at work, at Starbucks, etc. (I think, anyway).

• Like 1

1. Gosub

IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1

Sydney Hunter Sacred Tribe

Ultimate Pong

Desert Bus

BC Quest for Tires

Super Mine-Field

Hard Hat

Space Cadet

Blow Out

D2K Arcade Special Edition

Lock N Chase Collapsing Lupin

Super Pro Baseball

Mystic Castle

Missile Domination

Land Battle

Edited by Rev

For the actual ballot, the games could be listed in the order that they were released.

Come to think of it, what qualifies as a release? Does it have to be sold, or can it be free? Oh Mummy! was released on December 13 for free (and has 154 downloads at the moment), and 2048 was posted in November. I believe nanochess considers these finished.

Edited by mthompson
  • Like 1

Who kept track of what month stuff is released?

Looks like you ought to know when at least half of them debuted :)

Almost all the others were announced on AA or in your newsletter. A bunch came out in October.

The order doesn't matter to me, as long as it's not random.

Edited by mthompson

Looks like you ought to know when at least half of them debuted :)

Almost all the others were announced on AA or in your newsletter. A bunch came out in October.

The order doesn't matter to me, as long as it's not random.

lol, i dont really keep track of that

Is there a way to limit the entries?... otherwise potentially I could vote at home, at work, at Starbucks, etc. (I think, anyway).

I'll have to go back and check. Survey Monkey has lots of options but it not the only tool.

However, the AA polls are next to useless for this purpose(as determined by a person that does polling/surveys and resulting analysis for a career)

Any system not tied to users AND some system set baselines can be gamed.

AA's poll module can be set to hide how a member voted, it can not hide results until a poll is done, probably the biggest issue.

Secondly, a statistician would set some base rules unknown to participants such as:

accounts created after the vote starts would be subject to extra analysis...have they made posts in other threads, have they EVEN VIEWED other threads except the voting thread. How many 0-day accounts share IP addresses with existing members, especially participants. Etc. These rules would be established before the voting starts. This data exists in the AA server logs but is not worth mining or bothering Albert for.

Even a system where the user has to create an account can be gamed by using throwaway email accounts.

Another method is to use single use Random Access Codes distributed to members, we also use this technique at work due to some overly paranoid people.

• Like 1

For the actual ballot, the games could be listed in the order that they were released.

I'm not sure 100%, but I think:

1. Gosub (October)
  2. IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1 (October)
  3. Sydney Hunter Sacred Tribe (December)
  4. Ultimate Pong (October)
  5. Desert Bus (October)
  6. BC Quest for Tires (November 2015, I guess)
  7. Super Mine-Field (June)
  8. Hard Hat (September)
  9. Space Cadet (September)
  10. Blow Out (September)
  11. D2K Arcade Special Edition (May)
  12. Lock N Chase Collapsing Lupin (dunno)
  13. Super Pro Baseball (November)
  14. Mystic Castle (November)
  15. Missile Domination (January-February)
  16. Land Battle (January-February)

1. BC Quest for Tires (November 2015, I guess)

According to the "Super-Sekrit-PM" this was sold on Sep 24, 2015 10:54 PM, so it doesn't qualify for 2016.

D2K Arcade Special Edition (May)

Again, really? Isn't there a re-release every friggin' year? :roll:

I'm not sure 100%, but I think:

1. Hard Hat (September)
  2. Space Cadet (September)
  3. Blow Out (September)
  4. Lock N Chase Collapsing Lupin (dunno)
  5. Mystic Castle (November)

I think all those are bootlegs, no? Should we count them separately?

I am an Auto Racing / Motocross fan. I like the idea of Stadium Mud Buggies but the control of the Monster Truck ( mud biggie ) is horrible.

It reminds me of EARLY 2600 games. I wish it had realistic steering! That would be the best Update ever!!!!!!!!

Yes, new racing games for the intellivision would be great!

What ever happened to the GRAVITAR type game?

As for GOTY.... That is hard. I think Missile Domination is pretty cool and I am huge fan of Super Pro Baseball.

But I think I have played Mystic Castle the most. Hmmmm.

Do minor changes on a game ,make it a new release?(how much of the game code is different then the original) and If its a secret game release, How could it be included in a Public GOTY pole, Maybe include them to a secret pole with the secret people involved for those game releases.

In my opinion for the bootleg releases and minor changes , as was suggested there be a separate pole - Upgraded-GOTY release's

Or lets take a pole where to take the pole ,and a pole to see what games should be on a pole or poles... lol

Do minor changes on a game ,make it a new release?(how much of the game code is different then the original) and If its a secret game release, How could it be included in a Public GOTY pole, Maybe include them to a secret pole with the secret people involved for those game releases.

In my opinion for the bootleg releases and minor changes , as was suggested there be a separate pole - Upgraded-GOTY release's

Or lets take a pole where to take the pole ,and a pole to see what games should be on a pole or poles... lol

You mispelled Paul. :lol: :grin:

• Like 1

You mispelled Paul. :lol: :grin:

lol, would you have expected anything different from me.. you know my spinglish is horrible..

ok I know go up to the front of the class and write Paul on the chalk board a 100 times.. lol Oh man do I remember having to do that so many times as a kid... lol

Stadium Mud Buggies is really well done. I like the gear changing, but I wish the steering method was selectable like Motocross. Holding these side buttons is still tough. It deals with the two player problem best but I still prefer Auto Racing as a one player game; and prefer SMB over Motocross. I think 'Game of the Year' means best new game of the year.

D2K Arcade SE is in the DxK family but it does have new screens and is more of a new game than Super Pro Baseball, Mystic Castle, or Lock'N'Chase.

Some of these bootlegs have been officially released before, some as early as 1999. LockNChase (collapsing lupin) has been available for a long time and there's not enough in it to consider it a new game. Anyone with a Cuttle Cart 3 has been able to play these games on a real Intellivision for a long time. You can have a seperate category like best new box/overlays. If a never before seen game shows up like eg. Firetruck, why not count it even though it might be a bootleg, unless its best new homebrew.

I read that only a few BCs Quest for Tires were made for friends. That doesn't sound like it was released but I dont know what happened.

I read that only a few BCs Quest for Tires were made for friends. That doesn't sound like it was released but I dont know what happened.

Not quite. It was released for sale to a close group of collectors. The idea was to avoid getting too much attention from Copyright owners and prevent another expensive loss like what happened with Smurf Adventure. CollectorVision requested it not to be put on eBay and not to publish details that could result in another Cease & Desist letter.

I'm just saying this now because the cat is already out of the bag, so I figure may as well set the pubic record straight.

I guess once collectorvision themselves put it on ebay it was okay for others to do the same.

Edit:

I forgot about the rom file release. Did that happen? An electronic file release is still a release and can be played on any Intellivision.

Edited by mr_me

lol, would you have expected anything different from me.. you know my spinglish is horrible..

ok I know go up to the front of the class and write Paul on the chalk board a 100 times.. lol Oh man do I remember having to do that so many times as a kid... lol

Pssst! That was another joke. It's actually "Poll." :lol: "Paul" is a name. :grin: Woosh!! :rolling:

I guess once collectorvision themselves put it on ebay it was okay for others to do the same.

Edit:

I forgot about the rom file release. Did that happen? An electronic file release is still a release and can be played on any Intellivision.

The collecting money for the ROM release. Seems not to be done.

After all, Quest for Tires is not a 2016 release.

However, the AA polls are next to useless for this purpose(as determined by a person that does polling/surveys and resulting analysis for a career)

Cool. As an aside, Rev does tons of poles as part of his Friday night job. Cool that you guys share that in common...oh wait, you said POLLS.....my bad.